Non-Tennis Discussions > General Discussions

do you believe in God?

<< < (41/46) > >>

jesse james:

--- Quote from: Emma on May 15, 2013, 08:30:51 PM ---i just have far toomany reasons to belive in something .... believe in god. i can't get mad at anyone because ifeel i know it's myself i am getting amd at and that doesn't make any sense to me. anyway in time you will find out..in you too, jesse. you will and maybe ill be there for you.

--- End quote ---

What's your best reason?

jesse james:
Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree: And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place." (Deuteronomy 12:2-3)

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own-- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."
Einstein

Emma:

--- Quote from: jesse james on May 16, 2013, 04:15:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: Emma on May 15, 2013, 08:30:51 PM ---i just have far toomany reasons to belive in something .... believe in god. i can't get mad at anyone because ifeel i know it's myself i am getting amd at and that doesn't make any sense to me. anyway in time you will find out..in you too, jesse. you will and maybe ill be there for you.

--- End quote ---

What's your best reason?

--- End quote ---

I am not sure if I want to get into that discussion at all. I am not going to be here all that much so it doesn't really serve a solid purpose for a good discussion. Besides, I have no intention of convincing you or anyone - not that I feel I'll be able to convince anyone anyway.

Emma:

--- Quote from: jesse james on May 22, 2013, 07:12:18 AM ---Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree: And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place." (Deuteronomy 12:2-3)

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own-- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."
Einstein

--- End quote ---

Regarding Einstein's quote, he never really believed in a personal God; neither did he believe in a God who's vengeful, but that doesn't mean he didn't believe in something far superior and intellectual than us. His thoughts in his later stage of life reveals a lot of it. He thought the Universe was too magnificently and orderly designed to be a fluke or just a plain random act of 'nature'. Scientists have already done all sorts of experiments and yet to come up with any orderly design such as the Universe. Not even the tiniest fraction of it.  We ourselves see that we can't create anything on this planet without thinking about it first. A thought always has to exist before you can manifest anything that of material nature. Simply put, you have never gone or done anything without thinking about it first. So what comes first? You or your thoughts?

Also, the God you are talking about and slamming on, jesse, is the God of religion which is mostly manmade. You would, that is if you are really curious about your own being and wonder about the true nature of your reality, you'd seek it on your own. All the great ones have done it. You are an intelligent being who is not only aware of himself but can also question its own existence.  And you are gifted. So why not seek and see what you can find. Do you want things to be only conceptual or do you want to experience it as well? Do you like the idea of sex? Is it good enough just to know? or do you want to experience it as well? What good is it if it's not experienced as well?

FedFanForever:
I can't believe in a man-made God. However I do believe in the possibility of a super-being that has engineered all this. Not likely, and not particularly relevant. Even is such a being exists, he obviously set something in motion many billions of years ago and intends to just sit back and watch it unfold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version