Author Topic: Enter the Clay Warrior King : Domination Redefined / 7 RG Titles and Counting  (Read 28916 times)

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
Re: Your Expectations For the Clay Warrior in 2012
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2011, 12:11:24 PM »
affirmative general shanks. great post.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2011, 12:39:05 PM »
affirmative general shanks. great post.

he will continue the same stupid scheduling this time too, hercs........abu dhabi, rotterdam, dubai, indian wells, miami are all totally irrelevant events and take a lot out of him.......well he hasn't played dubai and rotterdam the last two seasons but he plays doubles everywhere so that makes up for it anyway.......

indian wells and miami this year took a lot of him physically and mentally and had a negative impact on his mindset......he lost his level after those two defeats and never recovered from that......glimpses of old form were seen at the us open but he was already too spent.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2011, 01:31:35 PM »
if he had any brains he would ditch the meaningless small hard court events like the tokyo open and these exos. he also needs to ditch the doubles activity for good.

he has 3 good years left so why not focus on a few more slams on natural surfaces.

and to hell with the bloody rankings. there is nothing else left to prove.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2011, 01:45:29 PM »
if he had any brains he would ditch the meaningless small hard court events like the tokyo open and these exos. he also needs to ditch the doubles activity for good.

he has 3 good years left so why not focus on a few more slams on natural surfaces.

and to hell with the bloody rankings. there is nothing else left to prove.

concurred.......if i were rafa, i would focus only on the following tournaments for the next 3 seasons:

1. australian open

2. montecarlo

3. rome

4. french open

5. wimbledon

6. toronto

7. us open

those seven would be so high on my priority that i would escape as many other tournaments as possible paying fines and citing injuries as excuse.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2011, 01:58:20 PM »
he needs 4-5 more slams general shanks. i believe he has a great opportunity to pull that off but he will have to be very smart about it.

PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »
he needs 4-5 more slams general shanks. i believe he has a great opportunity to pull that off but he will have to be very smart about it.

yes, he still has time for 3 more french opens and 2 more wimbledons, hercs.......one or two more hardcourt slams somewhere in the next three years will follow too if he works his full season exclusively to maximize his slam chances.......all that takes some doing and smartness is required for sure........

those 7 events i mentioned above, they are the ones to be targeted and strived for for every single year for the next 5 years.......we know it's tough for him to make up his mind like that but really that's where history lies, around those 7 events.......having achieved that much at 25, he is clearly above other remaining tournaments.......

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2011, 02:13:56 PM »
sampras-like approach towards scheduling would keep rafa in prime fitness and form for those seven great prizes in tennis.......really those are the events that matter.......play the remaining just for the heck of it or skip it totally.......discounting 2003, he played every damn thing on the tour for 8 full seasons now........enough is enough, it's time to focus on history....... 

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2011, 03:23:45 PM »
i should have been his top consultant.

i still maintain that he doesnt listen to anybody in his camp.

he has tremendous respect for his parents and all his uncles but he probably only listens to his mom. and of course she cant help him with his tennis.

i think he does things his way since he is the one bringing home all the bacon.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2011, 10:17:12 AM »
Nadal determined to recover 'mental strength'
source: http://www.supersport.com/tennis/atp/news/111213/Nadal_determined_to_recover_mental_strength

Mental strength, tolerance of suffering, and passion - Rafael Nadal feels all that was missing from his game in 2011, and he wants to recover it in three weeks, when the 2012 season begins.

"I am looking forward to rising above the past few months, which were not positive," the Spanish tennis player said in an interview with dpa.

"I have lacked a bit more passion for the game, intensity in my strokes, strength in my legs and mental strength. But the most important thing that is missing is mental strength, which makes all the rest possible."

Unlike some other elite athletes, Nadal feels no need for a psychologist.

"I have never used one and I'm not planning to use one. I obviously respect the work of psychologists, but not for playing tennis."

This year was a strange one for Nadal. He played 10 finals, but lost seven, six of them to Serbian Novak Djokovic, something that had never happened to him with any other player in a single year.

However, the world No 2 says his motivation for 2012 is not based on trying to get even with Djokovic, on trying to win Olympic gold in Wimbledon or on reconquering the No 1 ranking.

"This will be a year for bettering myself internally. Not for beating Djokovic or anything like that. It is a question of going beyond myself personally, all the rest is secondary. The problem is internal, it is about personally wanting to take a step further, again."

It seemed this year as if Nadal was drained of energy, perhaps victim of an ambition and a pressure which no human can overcome.

"Nothing is enough, is it? Nothing is enough, not for the others, but for oneself. One's demands on oneself surpass even one's own reality," admits the six-times Roland Garros champion, who rejects the theory of German former tennis player Boris Becker.

The three-times Wimbledon champion believes Nadal played in 2011 tactically well until the finals, but then made the error of using his forehand against Djokovic's backhand, the Serbian's best stroke.

"That is too simple. I think it is not like that. I have not been up to it sometimes this year, and against him, I have not played at the level at which I played at other times, that is the reality."

At 25, Nadal has been a tennis professional for almost a decade. But he plans to play several seasons more. "I trust that I still have years left."

The Spaniard has recurrent problems with his knee and foot, but he downplays them. "Over the last seven years, it has often been said that I had injuries, or whatever. It is true I have obviously had physical problems, but if I had had some serious physical problem, I could not have been among the top two players in the world for the last seven years."

Despite his intense rivalry with Federer, Nadal has a notably good relationship with the Swiss player. "I am fond of him," the Spaniard says, without abandoning his dream of one day playing a doubles tournament with Federer.

"I think it will happen one day, but obviously, time passes."

In addition to being rivals on the tennis court, Nadal and Federer disagree about the future of tennis, including the choice of Adam Helfant's successor at the ATP.

Federer chairs the players' council, with Nadal as vice-president. They did not discuss their disagreements in public until the London Masters, when the Swiss player expressed views that differed from Nadal's.

Before the Spaniard flew to Seville for Davis Cup finals against Argentina, the two met to speak about their disagreements concerning the ranking system and complaints about extending the season, which prompted some players - including Nadal - to propose a boycott at the recent US Open.

"He has his ideas as the council president, I as the vice-president have other ideas, obviously. It is not that my or his ideas are bad. We need to justify them. Why one does not like the two-year ranking and why one does, why one does not want to stage a boycott...And I don't want to, either, there will not be any kind of a boycott, at least now it is very far away."

On a different note, Rafael Nadal also says he feels "ashamed" of having a bodyguard in public places.

"It is true that sometimes, it is necessary to be accompanied by people who protect you, but it is nevertheless exaggerated and makes me feel embarrassed."

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2011, 02:20:26 PM »

On a different note, Rafael Nadal also says he feels "ashamed" of having a bodyguard in public places.

Why does he need a bodyguard when he's got biceps like these?

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2011, 08:52:42 AM »
he is a very wealthy dude.

and its a crazy world. i say even 4 bodyguards would not be enough.

plenty of sickos around.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2011, 06:07:44 AM »
memo to all adversaries on the battlefield in 2012:

death rides a horse. pray for death.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »
i am hearing reports that the great clay warrior king wants to settle some old scores in 2012.

be afraid.

and pray for death.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »
i am hearing reports that the great clay warrior king wants to settle some old scores in 2012.

be afraid.

and pray for death.

going by his recent interviews he has clearly lost the plot at the moment, hercules.......he said that he is not too confident about his AO chances and is also whining about the schedule.......it makes no sense to play useless events like abu dhabi, doha purely for money and then cry about too many events on the tour at the time of big events.......

before complaining look at your own schedule, rafa....... 

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2011, 10:53:35 AM »

be afraid.

and pray for death.

going by his recent interviews he has clearly lost the plot at the moment, hercules.......he said that he is not too confident about his AO chances and is also whining about the schedule.......it makes no sense to play useless events like abu dhabi, doha purely for money and then cry about too many events on the tour at the time of big events.......

before complaining look at your own schedule, rafa.......

yep..its no use complaining to the ATP about long schedules when a player can't manage his own one..:)
get back in track rafa..:)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »
and now i hear that he is having shoulder issues. they evidently resurfaced.

he was not able to practice much in december.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2011, 07:47:57 PM »
CD - shouldn't Nadal just skip everything until clay season in April? Why not cede the #2 to Federer and be 100% and dominate clay & grass in 2012?
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »
why is he saying all this? He is denting his own confidence....he needs to get his schedule right. The rest will all fall into place, his health, his success, ranking etc.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Your Expectations For the Clay Warrior in 2012
« Reply #198 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »
Well looks like both Roger and Rafa are still on vacation as both lost I retry badly in the exhibition matches against Novak and Ferrer! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »
The news said Nadal decided to change to havier racket in this season. I am not expert for racket, so I don't know what is this going to help him.