Author Topic: Federer's game plan against Djokovic  (Read 3810 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Federer's game plan against Djokovic
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
Fed needs to use the crowd. No one has the crowd support and pull over them that Roger does he needs to use it. See what Jimbo could do with the crowd back in the day.

Also let's recall that at the French, it was actually Federer's defense that was pretty damn spectacular. He let Djokovic do the mood swings and form swings and beat himself a bit with some spectacular defense. I don't know how much will play in this match but it's just interesting to keep in mind.
Oh, the crowd thing. Sure, the crowd will help Rog win the match  :rofl_2: . You can do better than this Pawan.  :innocent:

Novak played sh!t in Paris, that's why he lost. It's as simple as that  :gleam: .

I assume he meant the crowd would come down and beat the s**t out of Nole so he would be too beat up to play.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »
Fed needs to use the crowd. No one has the crowd support and pull over them that Roger does he needs to use it. See what Jimbo could do with the crowd back in the day.

Also let's recall that at the French, it was actually Federer's defense that was pretty damn spectacular. He let Djokovic do the mood swings and form swings and beat himself a bit with some spectacular defense. I don't know how much will play in this match but it's just interesting to keep in mind.
Oh, the crowd thing. Sure, the crowd will help Rog win the match  :rofl_2: . You can do better than this Pawan.  :innocent:

Novak played sh!t in Paris, that's why he lost. It's as simple as that  :gleam: .

I assume he meant the crowd would come down and beat the s**t out of Nole so he would be too beat up to play.
OK  :rofl_2:. We'll go with that  :rofl_2:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 07:22:46 PM »
I think there are several keys for Federer tomorrow:

#1 - First serve % must be 65% or better.
#2 - play super defense(better then usual) to frustrate Djokovic
#3 - good depth on the backhand(doesn't need to hit clean winners, nice bonus if can)
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 09:07:59 PM »
I believe good return is only tactic Federer need to play.
He does not return well this year and also past two years perhaps. And more important thing is he does not return well under break point chance.

By the way, think nothing is also important for he. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:12:17 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2011, 03:37:31 AM »

#3 - good depth on the backhand(doesn't need to hit clean winners, nice bonus if can)

the first thing that will be in his head is winning the first set........ask me why.......in all the 23 meetings, he has never beaten djokovic after losing the first set.......djokovic beat him thrice even after losing the first set.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2011, 06:04:45 AM »
I think FFF and Mr. Chung gave us 2 clues as to what will work for Fed.

1st serve must be good.
Might I add, that Fed's 2nd serve must be exceptional.
Holding serve is essential to his confidence and should keep his game loose so if the match is a close and comes down to those few crucial points he will be able to defend or play aggressively as needed. He must be confident and loose.  Anything less (mentally) and Nole will take him to the cleaners in a hurry.  Why?  Look at him,he is the embodiement of confident and loose at the moment.

Fed must return well for one game per set (provided he holds his own serve) or during any TB's.  Other than that he can coast.
As William pointed out, the important points are the BP's.

I think the strategy of trying to make a player like Nole or Nadal run, plays right into their strengths.  It's a bad plan.  Much better to play short points and games, thereby depriving the excellent movers and ball strikers of their timing and rhythm.

Let's hope both players bring their A game and it's competitive with no retirement from either player
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 06:07:01 AM »

the first thing that will be in his head is winning the first set........ask me why.......in all the 23 meetings, he has never beaten djokovic after losing the first set.......djokovic beat him thrice even after losing the first set.......
A quick start for Fed wouldn't hurt either.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »
Should we do it again? :whistle:

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2012, 08:49:52 AM »
"fed at his best" never faced somebody even half as good as djokovic 2.0........outside of nadal on clay that is.........

Fed at his best(2004-2006) would wipe the court with Djokovic 2.0.
meh, do you remember Montreal 2007 when Nole won ... the USO 2007 when Novak simply chocked so bad ... don't think so bud ....

I don't know about Fed's plan. He will have to be very aggressive and sharp, but it's easier said then done. Djokovic is a beast nowadays. He won against Tsonga who played probably the match of his life ,,,, never seen Tsonga playing so well on clay ... yet it wasn't enough

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2012, 10:45:21 AM »
"fed at his best" never faced somebody even half as good as djokovic 2.0........outside of nadal on clay that is.........

meh, do you remember Montreal 2007 when Nole won ... the USO 2007 when Novak simply chocked so bad ... don't think so bud ....

I don't know about Fed's plan. He will have to be very aggressive and sharp, but it's easier said then done. Djokovic is a beast nowadays. He won against Tsonga who played probably the match of his life ,,,, never seen Tsonga playing so well on clay ... yet it wasn't enough

Sure, but you could say a bit that Tsonga did choke on matchpoints... ture Tsonga played the match of his life and he had the opportunity to win the match, couldn't go through..

As for Fed-Djokovic match, well, I am expecting a great match... The way Djokovic played vs. Tsonga, I would have to say that Djokovic should be the undisputed favorite for the match!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2012, 12:06:16 PM »
djoko-fed match should be fun once again........with djokovic scrambling like crazy and losing his footing.......i would be laughing with either result.......

:rofl_2:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:07:04 PM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2012, 03:31:25 PM »
djoko-fed match should be fun once again........with djokovic scrambling like crazy and losing his footing.......i would be laughing with either result.......

who do you think will win this?

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 06:40:16 PM »

Sure, but you could say a bit that Tsonga did choke on matchpoints... ture Tsonga played the match of his life and he had the opportunity to win the match, couldn't go through..

As for Fed-Djokovic match, well, I am expecting a great match... The way Djokovic played vs. Tsonga, I would have to say that Djokovic should be the undisputed favorite for the match!!
didn't Fed choke last year at the USO too, or Novak was too good, going for crazy shots. I really don't know any more.  :confused1: :)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
Djokovic and Fed have been below there best but the last matches they played have relit the fires.
It should be a good match.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »
Djokovic and Fed have been below there best but the last matches they played have relit the fires.
It should be a good match.

Yup yup!  You can guarantee they will both come out focus for sure.  They cannot skate by on half assing it this time!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2012, 04:35:38 AM »
all I can say is  I'm looking forward to the djoko fed match so much. I'm drooling right now ... it's so early in Calgary but I can't sleep ... Nole please spank Fed so i can tease Dallas a little bit  :rofl_2:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2012, 05:00:40 AM »

who do you think will win this?

i think federer will win again.......if he wins the first set, his chances will really increase.......djokovic's movement is not at the level of fed's on this surface.......i want to see nadal beating djokovic in the final but it looks like we might not get that yet again.......

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2012, 07:42:09 AM »
all I can say is  I'm looking forward to the djoko fed match so much. I'm drooling right now ... it's so early in Calgary but I can't sleep ... Nole please spank Fed so i can tease Dallas a little bit  :rofl_2:

That match is tomorrow Alex, go back to sleep!

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2012, 09:03:02 AM »

That match is tomorrow Alex, go back to sleep!
I know, but I want it NOW  :)... still can't sleep ... gosh this is horrible ... had to finish  this stupid consulting thing ...  :)

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2012, 10:48:54 AM »
As long as Roger keeps those UE minimal, I will be contend even if he goes on to lose the match... But Federer's UEs always frustrates me. Otherwise to win the match he has to bring Ace service, no doubt. I would like to see him put some extra effort in chasing the balls and take some risk here and there.
But one thing for sure it will be nothing like their last encounter in Rome where Roger was just out of his game and possible tired. Looking forward for a fierce Federer.