Author Topic: 2011 Men's Roland Garros Grand Slam Bracket Challenge  (Read 9458 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: 2011 Men's Roland Garros Grand Slam Bracket Challenge
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2011, 01:17:28 PM »
i have to laugh at some folks here........the second place holder conchita din't even get the tournament winner right but ended up second, goes to show how flawed this contest is........if i am not wrong she picked djokovic for the winner.......even vsty did the same, or not? where's the predictions page again? 

look i can go with all the expected seeds to advance and play it protectively like most of you did........but that's not what i chose to........

i made some bold calls based on players' current strengths but sometimes not much can be done if they decide to beat themselves........

Hey Shank what r u drinking?? Conchita finished 7th & my pick for Winner was Rafa & I was the only one to pick Fed as losing finalist apart from Pawan who picked Fed as the winner. If u look at my picks I had Almagro for SF whom I think not anyone apart from Babbs picked him. Look it's just predictions somebody is going to get it right & someone is going to lose & nobody is going to get a trophy to show !! Just relax & let's all hav fun !!! :)

i mistook the final standings, conchita was second after the semis in the 80th reply........anyway, there are a few who predicted the eventual winner wrong and still finished before me which makes no sense........there's no right to boast about their standings if they can't even get the winner right........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2011, 01:37:50 PM »
2nd=7th now then :rofl_2: :rofl_2: Just cracks me up this guy :rofl_2:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2011, 01:38:40 PM »
i have to laugh at some folks here........the second place holder conchita din't even get the tournament winner right but ended up second, goes to show how flawed this contest is........if i am not wrong she picked djokovic for the winner.......even vsty did the same, or not? where's the predictions page again? 

look i can go with all the expected seeds to advance and play it protectively like most of you did........but that's not what i chose to........

i made some bold calls based on players' current strengths but sometimes not much can be done if they decide to beat themselves........

Hey Shank what r u drinking?? Conchita finished 7th & my pick for Winner was Rafa & I was the only one to pick Fed as losing finalist apart from Pawan who picked Fed as the winner. If u look at my picks I had Almagro for SF whom I think not anyone apart from Babbs picked him. Look it's just predictions somebody is going to get it right & someone is going to lose & nobody is going to get a trophy to show !! Just relax & let's all hav fun !!! :)

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »

i mistook the final standings, conchita was second after the semis in the 80th reply........anyway, there are a few who predicted the eventual winner wrong and still finished before me which makes no sense........there's no right to boast about their standings if they can't even get the winner right........

Come on seriously, its no good picking one pick right and getting nowhere near close on practically the other 7.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2011, 01:58:03 PM »

Come on seriously, its no good picking one pick right and getting nowhere near close on practically the other 7.

but my important  :rofl_2: pick came in the tb, in santana i trust!  ;-()
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »

but my important  :rofl_2: pick came in the tb, in santana i trust!  ;-()

:rofl_2: That was just too funny to see you have that one :rofl_2:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2011, 04:20:12 PM »

It's good enough for a fanboy....
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »

It's good enough for a fanboy....

Apparently so it seems....

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2011, 06:34:37 PM »
These two picks by the two Rafa fans (foaquin & Shankar) were legendary. This should always be used as a future refercence as to, "How Not to Pick".

foaquin

NADAL
BERDYCH
ALMAGRO
FEDERER
SODERLING
DOLGOPOLOV
DEL POTRO
FERRER

MELZER
MURRAY
VERDASCO

Shankar

nadal  the clay god
berdych
dolgopolov
ferrer 
melzer
simon
federer 
djokovic

---------------
fish
murray
almagro

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:36:37 PM by Emma »
You are everything I am not.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2011, 11:52:59 PM »
what is wrong with those picks? i played it boldly, i could have chosen to play safe by picking the expected seeds to advance which would have put me in a moderately good position.......

for instance, berdych just needed to win the first match to see what i was suggesting........you talk as if everybody here predicted that he would lose in the first round to that unknown clown.........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2011, 08:16:15 AM »
what is wrong with those picks? i played it boldly, i could have chosen to play safe by picking the expected seeds to advance which would have put me in a moderately good position.......

for instance, berdych just needed to win the first match to see what i was suggesting........you talk as if everybody here predicted that he would lose in the first round to that unknown clown.........

There's absolutely nothing bold about your picks  :Fool:

Berdych was a SFist last year and playing well coming in. Not at all a bold pick, he just lost. All y'all have an uncontrollable erection over Dologopov. That wasn't a bold pick, that was a case of the little head thinking for the big head. Melzer = Berdych, not at all a bold pick. Most people take one shot in the dark. You took Simon. That's par here, not bold.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 08:16:58 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2011, 10:01:28 AM »

There's absolutely nothing bold about your picks  :Fool:

Berdych was a SFist last year and playing well coming in. Not at all a bold pick, he just lost. All y'all have an uncontrollable erection over Dologopov. That wasn't a bold pick, that was a case of the little head thinking for the big head. Melzer = Berdych, not at all a bold pick. Most people take one shot in the dark. You took Simon. That's par here, not bold.

projecting your own uncontrollable thoughts as somebody else's is never a good idea........

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »
Whoa, someone went Freudian on me!*  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Pretty funny, Shank.  :good:   But you guys really are like that with Dologopov. And your picks weren't bold at all.

*Freud would have fun with you  ;-()
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:13:53 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2011, 10:19:35 AM »
dolgopolov had a good chance with that easy draw, besides that he favours clay........so i thought it was apt to put him in the semis........

birds**t was the one that spoiled my bracket challenge........some of you guys talk as if you predicted berdych would go down in round 1........

i have had enough, i will have to bring back my astro powers pretty soon........

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2011, 12:16:43 PM »
What about faoquin's picks? NO NOVAK and this happens when the guy was on a hot streak beating everyone in sight including Rafa 4 times in a row TWICE ON CLAY. That's mind boggling, that pick.  :rofl_2:   :)~

foaquin

NADAL
BERDYCH
ALMAGRO
FEDERER
SODERLING
DOLGOPOLOV
DEL POTRO
FERRER

MELZER
MURRAY
VERDASCO

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 12:19:19 PM »
I know I teased pawan, but I also thought that he was the one who went with the bold prediction. Even though Murray couldn't pull an upset, Federer was able to take Nole out and made the final. Had Murray done the same, Federer would have taken out Murray in the final, so that was a gutsy move by Pawan. I teased him regardless because...I can.  :)~

Offline MsTree

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 12:46:56 PM »
 :rofl_2:
Must've missed the boasting, what page was it on? Glad I didn't miss the bad losing though  :rofl_2:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »
What about faoquin's picks? NO NOVAK and this happens when the guy was on a hot streak beating everyone in sight including Rafa 4 times in a row TWICE ON CLAY. That's mind boggling, that pick.  :rofl_2:   :)~

foaquin

NADAL
BERDYCH
ALMAGRO
FEDERER
SODERLING
DOLGOPOLOV
DEL POTRO
FERRER

MELZER
MURRAY
VERDASCO

As with everything, my expectations are very low for faoquain  :)~

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2011, 06:48:44 PM »
:rofl_2:
Must've missed the boasting, what page was it on? Glad I didn't miss the bad losing though  :rofl_2:

It's on the first page. You did good so no worries. Besides, you are a Murray fan and all Murray fans are just plain adorable and can never go wrong.  :)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »
Babbs, this is my Wimbledon picks on behalf of....faoquin. This is a bit early but I had to work hard and I'd like to get it in a bit ahead of time.

Nadal
Federer
Nadal
Federer
Nadal
Federer
Nadal
Federer

Nadal
Nadal
Nadal

And if Shankar is late again this time, I will do it for him too. You can basically copy his FO picks. I don't think anything major will change. And it certainly won't be my/shankar's fault if they players we like don't live up to their potential and the players we hate do. In any case, We'd like you to consider that and make me/Shankar champion anyway. Many thanks in advance. Bamos!

:ice cream: