Author Topic: Enter the Clay Warrior King : Domination Redefined / 7 RG Titles and Counting  (Read 26360 times)

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Re: Your Expectations For the Clay Warrior in 2012
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2011, 02:49:26 AM »
I want to konw what is new thing Nadal is going to learn for next year?

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »
how did you hear about that terminology "movement of death".

i coined that term at mtf a few years ago.

i also gave him his rightful name: the great serbian slayer

seems like everything fits him. his movement is off the charts in 2011. he was always a tremendous mover but he took it up another level in 2011.

I was on MTF as a registered user, then banned from overzealous admins. So I know all about your legend CD.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2011, 06:13:50 PM »
how did you hear about that terminology "movement of death".

i coined that term at mtf a few years ago.

i also gave him his rightful name: the great serbian slayer

seems like everything fits him. his movement is off the charts in 2011. he was always a tremendous mover but he took it up another level in 2011.

I was on MTF as a registered user, then banned from overzealous admins. So I know all about your legend CD.

they do tend to get carried away with this banning crap at these forums.

it is hard to find objective, reasonable, fair, balanced, and thoughtful mods. they must be a rare commodity.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2011, 06:15:02 PM »
I want to konw what is new thing Nadal is going to learn for next year?

nothing.

he just needs his supreme fitness. rest will take care of itself.

he just has to start fighting again.  fight like there is no tomorrow.

fight like he has not eaten for 3 months.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2011, 06:54:16 PM »
nothing.

Nadal has been seen with several NFL players running up and down hills 3 hours a day. On top of that he's training with world-class triathletes. He will be the "fitness of death".

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2011, 10:21:56 AM »
nothing.

Nadal has been seen with several NFL players running up and down hills 3 hours a day. On top of that he's training with world-class triathletes. He will be the "fitness of death".

too good.

are you making all this up or what?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2011, 10:29:03 AM »
nothing.

too good.

are you making all this up or what?
It sounds good but I also wasn't sure if he was serious or not. Any reliable source would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:30:17 AM by Alex »

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »
i think he made it up alex.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
i think he made it up alex.
from now on we are going to call him "FedClownForever"  :laugh-bounce: :uh:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2011, 11:21:29 AM »
Come on  you can trust me.  :gleam:

Offline NadalGrafboy

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2011, 01:35:03 AM »
I think he will have a much better year.  I see him winning Wimbledon.  I think he might win a 2nd slam, it could be the French or to the surprise of everyone at this point it could be a hard court slam.   50/50 to whether he will regain the #1 from Djokovic or not.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2011, 05:06:36 AM »
His prority is to get his heavy and deep groundstroke back for next year. However, Toni Nadal said that Nadal got shoulder problem during his short rest (when he was training). Eventually, he couldn't generate enough pace and power on his baseline groundstroke.

What kind of problem I have no idea......

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15230&zoneid=25

Toni Nadal: Rafa better on slower, outdoor courts
Ticker - Saturday, November 26, 2011

Toni Nadal tells El Pais that his nephew Rafael is hitting the ball badly and lacked consistency throughout the entire 2011 season. Rafael Nadal won 67 matches this year, less than his total in 2010 (71) and 2008 (82). He won Roland Garros and another two titles, but went 0-6 against now No. 1 Novak Djokovic. His title output was his lowest since 2004.

"In preparation for the [ATP Finals], he had shoulder problems," said Toni Nadal, who coaches his nephew. "This translated into a little less velocity, and without that power, itís difficult to compete on this surface. The indoor game is poom, poomófaster. Rafael is better when itís slower. With the same surface, but no roof, thereís wind, other situations may make the game vary slightly. Here, for him, itís complicated." 

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2011, 05:08:37 AM »
I forget he has Davis cup final need to play.  :Confused:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2011, 09:30:01 AM »
I think he will have a much better year.  I see him winning Wimbledon.  I think he might win a 2nd slam, it could be the French or to the surprise of everyone at this point it could be a hard court slam.   50/50 to whether he will regain the #1 from Djokovic or not.

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline NadalGrafboy

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »
What is so funny about predicting Nadal to win Wimbledon.  It sure as hell wont be Federer who has looked awful at the last 2 Wimbledons and gotten overpowered in the quarterfinals.    Federer hasnt outperformed Nadal at a Wimbledon both were in since 2007 now.    Djokovic is not some dominant grass courter, grass is still his worst surface even though he won last year.  He isnt going to win a long string of Wimbledons, that is for sure.     Murray hasnt won a slam anywhere yet and will have all the pressure in the World on his shoulders there.

Nadal is far and away the most logical choice to win it in fact.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2011, 01:42:08 PM »
What is so funny about predicting Nadal to win Wimbledon.  It sure as hell wont be Federer who has looked awful at the last 2 Wimbledons and gotten overpowered in the quarterfinals.    Federer hasnt outperformed Nadal at a Wimbledon both were in since 2007 now.    Djokovic is not some dominant grass courter, grass is still his worst surface even though he won last year.  He isnt going to win a long string of Wimbledons, that is for sure.     Murray hasnt won a slam anywhere yet and will have all the pressure in the World on his shoulders there.

Nadal is far and away the most logical choice to win it in fact.

2010 - Federer was injured. 2011 was just Tsonga playing a career match. I predict Federer wins Wimbledon in 2012 twice(slam + OG).

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2011, 04:13:14 AM »
I think Nadal has a pretty good shot at winning RG this year.
I expect he'll do quite well during the balance of the clay season.
We should also look for him to compete hard on all other surfaces and perhaps bag some other titles.

Fat men don't go out on limbs.

:))  MT  :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2011, 05:51:45 AM »
french open and wimbledon are nadal's alone if he just makes sure he is fit and ready for those two slams........it's ridiculous that every time i talk about nadal's chances, i automatically mention the phrase "if he is fit" like some precondition.......

what an idiot really, the biggest worry for his fans is his idiotic scheduling.......is any other player even like this? every other player's fans worry about opponents, the present form etc. but a nadal fan's biggest worry is always about whether this idiot will schedule better or not.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2011, 10:23:47 AM »
You're the second person I've heard calling for Raf to win Wimby this year.
I guess the only reason I think it's odd is because I don't actually look ahead in any tournament for results.  He certainly has a good a shot as anyone else.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline NadalGrafboy

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2011, 12:35:30 AM »
I dont see why a Nadal fan, or even a general fan, is wrong for thinking Nadal has a good shot at both the French and Wimbledon last year.  Yes he ended 2011, which wasnt that as bad a year as some potray, on a low note. However indoors is his worst surface at the best of times, and it is natural his confidence is probably shaken a bit now.  However if Djokovic continues to show he has hit a brick wall for the moment and stumble around, that alone will give Nadal alot of confidence back.  Plus he is a fighter, he will continue looking for ways to counter the new and improved Djokovic.   In any case:

French Open- Yes Djokovic is a threat to win the French based on his wins over Nadal on clay this year.  However he has always underperformed at the French.   Amazingly he hasnt even made 1 final there, including last year when people were ready to hand him the title, and in 2009 when with Nadal's huge upset loss and having beaten Federer on clay earlier that year it was wide open for him to win.   Federer could barely ever beat Nadal on clay even in his best years, let alone now, and failed to do it last year when Nadal was low on confidence, and when Federer came into to the final on fire and very determined to win.    Murray on clay is not a potential champion at all.  Del Potro isnt back to the level to even win hard court slams yet.   Nadal has only lost 1 time at Roland Garros for a reason.

Wimbledon- Djokovic won last year while he was in the form of his life, but grass is still his worst surface.   Unless he is in the same incredible form as last year, it will be hard to win back to back titles on his weakest surface IMO.   Murray is better on hard courts but good enough on grass to win if he can overcome the home court pressure, but he cant even handle the pressure on neutral territory yet, let alone adding the home country factor to that too.   Federer has declined most on grass of anywhere, he isnt winning here again IMO, I would even give him a better shot at winning the French again than Wimbledon at this point.    Nadal has made the finals everytime he played since 2006 for a reason and there is no longer prime Federer to stop him, so unless Djokovic can continue regain his career best form Nadal has a great shot here too.