Author Topic: Your Expectations For Djokovic in 2012  (Read 6185 times)

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Re: Your Expectations For Djokovic in 2012
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2011, 05:07:42 AM »
His prority in 2012 are only things, prevent from injure and manage his schedule.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2011, 02:17:33 PM »
I dont think he will dominate.  I think he will win 1 slam, possibly 2, definitely not 3 again.  He might well lose his #1 ranking back to Nadal.   Breaking down the slams:

Australian Open- clear favorite here. However something tells me Murray might surprise here.

French Open- on paper it would seem he has a good chance after his wins over Nadal on clay this year.  However he has underperformed here his whole career and never made a final, even last year.    I also have a feeling  Nadal will have made some adjustments to be better able to play Djokovic, which would give him a good chance of beating Djokovic on clay and grass atleast by next year.

Wimbledon- this is really his worst surface. He just won last year since he was playing so incredibly well.   I see Nadal as having a good chance of beating him here, and possibly Murray if he can overcome his nerves.   Federer has declined on grass so not him.   Tsonga or Berdych if they get on a roll perhaps too.

U.S Open- he is the favorite for this one for sure and will probably defend.   Federer is probably his biggest threat and will be hungry for what is his best chance at another major.   Murray, Tsonga, Berdych, Soderling, Nadal, are all possible challengers too, and outside shots at the title.

How many years, times, slams, etc., have we heard that? :head-smack: :head-smack: :rofl_2:

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 03:26:01 PM »
I dont think he will dominate.  I think he will win 1 slam, possibly 2, definitely not 3 again.  He might well lose his #1 ranking back to Nadal.   Breaking down the slams:

Australian Open- clear favorite here. However something tells me Murray might surprise here.

French Open- on paper it would seem he has a good chance after his wins over Nadal on clay this year.  However he has underperformed here his whole career and never made a final, even last year.    I also have a feeling  Nadal will have made some adjustments to be better able to play Djokovic, which would give him a good chance of beating Djokovic on clay and grass atleast by next year.

Wimbledon- this is really his worst surface. He just won last year since he was playing so incredibly well.   I see Nadal as having a good chance of beating him here, and possibly Murray if he can overcome his nerves.   Federer has declined on grass so not him.   Tsonga or Berdych if they get on a roll perhaps too.

U.S Open- he is the favorite for this one for sure and will probably defend.   Federer is probably his biggest threat and will be hungry for what is his best chance at another major.   Murray, Tsonga, Berdych, Soderling, Nadal, are all possible challengers too, and outside shots at the title.

How many years, times, slams, etc., have we heard that? :head-smack: :head-smack: :rofl_2:

How many years has Murray been on the tour?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2011, 05:24:24 PM »
Andy (not Roddick) has been on the tour since 2005.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Andy-Murray.aspx

The question is, will he ever have a breakout year like Nole did last year?
CONK da ball!!!

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2011, 05:34:43 PM »
Andy (not Roddick) has been on the tour since 2005.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Andy-Murray.aspx

The question is, will he ever have a breakout year like Nole did last year?

I don't think he had the game to dominate like Nole does.  He has mad game, but not enough game to do what Nole just did.  Shoot, Nole doesn't have the game to do what he just did.  :)
Scott Baker

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »
Tomic will be the big surprise in 2012. Maybe not so surprising to people who actually follow tennis. I wouldn't be shocked if he wins Wimbledon and Canada.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2011, 07:09:55 PM »
Tomic will be the big surprise in 2012. Maybe not so surprising to people who actually follow tennis. I wouldn't be shocked if he wins Wimbledon and Canada.

I hope he has an amazing run at the AO.  I want to see more of him and what he is capable of.
Scott Baker

Offline NadalGrafboy

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2011, 12:27:47 AM »

It has to happen at some point.    Murray is already FAR more accomplished than any slamless player in history.  He has won 8 Masters, no other slamless player has won  more than 4.   He has been in 3 slam finals, not sure if any other slamless player was in that many.  He has been a year end top 4 player for 4 years in a row.   It would be the biggest underachievement in tennis history if Murray never wins a slam.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 04:34:09 PM »
Maybe it just wasn't meant to be for Murray! :innocent:

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2011, 04:40:39 PM »

For someone with his talent and people expectations it makes for a tough career to not have won one.  It will probably haunt him for the rest of his life if he cannot pull it off.  Let's hope he snags a slam soon!
Scott Baker

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »

For someone with his talent and people expectations it makes for a tough career to not have won one.  It will probably haunt him for the rest of his life if he cannot pull it off.  Let's hope he snags a slam soon!

Why?  I mean....I really don't want him to win one.  But that's just me. :rofl_2:

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »

Why?  I mean....I really don't want him to win one.  But that's just me. :rofl_2:

Well, it can be after Federer retires if that helps.
Scott Baker

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »
Back to the Original Post.
I hope Djokovic continues his great play and with good health.
I did enjoy his dominance (even though I called him a punk to myself a few times   :zipped: ).

I'm going to be truthful here: I loved him taking down Nadal, things were boring with always Nadal and Fed, we needed something interesting and unexpected. My boy Del Potro didn't do much so the diversion I needed ND gave.

I want now to see Nadal's response and how Djokovic does next year, he should keep #1 for a long time.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2011, 07:55:31 PM »

You sound like your idol Federer. Quite gracious.  :rofl_2:
You are everything I am not.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2011, 11:27:51 PM »
I did enjoy his dominance (even though I called him a punk to myself a few times   :zipped: ).

I'm going to be truthful here: I loved him taking down Nadal, things were boring with always Nadal and Fed, we needed something interesting and unexpected. My boy Del Potro didn't do much so the diversion I needed ND gave.

I want now to see Nadal's response and how Djokovic does next year, he should keep #1 for a long time.

Once Djokovic got his health together with his diet changes, along with his big improvement in serve, everything clicked for him this year. And Rafa's game played straight into Djokers strength, his backhand.  Rafa's got used to running around his backhand and force the issue with his forehand, that worked against everyone excepting Djokovic. Nole, can crack winners off that side both cross court and down the line. It would be interesting to see what tactical changes Rafa makes next time they meet.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2011, 01:25:07 PM »
dubai

indian wells

belgrade

us open
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2011, 04:54:00 AM »

Once Djokovic got his health together with his diet changes, along with his big improvement in serve, everything clicked for him this year. And Rafa's game played straight into Djokers strength, his backhand.  Rafa's got used to running around his backhand and force the issue with his forehand, that worked against everyone excepting Djokovic. Nole, can crack winners off that side both cross court and down the line. It would be interesting to see what tactical changes Rafa makes next time they meet.
His DTL BH is just plain sick.  He uses Raf's pace, adds a few klicks, and then redirects it DTL stealing time and space.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2011, 09:54:37 AM »
nole is a monster:

1. he has his "movement of death"

2. his return is the best the world has ever seen

3. his backhand the best ever

i dont know how you beat this guy when he is in a zone.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2011, 12:14:24 PM »

His DTL BH is just plain sick.  He uses Raf's pace, adds a few klicks, and then redirects it DTL stealing time and space.

Pace and Rafa's shots??? He doesn't have the depth in his shots. That is the reason why Nole is able to attack it.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2011, 08:10:40 PM »
nole is a monster:

1. he has his "movement of death"

2. his return is the best the world has ever seen

3. his backhand the best ever

i dont know how you beat this guy when he is in a zone.

while commenting during the wimbledon and US opens, Johnny Mac was full of praise for Novak's return game and his speed.