Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Young Generation

<< < (14/14)

HarryWild:
Tomic lost to Federer in a pretty convincing manner!  I think Federer was playing at 60%.  Federer just play well enough for a solid win.  It only at the semi-final and final ladders that top players go all out!  If Federer met Tomic in either of the rounds it would be 6-0, 6-1, 6-0 Federer.

Filippo Volandri:
Tomic would be a lot more of a future threat if he moved better. Because of his lesser mobility, which has improved a lot but is still not high level compared to contemporaries, I don't see him being a force at the top of the game like a Fed or Nole. He'll probably win a slam or three but I can't see domination in him. Dimitrov has a similar issue, he doesn't move well enough. This young generation coming up lacks a Roger, Nole, once-in-a-lifetime type talent.

Babblelot:

--- Quote from: Filippo Volandri on January 27, 2013, 09:50:00 PM ---Tomic would be a lot more of a future threat if he moved better. Because of his lesser mobility, which has improved a lot but is still not high level compared to contemporaries, I don't see him being a force at the top of the game like a Fed or Nole. He'll probably win a slam or three but I can't see domination in him. Dimitrov has a similar issue, he doesn't move well enough. This young generation coming up lacks a Roger, Nole, once-in-a-lifetime type talent.

--- End quote ---

True about the foot speed. :good:

williamchung7:
Jerzy makes a little break through, but he still need to bring more things to prove himself.
So who will be next?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version