Author Topic: Rafa's game plan against Djokovic  (Read 13462 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Rafa's game plan against Djokovic
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2012, 06:33:42 AM »
Novak should've won in 4 but hey. as long as Nole stays fit, it's going to be very hard for Rafa to win. I think that it was always a bad matchup for Nadal even when he was winning. I would love to see them at RG. I'd pay $1 mill if I had  :))

Novak would have won in 4 if not for the existing mental baggage he still carried against Nadal. But I think after this monumental victory, the demons are finally slain forever. Even on clay I don't think Novak will fear Nadal for a moment.
I noticed that baggage weighed heavily on his level of play against Nadal last year. :\   
It has spilled into this year already as evidenced by the recently completed AO Men's Singles Final 2012.
Hopefully DJoker can get over it eventually and go on to realize his full potential.  :fingers crossed:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:36:26 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2012, 08:50:11 AM »
after watching the replay of AO final, i only affirm my previous claim - stay aggressive off both sides and maintain good depth.......depth is the key to victory.......so get that frigging 2010 backhand back and start winning again.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
« Reply #242 on: February 05, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
This game was epic! I was hopeing for nadal to win but djokavic played a very good game! Especially with the defence!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #243 on: February 05, 2012, 07:12:13 PM »
omg, I don't speak Spanish but this so hilarious  :rofl_2:
Crackòvia: Nadal está harto de Djokovic

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2012, 04:54:55 AM »
Right now Nadal has to be more aggressive and take his chances. Add more weight to the racket, he only added 3 grams last time which isn't much. Try that out for awhile.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #245 on: February 06, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »
after watching the replay of AO final, i only affirm my previous claim - stay aggressive off both sides and maintain good depth.......depth is the key to victory.......so get that frigging 2010 backhand back and start winning again.......
easier said than done. I agree with your post but Nadal simply  tend to send too many short balls to Novak and he gets punished.

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2012, 01:28:20 AM »

This is such fun! Thanks for sharing this video with us all!! :)) :)) Rafa rules, even in jest!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2012, 05:23:49 AM »
np man. I'm still killing myself when I watch that video. can't stop laughing. it's awesome. the actors are too good  :))

Offline Nole nş1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2012, 08:02:19 PM »
Nadal is a good player, but Djokovic is the best.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2012, 04:32:48 AM »
Attacking Nadal's backhand wing by using different angles and depth, and continue doing this until Nadal's backhand crack down to give them free point, it has become one of tactics for beating Nadal. I believe it makes Nadal confuse on what he should move due to pressure while his opponent using this tactic well. This tactic is one of the reason why he lost to Djokovic.

And we have said it a lot of times. So to think based on this point, how to avoid same circumstance is the key for Nadal.

But so far this year, personally I haven't seen a lot of change on Nadal game. He tries to use backhand slice, but it is too predictable. He needs cross-court backhand slice to help him. But, I never saw it. In other hand, I believe he needs to run round his backhand, to hit his massive forehand cross-court if he has chance. But major opponent already know that so that is reason they continue play the ball with different pace, angle and depth.

Offline Nole nş1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #250 on: March 19, 2012, 10:35:25 AM »

Very funny.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #251 on: March 19, 2012, 06:54:15 PM »
 :ZZZZZ) :ZZZZZ)

Offline Nole nş1

• Tennis Pro

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #255 on: March 21, 2012, 01:53:03 AM »
OK, stop this smiley stuff  :) (stupid). I don't think that Rafa has any plan. He plays his game... it's too late to make any change. Djokovic has been always a better HC player than Nadal. I've seen so many of their matches.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #256 on: March 21, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »
OK, stop this smiley stuff  :) (stupid). I don't think that Rafa has any plan. He plays his game... it's too late to make any change. Djokovic has been always a better HC player than Nadal. I've seen so many of their matches.

concurred.......djokovic is better than rafa on hardcourts.......rafa has to find that backhand again and shed the defensive bulls**t, doubles and golf.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2012, 02:51:42 PM »
I don't think now Rafa has a problem only against Nole....the title of this thread should now read "rafa's game plan in tennis". He is really not finding his rhythm. Its frustrating to watch.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2012, 04:41:38 PM »
I don't think now Rafa has a problem only against Nole....the title of this thread should now read "rafa's game plan in tennis". He is really not finding his rhythm. Its frustrating to watch.

Rafa has now lost this year to 1) Djokovic and 2) Federer. Really frustrating to watch huh? He's been just the same in all his matches leading up to those losses.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2012, 05:35:12 PM »

Rafa has now lost this year to 1) Djokovic and 2) Federer. Really frustrating to watch huh? He's been just the same in all his matches leading up to those losses.
Not quite...he's not rolling directly his way into a match against Fed or Nole. He has been struggling with his movement throughout.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason