Author Topic: Enter the Clay Warrior King : Domination Redefined / 7 RG Titles and Counting  (Read 22713 times)

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
Re: Your Expectations For the Clay Warrior in 2012
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2011, 01:14:51 PM »
alex i am liking this poster`s (fan) passion.

well done.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2011, 01:19:51 PM »
fan is a good poster, hercules.......what's up?
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »
vamos general shankar. just chillin at the moment.

waiting to see how shanghai will unfold. the blundering buffoon is playing doubles again with that clown ranked outside the top 700. whatever the bloody hell for.

why the hell doesnt he spend the extra time on the court working out his backhand , his return of serve, and his serve.

i would think after having been killed 7 times in finals now should have taught him a few things.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2011, 04:20:45 PM »
It has been alluded to quite often on this forum. Are you blind?

And if someone is surprised how the hell could Nadal snatch two HC Slams, I understand it as an implication he doesn't consider Nadal a top HC player.
I'm blind sometimes  :)~. OK, I got it.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2011, 04:23:34 PM »
alex i am liking this poster`s (fan) passion.

well done.
He is cool. I don't have any problem with him. I misunderstood few things he was saying  :king:.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2011, 04:20:00 AM »
Clay,i think Nadal should win as usual,be a shock if he did not.Other Slams Nadal will be their abouts & has a good chance as anyone.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2011, 09:05:55 AM »
i hear ya sid. i think he will put in the required work after davis cup in december and get reay for 2012.

there is no doubt in my mind that he will do all he can to hold on to his turf in 2012.

he will try to take monte carlo, rome, and barcelona which will get him ready for RG.

rest is just bonus after that as far as i am concerned. the most important thing for him is to hold on to his turf in 2012.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2011, 02:48:15 AM »
Some issues

1. About the serve
After watching Tokyo final and realise that he only won 35% of his first serve. I believe Nadal is really thinking about his serve. His serve maybe good enough to win most players, but not for players who really good in return game this year.

Us open 2011 Final
1st set  40% winning of first serve 35% winning of second serve
2nd set 54% winning of first serve 29% winning of second serve
3rd set  61% winning of first serve 53% winning of second serve (it is higher than Djokovic and Nadal eventually won this set)
4th set  44% winning of first serve 40% winning of second serve (Djokovic with 71% and 75%)

Wimbledon open 2011 final
1st set  77% winning of first serve 20% winning of second serve (But Djokovic got higher, 82% and 67%)
2nd set 46% winning of first serve 33% winning of second serve (Djokovic maintain at 88% and 50%)
3rd set  93% winning of first serve 75% winning of second serve (Djokovic dropped to 55% and 38%)
4th set  47% winning of first serve 50% winning of second serve  (Djokovic improved to 64% and 60%)

Montreal 2011 Round 2
1st set I remember Nadal won 80-90% on his 1st serve aginst Dodig.
2nd set 82% winning of first serve 55% winning of second serve, but only had 44% 1st serve in. (Dodig 71% and 67% and 62% first serve in )
No statistic for 3nd set, but whole match he played better than Dodid in term of statistic except Dodig had 19 aces.

Cincinnatic 2011 QF
Nadal serve double faults under break point.

2010 US open, Nadal served pretty well, one of best performances of his serve.

2. DND tactic (Copyright by Davydenko, Nalbandian and Djokovic).
I still believe Nadal needs to change his game as many other people already said. His movement already slow down. Try flat out the ball and give more deep slice to win more time to recover. His groundstroke needs to be always deep.  More people will use same or similar tactic when they against Nadal, keeping Nadal cover a lot of ground. 

3. Youngsters in 2012
As some talented youngsters start to show off, everybody will face challenges from new generation.

If Nadal can cover first two issues, I expect he will French Open and Wimbledon.
If he can't, I expect he win French Open only.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:12:49 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2011, 09:09:59 AM »
great post williamchung.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2011, 08:51:44 AM »
this blundering buffoon better go find a clay court to practice on if he knows what is good for him. excessive infatuation with hard courts has ruined his game.

also he should have never bothered to show up in tokyo. added practice on clay would have done him far more good.

finally i know he is brain dead but is his team braind dead also? why dont they see that he cant return serve to save his life.

go figure out your strokes on clay you moron and the rest of your game will follow.

now i am really pissed. you have the blind leading the blind in his camp.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2011, 09:04:11 AM »
this blundering buffoon better go find a clay court to practice on if he knows what is good for him. excessive infatuation with hard courts has ruined his game.

also he should have never bothered to show up in tokyo. added practice on clay would have done him far more good.

finally i know he is brain dead but is his team braind dead also? why dont they see that he cant return serve to save his life.

go figure out your strokes on clay you moron and the rest of your game will follow.

now i am really pissed. you have the blind leading the blind in his camp.

totally true......i was actually supporting mayer in this match.......rafa played like an utter clown yesterday but the opponent was lopez, today he played even worse and against a better opponent.......

i am equally disgusted.......why doesn't he correct his backhand? gosh he is just pushing and rolling those backhands in which have "hit me hard" written all over them.......his return of serve has become just as dreadful as his backhand........

you are right.......he has to get off these tournaments and fix his strokes on clay.......his game is falling off.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2011, 09:09:35 AM »
I'm pissed at him too. Because today's performance was just poor. And by poor I mean terrible.

He cannot return AT ALL. It is either very short, hardly over the net, or a very high ball that is easily put away even with a bad volley.

The 1st serve on a brek point in second set had to be like 175km/h? You just can't play like that. Unforced errors were flying today. Forehand worked here and there but even when he attacks his ball has no pace. Poor performance it was and he was outplayed.

Mayer deserved the win. He didn't pull back in the 2nd like so many would. He went for it and it paid off.

We stuck with Rafa through worse and I for one always will. But it saddens me he reached 10 finals, basically anything he entered, and then brought his worse performance in a tournament with an empty field.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2011, 09:18:23 AM »
I'm pissed at him too. Because today's performance was just poor. And by poor I mean terrible.

He cannot return AT ALL. It is either very short, hardly over the net, or a very high ball that is easily put away even with a bad volley.

The 1st serve on a brek point in second set had to be like 175km/h? You just can't play like that. Unforced errors were flying today. Forehand worked here and there but even when he attacks his ball has no pace. Poor performance it was and he was outplayed.

Mayer deserved the win. He didn't pull back in the 2nd like so many would. He went for it and it paid off.

We stuck with Rafa through worse and I for one always will. But it saddens me he reached 10 finals, basically anything he entered, and then brought his worse performance in a tournament with an empty field.

he has a tough little phase of a little over two months to go through now until january.......if i was him i would gladly skip paris and play world tour finals just for the heck of playing.......

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2011, 09:24:13 AM »
Perhaps that would the best idea. Because with today's level he won't reach QF in Paris, let alone win anything in WTF.

I have no doubt though that Rafa can rise like Phoenix in one of the next tournaments.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2011, 09:44:53 AM »
clay is the wellspring from which he flows.

it all has to start for him on clay first. that is how it works for him and that is how it has worked for him for 7 years now.

hard courts are destroying his ground game. he cant return on quick hard courts so he has little or no chance to get some meaningful rallies going so he can construct points.

he is like a rat on a bloody string with such a weak ground game.

go find clay you blundering moron and find your ground game. i would think that $30 million a year is more than enough to live on.

so why this greed of appearance money and all the exos on hard courts.

i guess he will finally learn when the hard courts have totally destoyed both his knees and all of his ground game. and how the bloody hell can anyone have any confidence at this current rate?

damn i am pissed.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:52:50 AM by Clay Death »
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2011, 11:17:42 AM »
Herc, you made me laugh. OK, he lost to Mayer today, but I don't see it as a big deal. Will Mayer ever def. Rafa in a GS. I don't think so. It's the end of the season and all top guys are tired or "injured". I think they just want to rest and get ready for WTF and AO. Everything else is pretty meaningless.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2011, 11:31:17 AM »
Herc, you made me laugh. OK, he lost to Mayer today, but I don't see it as a big deal. Will Mayer ever def. Rafa in a GS. I don't think so. It's the end of the season and all top guys are tired or "injured". I think they just want to rest and get ready for WTF and AO. Everything else is pretty meaningless.

He should have done just that instead of playing in tiny tournaments.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2011, 11:50:36 AM »

Rafa's scheduling has always been horrible. I still think he should get rid of his uncle (I mean as a trainer). I can not believe that he hasn't learned his lesson. I just don't get it. It's not like he needs more money. He had nothing to gain in Shanghai. Oh, well.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »

Rafa's scheduling has always been horrible. I still think he should get rid of his uncle (I mean as a trainer). I can not believe that he hasn't learned his lesson. I just don't get it. It's not like he needs more money. He had nothing to gain in Shanghai. Oh, well.

i only support fighters, champions, clever strategists and above all humble greats.......not outright stubborn idiots who just love destructing themselves over and over.......it's getting tough for me to continue supporting a stubborn clown like nadal.......look at his clothes, look at his tennis and look at his attitude today.......

he never argued a hawkeye call once in his entire career and it happened today against a 28 year old outside the top 30 german in a masters 3rd round.......he is an idiot who lost 3 to 4 slams purely for not scheduling things properly........and now he is starting to get desperate for really his own faults.......

if he does not change his approach to the game, i will stop supporting him.......i never cared for his results, i always liked him for his big attitude and willingness to adapt.......all that is starting to fade and he's starting to think he's bigger than the other players.......going like that at the chair and making stupid comments about murray and djokovic in the presser is just not the old nadal........
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:13:53 PM by Start da Game »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »

i only support fighters, champions, clever strategists and above all humble greats.......not outright stubborn idiots who just love destructing themselves over and over.......it's getting tough for me to continue supporting a stubborn clown like nadal.......look at his clothes, look at his tennis and look at his attitude today.......

he never argued a hawkeye call once in his entire career and it happened today against a 28 year old outside the top 30 german in a masters 3rd round.......he is an idiot who lost 3 to 4 slams purely for not scheduling things properly........and now he is starting to get desperate for really his own faults.......

if he does not change his approach to the game, i will stop supporting him.......i never cared for his results, i always liked him for his big attitude and willingness to adapt.......all that is starting to fade and he's starting to think he's bigger than the other players.......going like that at the chair and making stupid comments about murray and djokovic in the presser is just not the old nadal........

He'll be OK SDG, just give him some time to sort it all out, it's been a rough year in some ways.

He'll finish up the year and then retool for next year.