Author Topic: Enter the Clay Warrior King : Domination Redefined / 7 RG Titles and Counting  (Read 23941 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Your Expectations For the Clay Warrior in 2012
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2011, 02:51:38 PM »
affirmative. no arguments here.

i think some of that madness is drive by greed.
And I just found out that all three top fools (Novak, Rafa and Fed) are playing a stupid exho in Abu Dhabi.  As if they don't have enough money  :cursing:.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
that is just madness alex.

they have all the money in the world now.

clay warrior and fed are playing some exos in december also. total madness.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2011, 01:44:38 PM »
that is just madness alex.

they have all the money in the world now.

clay warrior and fed are playing some exos in december also. total madness.

But playing exos are not like playing a tournament.  They don't have the same 'mental' readiness for exos that exhaust them in regular tournaments.  Most of the time they don't even go all out in exos, arrive on their private jets, play the one game, make money, then move on.  And don't forget - most of the money they make in exos goes to their charities.  So I have no problem with any of them doing this in December.  Heck, it's practically the ONLY month they can do it since tennis is going on the rest of the year!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2011, 04:59:34 PM »
Great time to relax and hit with fellow pros.
Perhaps try out some new tactics or shots.

Personally, I'd take the time off and go fishing. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2011, 08:52:55 AM »
well its not working out for him. he has lost some of his fitness and he has quite obviously failed to improve.

so i would just concentrate on improving the game and the fitness.

his career is over in 3-4 years so he can play that bloody golf and the exos for the rest of his life or for the next 60 years.

i would make the most of my tennis opportunities for the next 3-4 years.

i would also think that getting slapped around in one final after another time and again would be getting mighty tiresome by now.

here is a guy that used to win almost all of his finals. now he gets laughed off the court in finals.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »
Definitely hasn't worked for him.
Never hurts to improve fitness.
I most of the improvements in his game should be tactical/strategic, though his overall service has been a liability this past year.
His getting slapped around in finals by Nole must be wearing on him mentally because it's reminiscient of how he treats Fed.

I'm surprised at the lack of focus on his part as I perceive him as The Great White of Tennis.  Relentless, insatiable and at the top of the food chain.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2011, 08:32:22 AM »
murray destroyed him completely in the last final clay warrior played in.

and that is after murray spotted him a set.

all this really should be making him mad as hell. i just dont get it monster man.

he should be really driven to improve now. to hell with golf, vacationing, and the exos. he has 60 years to enjoy all that.

he has to know that it will be pretty damn hard to win slams after 29.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »
Sometimes backing off and saying "to hell with it, I'm taking a break!" is the only way to salvation.
There's no relaxing with day-in day-out work.

If Nadal is to challenge Djokovic and others he will need to have his motivation and other co-factors all lined up.

Once he does he'll be a force to reckon with but before that he needs to do what he's doing, recharging his batteries.

I have a feeling next year may be a great one, with Djokovic at his level, Murray has had enough of being the doormat, DelPo can regain some form and a few young guns can still disrupt the most carefully laid plans of the top players.

This is what inside tennis lovers know that the ordinary fans overlook, the balance of power and what players do to get an advantage.  :king:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2011, 07:35:20 PM »
murray destroyed him completely in the last final clay warrior played in.

and that is after murray spotted him a set.

all this really should be making him mad as hell. i just dont get it monster man.

he should be really driven to improve now. to hell with golf, vacationing, and the exos. he has 60 years to enjoy all that.

he has to know that it will be pretty damn hard to win slams after 29.
It is perplexing.
After the first loss to Nole I figured Nadal would come roaring back.
I thought the same thing after each loss-  next time Raf is going to be sooo pissed he'll crush.  It has yet to happen.
I still think it will happen and I'm not a Nadal fan.  It just seems so out of character for him. :Confused:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2011, 07:37:33 PM »
Perhaps I missed it, anyone here read his bio?
I read a lengthy review which was interesting.
It touched upon the complex relationships Raf has with his family/team and why he plays tennis.  There's alot going on there behind the scenes.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2011, 08:52:41 AM »
he used to be pretty damn good at extracting revenge. he used to come roaring back.

now he seems to have lost some of that famous fight.

still i am optimistic about his chances in 2012. you dont win 10 majors by 24 on all surfaces---with a limited game-- without the heart of the tiger.

he has to fight back in 2012.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:10:49 AM by Clay Death »
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2011, 07:53:23 PM »
he uised to be pretty damn good at extracting revenge. he used to come roaring back.

now he seems to have lost some of that famous fight.

still i am optimistic about his chances in 2012. you dont win 10 majors by 24 on all surfaces---with a limited game-- without the heart of the tiger.

he has to fight back in 2012.
So what's going on?
Is it strategic, technical, or more personal than that?
I've never cared for his style but have always admired many of his fierce competitive style and many o fhis personal traits.
Has anyone read the book and could perhaps offer some additional insight?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2011, 07:27:29 PM »
we may be seeing a few small signs of intelligence from the clay warrior.

its about bloody time. looks like he is going to plan a little better going better.

dropping out of the hunt for paris masters is a first such sign.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2011, 09:19:42 PM »
reports out of mallorca suggest that the clay warrior is suffering from a sore shoulder. this is what forced him to skip paris masters.

this is not good. he needs to lose all his matches in london so he can get ready for davis cup.

it will be a very big mistake if he gets caught up in trying to win the meaningless WTF.

it will cost him and spain the davis cup.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2011, 11:26:32 PM »
I expect Nadal to stay pretty much where he is currently at number 2 or 3 in the world.  Djokovic now has the strategy to beat Nadal with no or little effort!  Now, if others copy Djokovic methods; Nadal could drop out of top 5!  Things do not look good for Nadal.  Rafa needs new weapons - faster serve, quicker points and better strategy in dealing with Djokovic.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2011, 11:46:08 PM »
Costa concerned about Nadal, Ferrer for Cup final[/t][/t]
Ticker - Saturday, November 12, 2011
[/t]

[/t][/t][/r][/t]     In an interview with El Mundo Deportivo, Spanish Davis Cup captain Albert Costa says he isn't worried about Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer having to make the quick turnaround from indoor hard courts to clay for the Davis Cup final (December 2-4, in Seville), but he is concerned that they might get hurt during the upcoming ATP World Tour Finals.
"What worries me is that they might not be well physically, not the adaptation [to surface]," Costa said.

Costa also expressed confidence in his doubles team of Feliciano Lopez and Fernando Verdasco, but is unclear on which duo the Argentines will use. Juan Martin del Potro and David Nalbandian are expected to play singles for Argentina.

"They will come with five players," Costa said. "Del Potro and Nalbandian are the strong base, but do not rule out that Nalbandian may not play the first day [in singles]. And the doubles may be [Juan] Monaco, [Juan Ignacio] Chela, or [Eduardo] Schwank."

Costa also cautioned that while neither Nadal nor Ferrer has ever lost a singles match at home (Nadal is 18-1 in Davis Cup singles overall, and hasnít lost a singles match since his first one in 2004) that Argentina could present a huge challenge

"Del Potro is getting his level back before his wrist injury, and next year will be back on top," Costa said. "And Nalbandian has been injured, but we know that heíll be ready for Seville. Heís a super talent who has not won a regular basis because of physical problems. But in a particular week he can play great. They are very dangerous, balanced and tough." 
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2011, 11:48:21 PM »
I expect Nadal to stay pretty much where he is currently at number 2 or 3 in the world.  Djokovic now has the strategy to beat Nadal with no or little effort!  Now, if others copy Djokovic methods; Nadal could drop out of top 5!  Things do not look good for Nadal.  Rafa needs new weapons - faster serve, quicker points and better strategy in dealing with Djokovic.

he will be fine. he just needs to get his fitness back and his hunger back. rest will take care of itself.

its the drop in fitness that has affected him the most. he has lost his once ultra supreme fitness.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2011, 06:04:43 AM »
reports out of mallorca suggest that the clay warrior is suffering from a sore shoulder. this is what forced him to skip paris masters.

this is not good. he needs to lose all his matches in london so he can get ready for davis cup.

it will be a very big mistake if he gets caught up in trying to win the meaningless WTF.

it will cost him and spain the davis cup.

Excuse me but exactly what makes the WTF meaningless?
The world awaits no genius

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2011, 08:37:56 AM »
well its not working out for him. he has lost some of his fitness and he has quite obviously failed to improve.

so i would just concentrate on improving the game and the fitness.

his career is over in 3-4 years so he can play that bloody golf and the exos for the rest of his life or for the next 60 years.

i would make the most of my tennis opportunities for the next 3-4 years.

i would also think that getting slapped around in one final after another time and again would be getting mighty tiresome by now.

here is a guy that used to win almost all of his finals. now he gets laughed off the court in finals.

CD - clay warrior hasn't lost fitness he just ran into the "movement of death" this year. Once Nole comes back down to earth a bit, clay warrior will get #1 again and rack up the slams. Don't worry about it, mate.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2011, 02:22:24 AM »
how did you hear about that terminology "movement of death".

i coined that term at mtf a few years ago.

i also gave him his rightful name: the great serbian slayer

seems like everything fits him. his movement is off the charts in 2011. he was always a tremendous mover but he took it up another level in 2011.
PRAY FOR DEATH