Author Topic: Is Vettels dominance due to Red Bull or due to him  (Read 769 times)

Offline NadalGrafboy

• Tennis Addict
Is Vettels dominance due to Red Bull or due to him
« on: June 28, 2011, 04:01:20 AM »
Vettel's complete dominance of F1 is almost turning it into a complete bore.    :whistle:     At this rate he will lose only 4 or 5 races over the next 2 and a half seasons.    My question is he this dominant due to the car or is he simply that far superior to Hamilton, Alonso, Button and the rest as a driver.     Or is it a combination of both.  His teammate Mark Webber is a solid driver and is being destroyed in the same car.   However Webber isnt really a championship caliber driver either, despite that he pushed Vettel very close last year.    The only thing we can say for sure is he is much faster than Webber.  It would be interesting to see him race Alonso, Hamilton, possibly Rosberg, and possibly a healthy Kubica, all in the same car.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: Is Vettels dominance due to Red Bull or due to him
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:35:35 AM »
Definitely a bit of both for me. There's no doubting that Red Bull Car is well ahead of the rest of the cars in almost every aspect and how it sets him up for the race by constantly qualifying on pole is perfect. Although its definitely not all the car as Vettel is an exceptional talent and as you say he constantly beats his very solid and good if not spectacular team mate Mark Webber. But he doesn't seem to be given quite the same new upgrades and parts as Vettel as there's no doubt Vettel is getting first go and first pick with all the latest things the team are producing, he's the favoured one. In terms of raw talent I have Vettel in a league with just Hamilton and Alonso but the real tester would come to see those 2 as you say in the same car as Vettel, only then would we really find out just how good Vettel is compared to the rest of the drivers and how crucial a factor it is currently of him easily having the best and most consistent car.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 02:41:46 PM »
Its because of the car I feel...I really thought this season would give us a lot to look forward to, but it is turning out to be quite boring

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline NadalGrafboy

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 04:43:10 AM »
Definitely a bit of both for me. There's no doubting that Red Bull Car is well ahead of the rest of the cars in almost every aspect and how it sets him up for the race by constantly qualifying on pole is perfect. Although its definitely not all the car as Vettel is an exceptional talent and as you say he constantly beats his very solid and good if not spectacular team mate Mark Webber. But he doesn't seem to be given quite the same new upgrades and parts as Vettel as there's no doubt Vettel is getting first go and first pick with all the latest things the team are producing, he's the favoured one. In terms of raw talent I have Vettel in a league with just Hamilton and Alonso but the real tester would come to see those 2 as you say in the same car as Vettel, only then would we really find out just how good Vettel is compared to the rest of the drivers and how crucial a factor it is currently of him easily having the best and most consistent car.

Yeah last year Webber forced the hand of Red Bull to consider them co-#1s with his performances, fighting hard for the Drivers Championship which he sadly blew at the end.   However this year new World Champion Vettel has stamped his authority hard, and as such the team leaders are happy to relegate Webber to the distinct #2 they had in mind for him in the first place, giving all their car advantages to Vettel, making Webber competing evenly with him even more impossible.   

I agree it is both driver and car.   It would be interesting to see Alonso or Hamilton with Vettel in the same car.    It is a shame that there isnt a way to see something like that, although I guess two of them as teammates is possible, but seems unlikely to me.