Author Topic: Enter the Clay Warrior King : Domination Redefined / 7 RG Titles and Counting  (Read 27083 times)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: Your Expectations For the Clay Warrior in 2012
« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2012, 12:59:11 AM »
Nadal's forehand alone is literally keeping him in the game.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Your Expectations For the Clay Warrior in 2012
« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2012, 09:41:21 AM »
Wow, you guys are hard. I don't think anything is wrong with his forehand or backhand! I mean - the guy is still #2 in the rankings. If i did not know anything about him, I would think you guys are describing an amateur instead of the #2 ranked player! Lol

Come clay season, I'm sure all of his "short comings", as you are describing, will be completely forgotten! Winning does that for players! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:43:03 AM by Dallas »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2012, 11:16:53 AM »
I watched some more highlights of Nadal v. Fed at IW last night.
There were many times he looked completely lost on the court.
No strategy.
No movement.
No technique.

Yeah, he's still #2 and a heckuva playa, but it seems he's a shadow of his former self.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »
I watched some more highlights of Nadal v. Fed at IW last night.
There were many times he looked completely lost on the court.
No strategy.
No movement.
No technique.

Yeah, he's still #2 and a heckuva playa, but it seems he's a shadow of his former self.

But is that something specific to that match vs. Fed or his whole season? He was doing quite well / the usual against Federer in the AO, in fact even switched it up a bit and changed tactics. He was definitely doing well at the AO where he was up a break and 2 games from winning the title in the fifth set. He's played some tough matches and gotten through against players like Nalbandian and Berdych. Is he a shadow of his former self this whole season?

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2012, 11:48:21 AM »
Frankly Professor, I can't stand watching his matches what with the stalling and all.  Highlight reels are about all I can take.  He just doesn't look as 'fierce' on court to me.  There's something amiss and I can't put my finger on it.

Yeah, he's still playing some decent tennis.
Even as a shadow. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2012, 12:50:06 PM »
I think it's clear that Nadal only gets up for slams and clay events now.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
fff is right with rafa's backhand.......it has become a crap shot with zero life.......he is failing like a clown to drive the ball off the backhand and is not committing to the drive unless he is forced to make a pass.......it reflects hesitation and fear of making an error.......i first noticed that in the last year's clay season and he never really got his backhand back since.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »
fff is right with rafa's backhand.......it has become a crap shot with zero life.......he is failing like a clown to drive the ball off the backhand and is not committing to the drive unless he is forced to make a pass.......it reflects hesitation and fear of making an error.......i first noticed that in the last year's clay season and he never really got his backhand back since.......

Its something I've been saying all this while too. His backhand just isn't there and now he's not moving that great too. Add to that a lacklustre presence on the court and you have a Rafa who is just not Rafa.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2012, 03:28:28 PM »
here we go again... his BH is fine against anyone not called Djokovic. Novak improved his game and his stamina, Nadal is simply not moving forward playing the same way he's been playing last couple of years.

It's funny how Nadal has been exploiting Rog's BH for years and now Djokovic is doing the same thing to him.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2012, 04:19:17 PM »
Whatever's wrong he better get working and forget about the pleasures in life, he'll have plenty of time for all of that later.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #310 on: March 23, 2012, 04:20:55 PM »
here we go again... his BH is fine against anyone not called Djokovic. Novak improved his game and his stamina, Nadal is simply not moving forward playing the same way he's been playing last couple of years.

It's funny how Nadal has been exploiting Rog's BH for years and now Djokovic is doing the same thing to him.

Wrong, Roger exploited that Rafa BH in Indian Wells like crazy. Alex - sometimes I have to wonder if you're just totally blind.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #311 on: March 23, 2012, 04:26:16 PM »

Wrong, Roger exploited that Rafa BH in Indian Wells like crazy. Alex - sometimes I have to wonder if you're just totally blind.

He did and the announcers were talking about that wing of Nadal.

Others may jump on the band wagon.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #312 on: March 23, 2012, 04:28:03 PM »
Its nice to see that others are seeing this too, not just Rafans.

@ Alex, Nole exploited it for sure. Why then was Roger, Nalby etc attacking that wing of Rafa's? Sure Rafa's BH is no where close to his FH but it was never this bad.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #313 on: March 23, 2012, 04:31:02 PM »
Alex - you strike as a blind worshiper of Nole who doesn't understand anything about tennis.  :mad1:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #314 on: March 23, 2012, 04:33:15 PM »

I was talking about their past matches. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see their match in IW. I guess Fed has learned something from Djokovic  :)) :innocent: :zipped:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #315 on: March 23, 2012, 05:08:24 PM »
I was talking about their past matches. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see their match in IW. I guess Fed has learned something from Djokovic  :)) :innocent: :zipped:

Alex - the highlights are on Youtube. No excuses.  :)>>>>

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #316 on: March 23, 2012, 05:22:42 PM »

OK bud, I'm going to watch it right now, happy  :))? maybe not, I watch Djokovic only... I'm not sure about who other players are  :rofl_2:

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #317 on: March 23, 2012, 05:35:07 PM »

OK bud, I'm going to watch it right now, happy  :))? maybe not, I watch Djokovic only... I'm not sure about who other players are  :rofl_2:

Are you Nole No 1?  :innocent:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #318 on: March 23, 2012, 05:42:06 PM »

Ah, so you admit you're not a real tennis fan.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #319 on: March 23, 2012, 06:40:17 PM »

Ah, so you admit you're not a real tennis fan.
yeah you stupid  :rofl_2: