Author Topic: do you believe in God?  (Read 11940 times)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
Re: do you believe in God?
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »
A lot of gibberish once again. Congratulations. You have conveniently dodged my question as to whether you yourself believe in God or not. Because if you do, then your arguments will probably hold some water; but if you donít, then everything you've said so far goes out the window right away. In fact, if you don't believe in God then the whole argument is moot - because both God and religion will then stand as something manmade. And if it is indeed manmade then it goes back to my original point: religion or God is not the root of all evil but we are - since the idea of God/Religion - doesnít even exist. We made it up. The evil is within us. Thanks for proving my point after a few pages of meaningless discussion.

Chris, donít say now that you believe in God to justify your position. You are now arguing for the sake of the argument, you complete doofus. Otherwise I am fine.  :)~

Itís hilarious though that you want to hold God and religion responsible for many things knowing fully well that you donít even believe in it. You are so pathetic, you human beings, that you needed God, your imaginary friend, so that you can conveniently put all the blame of your own wrongdoings, your lackings, your twisted desires and what not, on to him when you see fit, like now, so that you can be on that high horse of yours and relax thinking you did good and no one noticed it. 

:rofl_2:

You are beyond help, my friends.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:38:51 AM by Emma »
You are everything I am not.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2011, 01:29:30 PM »
No I am not denying poverty nor extortion because its not specific to one country, it happens all over the world. And well if you think there is no revolt on any side in India, sorry to burst your bubble but we have something going on everytime. Naxalism is a huge problem in India and is only rising because of the inconsistencies in society...and no religion does not play a role there. I think I know more about my country than you do?

Poverty rate and the poor quality of living on western societies is tiny in comparison to India for example. Now, the exploitation that the western world and their corporations perpetrate all over third world countries is perhaps the biggest cause for this reality. I have mentioned the term elites many times, and is not only in relation to religious establishment but also a small fraction of powerful people who control capital and influence governments all around the world. The IMF for example use a white flag of "good will" while it rapes the country it's supposes to be helping by fraudulent loans, contracts, assassinations and political extortions.

So, you would be asking; "then where religion plays it's part in this mess?"  Read JJ direct quotation of Marx and the role of religion among the exploited. The established Hinduism in India channels the cry for justice and equality among the poor majority that it's being exploited into a mythical realm; a realm the calms the soul into acceptance of their reality which in term benefits the very elites who continue to exploits them.

This is just an example for a particular country and it's people; Religion is the tool to facilitate the statues quo. If you take a look at the materialistic societies in the west; then the media and entertainment takes that role very well; especially in the US. People are being brainwash since they are born into a comsuption driven life, they become cattle for the system that oppress them without realization. Do I blame religion for all the ills in this world? of course not, but to deny religion influence in the enslavement of people's mind and potential for grow is to try to cover the heavens with one hand.

I personally think that inequalities in societies exist in general and has little to do with religion. Infact what you say is all going over my head!

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »
If God is so kind and merciful why has he allowed murder & genocide to occur since humans began? :Confused:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2011, 02:27:40 PM »
 And I donít blame you, falcon. Any idiot would know that religion alone canít be blamed fro everything thatís going on around the world. But more importantly, thereís good and bad in everything and religion is not above it. Some people will take advantage and will use it as a tool to get what they want. Others will make a good use of it. At the end of the day, good citizens will remain good. I know I am a good person - so whether I follow Islam or I follow nothing - will not change the fact that I am a good person. I am prone to accept only the goods and discard the bad. I can differentiate the two. Thatís who I am. So you can basically feed me a lot of bad stuff but whether I will be influenced by it or not is totally and entirely up to me. You were given this tool to separate the good from the bad. Notice how children look up to you the minute they do something bad/naughty etc. Where did this sense come from? But even more so, you know you have it in you.

I saw a movie called The Kite Runner not so long ago and itís a perfectly good example of a couple of kids growing up together in the midst of chaos and how they turned out in the end. Itís a movie I recommend quite highly.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »
Emma, who is this post directed at?

A lot of gibberish once again. Congratulations. You have conveniently dodged my question as to whether you yourself believe in God or not. Because if you do, then your arguments will probably hold some water; but if you donít, then everything you've said so far goes out the window right away. In fact, if you don't believe in God then the whole argument is moot - because both God and religion will then stand as something manmade. And if it is indeed manmade then it goes back to my original point: religion or God is not the root of all evil but we are - since the idea of God/Religion - doesnít even exist. We made it up. The evil is within us. Thanks for proving my point after a few pages of meaningless discussion.

Chris, donít say now that you believe in God to justify your position. You are now arguing for the sake of the argument, you complete doofus. Otherwise I am fine.  :)~

Itís hilarious though that you want to hold God and religion responsible for many things knowing fully well that you donít even believe in it. You are so pathetic, you human beings, that you needed God, your imaginary friend, so that you can conveniently put all the blame of your own wrongdoings, your lackings, your twisted desires and what not, on to him when you see fit, like now, so that you can be on that high horse of yours and relax thinking you did good and no one noticed it. 

I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2011, 04:30:01 PM »

you are misrepresenting what JJ and I are saying in regards to the role of religion. So, there is nothing else I can say in this discussion if you are going to keep ignoring the millions of times we both have say religion is not the precursor or initial  cause for all calamities in this world, that religion as an institution of man can be as corrupt as any institution; especially those that guards the interests of the elites; but religion in particular HOLDS a special place in the pantheon of machinations of oppression and enslavement.....the facts are indisputable.  . The one arguing for the sake of arguing is you, you haven't refuted of presented anything other than the straw men strategy.

The question if I believe or not in god is mute; I certainly don't believe in the jealous, egomaniac, hypocrite and attention deficit disorder man-made god of the monotheistic religions...the one that the fanatical ignorant men kill and oppress for the last 3 thousand years. Now, Divinity? Creator? hmm.....I believe man is more than flesh, call it spirituality or collective consciousnesses. I can't refute the countless of anecdotes and personal accounts through out history that deals directly with that which is outside of our material realm. The edification of the spirit or character through virtue can be accomplish outside the shackles of organized religions; the last primitive institution that calms the ignorant and weak from facing their own mortality.     

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »
No I am not denying poverty nor extortion because its not specific to one country, it happens all over the world. And well if you think there is no revolt on any side in India, sorry to burst your bubble but we have something going on everytime. Naxalism is a huge problem in India and is only rising because of the inconsistencies in society...and no religion does not play a role there. I think I know more about my country than you do?

Poverty rate and the poor quality of living on western societies is tiny in comparison to India for example. Now, the exploitation that the western world and their corporations perpetrate all over third world countries is perhaps the biggest cause for this reality. I have mentioned the term elites many times, and is not only in relation to religious establishment but also a small fraction of powerful people who control capital and influence governments all around the world. The IMF for example use a white flag of "good will" while it rapes the country it's supposes to be helping by fraudulent loans, contracts, assassinations and political extortions.

So, you would be asking; "then where religion plays it's part in this mess?"  Read JJ direct quotation of Marx and the role of religion among the exploited. The established Hinduism in India channels the cry for justice and equality among the poor majority that it's being exploited into a mythical realm; a realm the calms the soul into acceptance of their reality which in term benefits the very elites who continue to exploits them.

This is just an example for a particular country and it's people; Religion is the tool to facilitate the statues quo. If you take a look at the materialistic societies in the west; then the media and entertainment takes that role very well; especially in the US. People are being brainwash since they are born into a comsuption driven life, they become cattle for the system that oppress them without realization. Do I blame religion for all the ills in this world? of course not, but to deny religion influence in the enslavement of people's mind and potential for grow is to try to cover the heavens with one hand.

I personally think that inequalities in societies exist in general and has little to do with religion. Infact what you say is all going over my head!

Is going over your head because most people just don't realize or don't want to see beyond the blinders. This is not directed at you specifically but the majority of people who go on with their lives ignoring that there is a cabal today, and not just today but yesterday. The struggle in humanity has always been between the collective masses and very small group of people; it's been a toggle war of ideas and institutions; sadly a war that they are becoming more proficient at as we speak. Divide and conquer, entertain their minds with myths or materialism....it makes no difference. "The end justify the means"

who benefits today from war, poverty and inequality?  Try to answer that question, it will take to interesting places!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »
who benefits today from war, poverty and inequality?  Try to answer that question, it will take to interesting places!

The 1% do. They pit the 99% against each other while laughing maniacally the whole time.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2011, 05:40:26 PM »

Is going over your head because most people just don't realize or don't want to see beyond the blinders. This is not directed at you specifically but the majority of people who go on with their lives ignoring that there is a cabal today, and not just today but yesterday. The struggle in humanity has always been between the collective masses and very small group of people; it's been a toggle war of ideas and institutions; sadly a war that they are becoming more proficient at as we speak. Divide and conquer, entertain their minds with myths or materialism....it makes no difference. "The end justify the means"

Bureaucrats and the rich who may or may not be religious.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2011, 06:27:26 PM »

Why, you wanna kill me?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2011, 06:57:02 PM »
Chris, whether you believe in God or not is the very essence of this discussion. In fact, it is the name of the thread. And by your own admission and that of Jesse's, God and religion go hand in hand.

See, below is my very first post on this thread. I am never interested in religion but I am very interested in God or the creator or whatever you call it. Religion doesn't interest me. I thought JJ had the right intention at first judging by his first question ,but then he quickly tunred it around and made it all about religion. And I am not even half serious. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

If so, why? what's the best reason you have.

How about those who don't believe in God? What would be their best reason? That should be discussed as well. If we believe in God and if we have to justify our reasons for it then they should be able to do the same. And it can't be reasons like, oh,  I don't believe in God because I can't see it. There are a lot of things we can't see yet they exist.

More importantly, where do you stand in all this? Do you believe in God?

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2011, 05:47:18 AM »
Of course i don't, you're already dead intellectually, i want to know if it's directed at me to know whether i need to respond or not. 

Why, you wanna kill me?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »
Jesse James is a dead man. Dead. Man.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2011, 08:01:27 AM »
Bet itís not the first time youíve been f**ked off by a corpse, hey Emma?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »
Bet itís not the first time youíve been f**ked off by a corpse, hey Emma?

Quite morbid, kind sir. Is it the caffeine intake or the wrong side of the bed?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2011, 09:33:18 AM »
Jesse! Jesse! Jesse! I forgot that you are a Brit.

Here's a link for you.  :)~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_James_is_a_Dead_Man

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »
Yep, from Yorkshire

Jesse! Jesse! Jesse! I forgot that you are a Brit.

Here's a link for you.  :)~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_James_is_a_Dead_Man

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2011, 09:05:31 PM »
I do believe in God, Jesse. I believe Space itself is God.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2011, 02:34:31 PM »
To define god in your own terms is idolatry, i mean it sounds like a meaningless tautology anyway GOD=SPACE SPACE=GOD.
I think one of the things that religion's have been good at is to require the adherents to gimps the sacred in others, to transcend the self.
The idea that god is space doesn't take us anywhere, it doesn't allow for transcendence.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2011, 02:38:57 PM »
To define god in your own terms is idolatry, i mean it sounds like a meaningless tautology anyway GOD=SPACE SPACE=GOD.
I think one of the things that religion's have been good at is to require the adherents to glimpse the sacred in others, to transcend the self.
The idea that god is space doesn't take us anywhere, it doesn't allow for transcendence.