Author Topic: Your Expectations For Djokovic in 2012  (Read 6015 times)

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Re: Your Expectations For Djokovic in 2012
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2011, 07:55:32 AM »
I am concerned about Djokovic's injure. That is the biggest uncertainties for making my expectation. Djokovic had trouble with his serve during 2008 and 2009, which is double faults. The thing I worry about is that he may have problem with injure shoulder when he is serving.

I really strongly recommend he withdraw Paris Master and World Final Tour for full reover and prepare next year challenge. I don't know why his training team and managers still allow him attain Paris Master.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:13:47 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2011, 02:20:16 PM »
He hasn't withdrawn from Paris (yet)...but who knows.  He definitely will have a lot of points to defend early next year so he definitely needs to be on top of his game for the beginning of the season next year.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
I would not fault Nole if he calls it quits this year.  Seems like he keeps coming back too early and it keeps costing him.  (I guess only twice now, Davis Cup and last week).  Still though, if ya need rest take it!  2012 will be here before ya know it!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 10:49:59 AM »
djokovic's trouble period has begun.......note today's date.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 01:45:16 PM »

But you wouldn't have said that about Nadal, now would you? You would have contributed this to his overlong schedule and would have stated that he'd be just fine next year, no?

I have a feeling he'll go on to winning the only slam left - RG. You heard it here first. Book it.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 06:49:14 PM »

But you wouldn't have said that about Nadal, now would you? You would have contributed this to his overlong schedule and would have stated that he'd be just fine next year, no?

I have a feeling he'll go on to winning the only slam left - RG. You heard it here first. Book it.
Shank is jealous  :)~. Nole will not go away. The end of the year tournaments are pretty meaningless to him (He won WTF already plus all majors except RG, many masters,   Davis Cup etc). Djokovic has nothing to prove to anyone.  If he manages to win RG he basicacly will win everything that matters in tennis. 

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2011, 11:48:38 PM »
his trouble period has begun because he's pushing his body to the limit.......anybody can see that he is physically done for this year and is no where near his best........playing on injuries and fatigue is a dangerous thing and shoulder injuries can be severe........

he gets $1.6 million cash for participating in 7 out of 8 mandatory masters alright but i think he is pushing his body to the limit for it.......don't forget that he has to defend seven titles nonstop next year.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 10:08:53 AM »
his trouble period has begun because he's pushing his body to the limit.......anybody can see that he is physically done for this year and is no where near his best........playing on injuries and fatigue is a dangerous thing and shoulder injuries can be severe........

he gets $1.6 million cash for participating in 7 out of 8 mandatory masters alright but i think he is pushing his body to the limit for it.......don't forget that he has to defend seven titles nonstop next year.......
You know I was teasing you  :)). I don't know. I can only hope that he'll be fine. I hate injuries.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2011, 05:50:08 PM »
surely Djoko isn't playing through injuries, he's a joker but not an idiot, well i hope he isn't .
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
surely Djoko isn't playing through injuries, he's a joker but not an idiot, well i hope he isn't .

Well, there was 1.6 million involved in the decision so he had to play a couple of matches and then retire. It was a big puzzle for me that he hadn't withdrawn given his shoulder injury in Basel but only to discover later that there was $1.6 million bonus pool money involved.

There was funny message from a poster after Nole's withdrawal today:

"As a professional, I had to play at least one match to guarantee my $1.6m ATP Bonus Pool money. I'll be thinking of you, my adoring fans, as I saunter into the yacht showroom."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2011, 11:58:10 PM »

You know I was teasing you  :)). I don't know. I can only hope that he'll be fine. I hate injuries.

djokovic definitely overplayed and did significant damage to that shoulder.......playing basel and paris was totally unnecessary, he played both those events on injury and that's a dangerous thing.......he has now aggravated whatever minor issue he had with the shoulder after that davis cup match with del potro.......see what he does now.......he enters world tour finals because he is forced to and that pushes him even more.......

the damage is done, alex.......he is doing the same mistake which nadal has made his habit.......nothing other than two full months of rest and gentle warm ups in january will save him for australian open and he is not going to get that now.......

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »

djokovic definitely overplayed and did significant damage to that shoulder.......playing basel and paris was totally unnecessary, he played both those events on injury and that's a dangerous thing.......he has now aggravated whatever minor issue he had with the shoulder after that davis cup match with del potro.......see what he does now.......he enters world tour finals because he is forced to and that pushes him even more.......

the damage is done, alex.......he is doing the same mistake which nadal has made his habit.......nothing other than two full months of rest and gentle warm ups in january will save him for australian open and he is not going to get that now.......

A lot of the Federer fans back in 2009 thought Nadal was done or at least they hoped he was done but he came back very strong in 2010. Federer had a flat year in 2008 - won only three minor titles and the USO thanks to a choking Murray. Came back strong the following year albeit in the absence of Nadal and took full advantage of it. Nole maybe in for a flat year next year too but that doesn't mean he won't be back. Nothing is certain and no one can predict the future. If Nole indeed sees a flat year next year and Andy still doesn’t come into his term, then Nadal may sweep the floor once again and win 3 majors. Nole is his only nemesis right now who has beaten him across all surfaces and in big tournaments. But of course, that can change too and the danger may come from a place you least expect it.  Who knows really.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2011, 08:50:33 PM »
Djokovic will have plenty of time to get healthy.

He'll beable to put the year in perspective and I have a feeling he'll come out firing.

The endurance and good play lasted all year, it's not going away and even if he's not at the same level he should be close.

This coming year he'll have more experience and has fought the tough battles at the highest levels there is.
I expect him to continue his dominance.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2011, 09:26:19 PM »
nole is not going away. he is too young.

still it will be very difficult if not impossible to defend all his titles in 2012. pretty much everyone agrees with that. the sport has become very demanding.

there will be improved competition from the field as well.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2011, 11:14:30 AM »

A lot of the Federer fans back in 2009 thought Nadal was done or at least they hoped he was done but he came back very strong in 2010. Federer had a flat year in 2008 - won only three minor titles and the USO thanks to a choking Murray. Came back strong the following year albeit in the absence of Nadal and took full advantage of it. Nole maybe in for a flat year next year too but that doesn't mean he won't be back. Nothing is certain and no one can predict the future. If Nole indeed sees a flat year next year and Andy still doesn’t come into his term, then Nadal may sweep the floor once again and win 3 majors. Nole is his only nemesis right now who has beaten him across all surfaces and in big tournaments. But of course, that can change too and the danger may come from a place you least expect it.  Who knows really.

but the problem here is djokovic is no nadal in terms of physical and mental endurance, and neither is he going to be as fortunate enough to ride freak luck like fed in 2009.......2009 was a disastrous year with nadal's absence, djokovic's fitness issues, murray and del potro being far too inexperienced and afraid to do anything.......d pot somehow edged out fed in that close us open final but fed already by then won way more than what he would have expected that year had nadal not suffered the injury.......

situations could not have shaped any better than that for fed and djokovic needs exactly that kind of happenings again if he has to have a chance of defending even 60% of what he won this year.......such scenario is just not going to repeat........

to achieve what djokovic did this year, he had to push his body to the very limit.......just watch some of his matches this year, the retrieving and rallying he did for weeks together was just insane.......i think he is really burned out after all the accomplishments and for some reason i just don't get the feeling that he is as strong as nadal physically and mentally.......

nadal is just a beast.......that's why he gets away despite such level of physical tennis year after year.......what djokovic did this year was robot like stuff and i just can't see him coping up with all the defending he has to do next year.......if he does not win the AO, he will lose his cool and composure like crazy, one can almost feel it.......   

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2011, 11:16:38 AM »
don't get me wrong for what i am saying about djokovic.......i just think that he pushed himself a little too much this year and could very well pay price for it next year.......even now he badly needed rest but look what he did.......and he's not even done yet, there is still world tour finals....... 

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2011, 02:24:19 AM »
general shanks may have a point here.

2012 will give us all the information we seek.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2011, 11:17:51 AM »
CD - I believe that Nole has to find a way to win points more efficiently. 2011 is not a template he can replicate as evidence by his injuries by the end of US Open. 2011 is a once in a lifetime deal. If he is going to dominate tennis for several more years he will have to become more Roger then Nadal.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »
CD - I believe that Nole has to find a way to win points more efficiently. 2011 is not a template he can replicate as evidence by his injuries by the end of US Open. 2011 is a once in a lifetime deal. If he is going to dominate tennis for several more years he will have to become more Roger then Nadal.

affirmative. the sport is becoming more demanding with each passing day.

murray, clay warrior, and fed will be out to exact some revenge too. they are going to want to settle the score so to speak.

so it definitely does not get any easier for nole.

general shanks is right: nole may not prove to be as durable and fed and nadal. only time will tell.

people forget that fed and nadal dominated the sport completely for 7 years. they have 26 slams between them and they have won just about everthing in sight.

that is the stuff of the legends. it doesnt happen often if ever.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline NadalGrafboy

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2011, 01:43:53 AM »
I dont think he will dominate.  I think he will win 1 slam, possibly 2, definitely not 3 again.  He might well lose his #1 ranking back to Nadal.   Breaking down the slams:

Australian Open- clear favorite here.  However something tells me Murray might surprise here.

French Open- on paper it would seem he has a good chance after his wins over Nadal on clay this year.  However he has underperformed here his whole career and never made a final, even last year.    I also have a feeling  Nadal will have made some adjustments to be better able to play Djokovic, which would give him a good chance of beating Djokovic on clay and grass atleast by next year.

Wimbledon- this is really his worst surface. He just won last year since he was playing so incredibly well.   I see Nadal as having a good chance of beating him here, and possibly Murray if he can overcome his nerves.   Federer has declined on grass so not him.   Tsonga or Berdych if they get on a roll perhaps too.

U.S Open- he is the favorite for this one for sure and will probably defend.   Federer is probably his biggest threat and will be hungry for what is his best chance at another major.   Murray, Tsonga, Berdych, Soderling, Nadal, are all possible challengers too, and outside shots at the title.