Author Topic: Your Expectations For Djokovic in 2012  (Read 5772 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: Your Expectations For Djokovic in 2012
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2011, 04:06:12 PM »
^^^Djokovic will be playing in Abu Dhabi along with Rafa, Fed, Monfils, Tsonga and Ferrer. The tournament is will start on Dec. 29th. It's just an exho where top guys will be payed millions to entertain. I couldn't care less for this type of "tournaments". As if Nole, Rafa and Roger need more money  ..-) .

It's not just for money, these players enjoy getting out on the court.
They have a chance to work on their skills without the pressure, people also enjoy seeing them and it helps the sport.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2011, 11:32:09 PM »
CD - Abu Dhabi is almost right around the corner. New Year's eve tennis is exciting.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2011, 11:38:31 PM »
so, I wonder what the players do right now? Completely take time off until Christmas and then start playing? or will they be working on fitness issues right now and start practicing around Christmas time? I guess its different for each player. Any one know?

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2011, 12:27:23 AM »
i think the top guys are great for a reason. they might take some time off the courts but they never stop their work on their fitness.

its the funny thing fitness: it takes a long time to develop supreme fitness but it can be lost in a matter of weeks.

i would venture to guess that they might take 2-3 days off for x-mas at best.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2011, 12:28:51 AM »
CD - Abu Dhabi is almost right around the corner. New Year's eve tennis is exciting.

exactly when is it happening? and how many days does it last?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2011, 12:42:30 AM »

very true Herc. They tend to keep their off season training details private, and hence we dont know a whole lot about it.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2011, 04:05:13 AM »

exactly when is it happening? and how many days does it last?

Abu Dhabi is an exo event usually held Dec 31 to Jan 2nd.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2011, 08:20:45 AM »
excellent. looking forward to it.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2011, 02:32:04 PM »
newk not high on the great serbian slayer for 2012:

Newk: Djokovic to struggle, Federer to charge[/t][/t]
Ticker - Sunday, December 11, 2011
[/t]

[/t][/t][/r][/t]     Former multiple Grand Slam champion John Newcombe tells The Age that he expects No. 1 Novak Djokovic to have a hard time at the start of the 2012 season, and could see No. 3 Roger Federer re-taking the top spot.

"Djokovic is really going to struggle the first six months of next year - he's really knocked himself out,'' said Newcombe. "He's just won so many matches, and it's been pretty obvious, even at the U.S. Open, he was struggling. I even thought he was struggling at Wimbledon against Bernard [Tomic], but he was able to pull himself together. He was very lucky to win the U.S. Open, because Roger [Federer] should never have lost that match from where he was. And now since the U.S. Open, there's injuries, a sore shoulder, a sore back, and when you watch him playing, he's running on three cylinders, so I'd say that his body, it's given in. I think it will be a superhuman effort for him to repeat the six months that he had. It was an amazing run, and that is very hard to defend. It's not going to surprise me if, by the end of July next year, Roger is very close to being No.1 again."

Newcombe is not sure of No. 2 Rafael Nadalís future. The Spaniard lost to Djokovic in the Wimbledon and U..S Open finals, as well as in four other 2011 tournaments.

"With Rafa, it's like the heavyweight champion of the world that's never been knocked out, and suddenly, gets knocked out six times within the space of six months by Djokovic," said Newcombe. "He doesn't have the same self-belief any more. All of a sudden he's having to face things, questions, that he's never doubted. So it's a question of can he get his head around this whole thing, and come back to where he was?"

PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2011, 03:11:25 PM »
Interesting he says that....why do these retired old guys predict at all?? I hope Nole does not read all this nonsense and just concentrates on his game. As far as predictions go, fans of players are as capable as these oldies. Let them talk about technical aspects of the game of the players which will help us fans understand the sport better.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2011, 03:24:52 PM »
Interesting he says that....why do these retired old guys predict at all?? I hope Nole does not read all this nonsense and just concentrates on his game. As far as predictions go, fans of players are as capable as these oldies. Let them talk about technical aspects of the game of the players which will help us fans understand the sport better.

I have a feeling the pros do not read much at all when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I used to think Nadal would be worn out from previous years as he ended a lot of years with injuries of some sort, but yet he bounced right back and kept at it.  Curious to see how Nole does.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »

I have a feeling the pros do not read much at all when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I used to think Nadal would be worn out from previous years as he ended a lot of years with injuries of some sort, but yet he bounced right back and kept at it.  Curious to see how Nole does.

These guys are professional tennis players (he oldies I mean). Its unbecoming of their reputation that they should start predicting. Newcombe is doing what we do on tennis forums.....wishfully think/hope/pray/predict. All of these have no solid basis. He should put in more insight into technical aspects, what a player can do to improve a shot etc. These would be interesting to read.
"He doesn't have the same self-belief any more. All of a sudden he's having to face things, questions, that he's never doubted." --- This is exactly what Hercs had said previously, which means we, non professionals are talking this way. If a professional talks this way, you can see what their standards are.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »
rafter is one of the few that understands exactly how it is all unfolding right before our eyes.

he has a very keen insight for understanding the dynamics and the trends of the sport.

laver and newk have outlived their use as far as predictions go.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »
Djokovic's chances hinge on how healthy he is in a few weeks.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2011, 06:02:58 PM »
i have a feeling he is going to find himself under intense pressure.

lets just say that he cant afford a couple of 5 setters deep in the tournament. a 5 set quarterfinal and a 5 set semifinal will take its toll for instance.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2011, 08:47:48 PM »
Quote from: Clay Death link=topic=
16102.msg490977#msg490977 date=1323648178
i have a feeling he is going to find himself under intense pressure.

lets just say that he cant afford a couple of 5 setters deep in the tournament. a 5 set quarterfinal and a 5 set semifinal will take its toll for instance.

Not going to happen. Djokovic will not lose a set prior to the semis.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2011, 09:25:15 PM »
Tennis can be so unpredictable. I thought Rafa would have a great 2009, and instead Federer did well.  Thought Federer will have a good 2010, but Rafa dominated. Thought Rafa would continue to have a great season, and djokovic had a historic 2011.  I am excited to see what happens in 2012.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2011, 09:50:27 PM »
affirmative tennisfan78.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2011, 12:01:31 AM »
CD - one thing for sure. "the movement of death" will be extremely tough to beat anywhere. Nole has no weaknesses except playing super peak Roger.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2011, 12:20:46 AM »
CD - one thing for sure. "the movement of death" will be extremely tough to beat anywhere. Nole has no weaknesses except playing super peak Roger.

i am not sure he starts off 2012 in the same fashion as he did this year.......australian open can't come any later for djokovic.......he threw himself around like crazy this year, pushed himself too much, got injured and clearly dropped his level after the us open.......it's not that easy to find that intensity again.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS