Author Topic: Tom & Katie: Engaged!  (Read 1422 times)

Offline SerenasBiggestFan

• Tennis God
  • "Oh Eddy, is it, is it a bee?" Patsy Stone
Tom & Katie: Engaged!
« on: June 17, 2005, 11:39:42 AM »
Tom and Katie's Paris Engagement!

TomKat is official, as TOM CRUISE and KATIE HOLMES have announced their engagement! At a 'War of the Worlds' press conference in Paris Friday, Tom confirmed the news: "Yes, I proposed to Kate last night ... because it's very beautiful and romantic here," he smiled.

"Entertainment Tonight" has learned that Tom popped the big question Thursday night after a romantic candlelit dinner at Le Jules Verne, a famous restaurant on the second level of the Eiffel Tower. Tom says the couple may even exchange vows in France -- on a train from Paris to Marseilles Friday, the actor told members of the media he would love to marry Katie at the Eiffel Tower with both of their families present to witness the event.

"Today is a magnificent day for me, I'm engaged to a magnificent woman," he told reporters at the press conference, as his bride-to-be smiled and displayed some serious diamond bling on her left hand.

There is no wedding date planned just yet.

Sparks flew immediately for this Hollywood couple, who have been dating for just over 2 months. It all started when Tom called the 26-year-old "Dawson's Creek" star out of the blue for a private meeting. The two hit it off instantly and set out on a variety of romantic outings -- including sushi dinners aboard his private jet, vacations in Mexico, OPRAH's white tie ball and smooches for the paparazzi in Rome last April.

Tom then publicly declared his love for Katie on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in May, literally jumping for joy at his newfound girlfriend. "I can't be cool, I can't be laid back," he told Oprah. "I want to celebrate her, she's a very special woman."

Katie, of course, echoed the sentiment: "It's exciting," she told our JANN CARL. "I love Tom. It's amazing. I'm so proud to be with him."

Both stars have big summer films coming out, which had led to some speculation that this was all just a big publicity stunt. Tom's response? "Ridiculous." Tom's 'War of the Worlds,' directed by STEVEN SPIELBERG, opens June 29, while Katie's 'Batman Begins' is in theaters right now!

"I was so caught up in the moment... now your just a memory burning in my mind..."

Offline Sophie

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 01:36:25 PM »
I don't know why, but I just feel there is something not quite right with that guy. I think he is a control freak or something. I thought that way before he broke up with Nicole.  Look how she has blossomed since they have been apart.  His track record with matrimony is not so terrific either.  Bet, Katie Holmes falls off the radar within two years of marriage to him.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 02:22:13 PM »
Quote from: "Sophie"
I don't know why, but I just feel there is something not quite right with that guy. I think he is a control freak or something. I thought that way before he broke up with Nicole.  Look how she has blossomed since they have been apart.  His track record with matrimony is not so terrific either.  Bet, Katie Holmes falls off the radar within two years of marriage to him.

It's nothing llike that. Tom Cruise is dyslexic. So he might come off as strange at first.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 02:32:01 PM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"
Quote from: "Sophie"

It's nothing llike that. Tom Cruise is dislexic. So he might come off as strange at first.

LOL I think it's more because of his scientology fervor than his dyslexia.

Offline Hoytie

• Tennis God
  • My British Blue Shorthair, Joshua, a Tennis Fan.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 06:32:15 PM »
Tom Cruise might be better off dumping that cult called Scientology and actually taking some of the drugs he so strongly criticizes.  He definitely needs something.  Can you imagine him actually saying that he knows the history of psychiatry.  What a strong statement coming from a high school dropout.  The 'real' Tom Cruise has finally been seen by all.  It's too late, Tom.  Now with your idiot sister running your PR, you are a gonner.  Good riddance.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 07:19:23 PM »
isn't he with Penelope Cruz?

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 07:29:32 PM »
Quote from: "DirtyKash"
isn't he with Penelope Cruz?

Are you kidding me? That's been over for ages!
Be the change that you seek.