Author Topic: do you believe in God?  (Read 11039 times)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
Re: do you believe in God?
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 08:02:57 PM »
I liked it how Jesse addresses pawan as pawan 89.  :rofl_2:  it was hilarious!

oh pawan, when are you going to get rid of those two precious numbers of yours? It's soooooooooooo robotic.

Boink boink, I am Pawan 89. What is your name please. Hello, I am Emma 32. Boink.

^^ imagine that.  :rofl_2:

but hunting tops the chart with "Sir". Dear Lord, have we gone all formal then? what's next? Your highness? madam? praise the Lord? lololol.

Kind sir, do I know you? You seem familiar, no?

Oh you guys are such little tease.  :)~
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 08:03:53 PM »
Jesse, jesse, jesse...why don't you tell me more about yourself?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
I liked it how Jesse addresses pawan as pawan 89.  :rofl_2:  it was hilarious!

oh pawan, when are you going to get rid of those two precious numbers of yours? It's soooooooooooo robotic.

Boink boink, I am Pawan 89. What is your name please. Hello, I am Emma 32. Boink.

^^ imagine that.  :rofl_2:

but hunting tops the chart with "Sir". Dear Lord, have we gone all formal then? what's next? Your highness? madam? praise the Lord? lololol.

Kind sir, do I know you? You seem familiar, no?

Oh you guys are such little tease.  :)~

you were born in 1932?  :hysterical:
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2011, 03:13:10 PM »
If I were born in 1932 then I'd be almost 80 years old now. wow - if my mind works the same way when I actually turn 80, I'll be so glad but I am fairly sure I will either die in my 60s or 50s. Or even 40s. I don't think I will die of any diseases but it will be some sort of accident.

Gawd, I'll be dead one day....aww that sucks..

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »
If I were born in 1932 then I'd be almost 80 years old now. wow - if my mind works the same way when I actually turn 80, I'll be so glad but I am fairly sure I will either die in my 60s or 50s. Or even 40s. I don't think I will die of any diseases but it will be some sort of accident.

Oh no it doesn't...you'll be born again  :rofl_2:

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2011, 07:07:51 PM »
you'll be glad if you're mind works the same when you're 80, you'll be senile by then, OK yeah, that makes sense.
You wont die from a disease, someone will beat the crap out of you for being such an irritating little twerp, fortunately for them no jury will convict, it'll be seen as service to the community.
Sorry you've just worked out you're gonna die someday, welcome to the club called humanity, hope you can live up to the expectations.

I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2011, 07:29:13 PM »
you'll be glad if you're mind works the same when you're 80, you'll be senile by then, OK yeah, that makes sense.
You wont die from a disease, someone will beat the crap out of you for being such an irritating little twerp, fortunately for them no jury will convict, it'll be seen as service to the community.
Sorry you've just worked out you're gonna die someday, welcome to the club called humanity, hope you can live up to the expectations.

Jesse, Emma is a nice girl. She's been around here for a long time now and we know her well enough. She just speaks her mind. I think this forum is open to people with diverse views. She doesn't get offensive anyway  :dunno:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2011, 07:57:46 PM »

Oh no, I don't want to come back. I am sure I have redeemed myself. I've been very careful this time.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2011, 08:11:17 PM »

Jesse, Emma is a nice girl. She's been around here for a long time now and we know her well enough. She just speaks her mind. I think this forum is open to people with diverse views. She doesn't get offensive anyway  :dunno:

eh, like I care what he says. He's just mad at me and it has nothing to do with what I said about death. 

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2011, 08:21:14 PM »
Jesse Woodson James (September 5, 1847 April 3, 1882) was an American outlaw, gang leader, bank robber, train robber, and murderer from the state of Missouri and the most famous member of the James-Younger Gang. He also faked his own death and was known as J.M James.
---------------------------------------------------

falcon, what are the chances of Jesse coming back to life again? after all, what he says now is quite consistent with what he did in the past, no?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2011, 08:23:21 PM »
Oh and here's a picture of our Jesse James. I think he's alright.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 08:44:05 PM »
There may be a god but no one knows if he'll just torment us to eternity or make it a nice stay.  :dunno:
Whatever the case, we'll be just one of billions who lived a life.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2011, 03:03:11 AM »
how does it matter if someone believes or not in God?

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2011, 06:08:41 AM »
can you imagine an eternity of anything, nice or not -you'd have to worship god don't forget, he created us for that purpose.
By wanting a deity you are in fact wanting to be a slave. God inhabits our thoughts, can punish us for them and if he is merciful then he effectively forgives us for bad things in our nature, and it's a nature he created.
there's a point mad by Christopher Hitchens and it's that 'we are created sick and then commanded to cure ourselves'
that relates to Christianity-but the idea is that god made us what we are, but then wants us to change to be something else that accords with his will.

There may be a god but no one knows if he'll just torment us to eternity or make it a nice stay.  :dunno:

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2011, 06:11:54 AM »
ok, sorry Emma i have overstepped the mark

Oh no, I don't want to come back. I am sure I have redeemed myself. I've been very careful this time.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2011, 06:15:33 AM »
of course it matters, societies that do chop the end of their children's dicks, prevent women from driving or voting, blow up buildings, torture people to protect their immortal soul, tell them being homosexual is a thought crime, need i go on?

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2011, 06:33:58 AM »
Here's my story sad but true, i'm bad, through and through
Jessie James symphony-Jessie James Bolero

Jesse, jesse, jesse...why don't you tell me more about yourself?

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2011, 08:53:39 AM »
I think people tend to believe in God if they've been brought up in it by their parents or they need it for comfort. There is no objective reason to believe in it.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2011, 12:28:06 PM »

Do you really think God torment us? A higher power? A higher intelligence we will probably never be able to fathom with our very limited knowledge? If anything, we torment ourselves. We are given choices to be good or to be bad. What we choose in the end is what going to shape our life. You can't be bitter about it. You made the choice in the first place. Granted, a lot of things are our completely out of our control but at least we are aware of it. So when we make choices, we make decisions, we need to keep those things mind. I believe that's the challenge in life or else why we were given such a life where we are fully aware of our own existence? Even in life, our very own man made life, we make rules. We punish those who break those rules. We reward those who obey them. Where did this sense come from? Who or what guided us to that direction? Now maybe we are slightly smarter but that's not the history of the mankind. We were naked and powerless without any guidance. Did we make up religion then in order to have a more organized life? If so, where did that knowledge come from? It never even existed in the first place.  Clearly we needed religion back then but why? Why couldn't we just live on our own? Why did we have to rely on something else...something even to date we are not sure exists at all.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »

Of course it matters. In fact it matter the most. You are going to shape your life based on what you believe after all.