Author Topic: Your Expectations For Djokovic in 2012  (Read 5974 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Your Expectations For Djokovic in 2012
« on: October 11, 2011, 04:37:07 AM »
We have the others Herc,so iv put this one in 4 you.Can Nole do as well in 2012 as 2011?or will his level drop?discuss.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:38:05 AM by sid »

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
Re: Your Expectations For Djokovic in 2012
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 05:18:57 AM »
The answer must, obviously, include the juxtaposition of the confidence gained from his superb achievements this year, against the formidable task of maintaining that momentum sufficiently to defend his titles & ranking. Will he defend them all? I doubt it. Does he need to do so to have another great year? No. To me, if he can win the FO - and he has an excellent clay court game -  and defend another GS title/some ATP titles, it will be an excellent result. With his eye on making history, I think he will be making a huge effort to win the FO & the Olympic title. And he can achieve this if he retains his focus.
His attitude and ability to cope with & indeed thrive on stress/the challenge he is facing will, if he sustains it, be half the battle won. For me, it will be a case of the others taking the win from him when they play him, rather than his squandering it away & I'm not sure there is anyone there with an incisive enough game to do it. At least on current evidence.

Carpe Diem

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 09:07:33 AM »
excellent thread idea sid. i am liking these threads because they give us a chance to look forward to 2012.

nole is going to be a force on hard courts. i think he will be defeated at RG and Wimbledon. there is just too much pressure for all those points in 2012 for him something has to give.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 09:20:02 AM »
It's hard to say. He won almost every tournament he entered this year. He will have to defend lots of points next year. As long as he is healthy I think he'll be fine. All tournaments are important but I believe he will be focusing more on slams. My dream is to see him wining RG which is not going to be easy but I think he is capable of it.

I also feel that Murray is progressing and he can totally blow Nole off a court if  Nole is not 100%. It is going to be very interesting. Fed is slowing down but he is still  a dangerous player. Nadal is struggling at the moment but I wouldn't write him off. I think 2012 it's going to be super interesting. I also don't see anybody else who can hurt the top 4 guys.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:55:16 PM by Alex »

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 09:59:41 AM »
excellent post alex.

nole has a lot of pressure next year so we will see how he deals with it. also the sport is more demanding than ever before so we will have to see how bodies hold up during the grueling season.

nadal will get his s**t together on clay and then try to roll with that momentum as much as possible before getting worn down.

murray is more hungry now than i have ever seen him so watch out for him.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
excellent post alex.

nole has a lot of pressure next year so we will see how he deals with it. also the sport is more demanding than ever before so we will have to see how bodies hold up during the grueling season.

nadal will get his s**t together on clay and then try to roll with that momentum as much as possible before getting worn down.

murray is more hungry now than i have ever seen him so watch out for him.
I think that Novak and Rafa will be fine (rankings, blah, blah). I just have this feeling that Murray will do something special next year.

Herc, when it comes to Nadal I also feel that he is not that hungry any more. I could be wrong but he seems to be a different player this year. He did lose so many finals this year. I just don't see that energy any more.  It's more like something else is happening. I might be projecting things.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 05:35:30 AM »
The pressure will be on Nole in 2012 with 3 slams to defend.Pulling out of Shanghai i think has been a smart move 4 Nole.With todays game & who is @ the top(IE TOP 4)the right rest could make a difference.I can't see Nole not winning @ least one slam,who knows maybe more.The hardest slam to take will be on Clay,my money would go on Nadal,the rest should be up 4 grabs by the top guys.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
great discussion here folks. keep it coming.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »
He's going to be overwhelmed in 2012 trying to defend all these points he put up in 2011 - so he'll probably have nervous breakdown. :rofl_2:  Seriously though - it'll definitely be hard to 'improve' on this year in 2012. His body held up for 1/2 the season at least. 

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 03:45:05 PM »
He's going to be overwhelmed in 2012 trying to defend all these points he put up in 2011 - so he'll probably have nervous breakdown. :rofl_2:  Seriously though - it'll definitely be hard to 'improve' on this year in 2012. His body held up for 1/2 the season at least.
I think I'll have a nervous breakdown next year.  :rofl_2:.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 05:15:09 PM »
Nole has a lot to defend but he also has a big lead.
He doesn't have to play like he did this year, he can have just very good days and still win more than his share of titles.

Being at the top has other problems, weaknesses in his game will be found and at least a few things that may upset his rythm.

He's good enough everywhere to stay at #1.

I like him on all surfaces but still have to wait to see what Nadal brings to the party.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 08:56:57 AM »
i still maintain that alex will have a nervous breakdown along with nole in 2012.

way too much to defend and its not easy winning 3 slams in a single year. its more like a once in a lifetime achievement for most.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 05:20:49 AM »
If he can let go of the fact that he has a huge number of points to defend and that his ranking will invariably suffer, he should do just fine.  He's been playings some great tennis and I see no reason for that to change in the coming year.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 06:31:18 AM »
Nole has been terrible at defending tournaments. But this is a new Djokovic. He could go on another amazing streak.

It's easier to attack than to defend, that's for sure. We will see how much the pressure will get to him. I think after the terrible, for his standards, 2010 season he was highly motivated and pressure free. Now expectations have changed.

I think he will win a fair share of tournaments, but not as many as this year. I say at least 1 Slam and 3 Masters series.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 07:48:21 AM »
Nole has been terrible at defending tournaments. But this is a new Djokovic. He could go on another amazing streak.

It's easier to attack than to defend, that's for sure. We will see how much the pressure will get to him. I think after the terrible, for his standards, 2010 season he was highly motivated and pressure free. Now expectations have changed.

I think he will win a fair share of tournaments, but not as many as this year. I say at least 4 slams and 88  Masters series.
OK, fixed. I think I'm turning into a worse fangirl than Dallas and Emma  :rofl_2:.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »
stop smoking that funny stuff alex.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »
stop smoking that funny stuff alex.
I'm trying but it's hard, it's good stuff  :king:

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 10:14:40 AM »
what is the latest on nole alex?

he he resumed his training?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »
what is the latest on nole alex?

he he resumed his training?
honestly, I don't know. I tried to google it and find some info but it he seems to be so secretive about his health and everything else. Nada.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 11:05:27 AM »
what is the forum verdict on nole`s 2011?

is this the greatest year ever for a touring pro in the open era?

where do connors, mac, and lendl land in this discussion? also what about laver? 4 slams in a single year is pretty damn impossible to forget.
PRAY FOR DEATH