Would You Want To Live Forever?

Of Course!
1 (25%)
No, Just Let Nature Take It's course.
2 (50%)
Haven't Thought About It.
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Would You Want To Live Forever?  (Read 2077 times)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Re: Would You Want To Live Forever?
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2011, 10:55:59 AM »
War - uh!

What is it good for?

Well, to be honest, overpopulation...
Interesting.
I wonder if there would be more or less WAR as lifespans lengthened?

I'm of the mind that there will be a cataclysmic event either man-made or natural within the next 100 years which will reduce the population by 3/4 or more and we will begin again.  Perhaps none the wiser.... :Confused:

That's very realistic and probable. And unfortunately probably a lot sooner than 100 years, but I do hope its more than that, I want at least my grandkids to live a somewhat good life :)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2011, 12:01:53 PM »
Thankfully, I won't live another 100 years or so. My time will be well up before then. I will not have kids so I won't have to worry about my kids or grandkids having a wonderful life. I like keeping things very simple. There's no place for extra stress in my life. I make no space for those. I want to enjoy my current life, help others if possible and make the best out of it. Believe it or not, I made these decisions when I was a little girl. Getting married, having kids have no value to me. It's too mundane too mainstream. I do value relationships of any kind a great deal.

However, I'd love to live forever but only under different conditions and circumstances. But I firmly believe that we are meant to live forever anyway. Nothing really dies.

Dying is not terrible though, what's terrible is the suffering but I am sure, even that, has some kind of meaning behind it. Any kind of transition has to be hard especially from a physical form to a non-physical form.

You are everything I am not.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »
If they get us up to a reasonable number like 200 healthy years there will be population problems.
So the easy thing to do is have a hundred year limit.

When you hit 100, off you go, you'll have a choice of method too.
I'd pick the Mariana trench myself.
I'd go for a moon shot myself. :))

So basically buried... face down.  :cool:
I guess I'd rather see the stars than the abyss....again. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2011, 08:19:31 PM »
Thankfully, I won't live another 100 years or so. My time will be well up before then. I will not have kids so I won't have to worry about my kids or grandkids having a wonderful life. I like keeping things very simple. There's no place for extra stress in my life. I make no space for those. I want to enjoy my current life, help others if possible and make the best out of it. Believe it or not, I made these decisions when I was a little girl. Getting married, having kids have no value to me. It's too mundane too mainstream. I do value relationships of any kind a great deal.
Isn't getting married and having children the ultimate in valuable relationships??? :confused1: 
Except of course, for the relationship between man & dog. :))
CONK da ball!!!