Author Topic: Tom Cruise squirted by fake reporter!  (Read 5894 times)

Anonymous

Tom Cruise squirted by fake reporter!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 06:03:27 PM »
I think if you get violent with someone for squirting water on you you have some serious issues you need to sort out. You might need to work on self control. There more serious things to get bent out of shape about. Also I could careless about Tom Cruise, I don't like or dislike him I'm indifferent. If you are a celebrity in the public eye that makes you a target for this sorts of things, whether your being followed by papparazzi or the butt of a practical joke. Whether it's right or wrong doesn't make a difference, I don't think it's funny or right but when your a celebrity it comes along with the territory.Celebrities experience many crazy things that would never happen to regular everyday people because they put themselves on display. You made the choice to live that life you have to deal with it. I can't believe people are making such a fuss over alittle water, he got a little water on him big deal there are much worse things that occur in life.

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2005, 06:39:05 PM »
Okay...here's my 2 cents worth about yesterday morning's interview with Mr. Cruise.  Go to the MSNBC website and click on the video.  It is approximately 13 minutes long, with the first 5 or 6 minutes devoted to his movie and relationship with Katie.  

When he goes on his rants about depression, and chemical independence he becomes almost crazed - like the preacher he played in Magnolia a few years back.  When you read his quotes it doesn't sound too bad, but when you actually see him rudely interrupting and completely taking over a conversation he becomes an absolute jerk!  

His former agents and manager are proably smiling big time right now as he is becoming box office poison with the scientology rhetoric - he really can't explain what his religion is.  I was waiting for some pointed information from him, but it sounded just like double-talk to me.  

Just found out that Katie has fired her long time manager and promotional group and is going to be with Tom's group - his sister and a woman from his church.  Going out to buy a FREE KATIE tee shirt.

I keep coming on as a guest both here and at work because I can't long on at either site.

cakes aka yamotha

Offline gm3106

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2005, 07:09:08 PM »
You might need to work on self control.

Don't you think that the reporter who squirted him with water should work on his self-control to stop himself from doing something stupid like that again?

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2005, 07:39:47 PM »
If you want to learn about scientology, click here.  When you join Scientology, you have to sign a contract/pledge that says, among other things, that you'll never seek psychiatric help, that you'll only come to Scientology for help.

Also, according to its laws, any critic or perceived enemy of Scientology can be cheated, lied to, and otherwise destroyed.  It's not just an allowance but a responsibility.  Scary.

Offline timd818

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2005, 10:16:17 PM »
Scientology is a cult for the rich and famous. You'll never see a poor guy in it.
I've been a tennis bum for half my life.
I'll just be a bum for the other half.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2005, 06:03:21 AM »
Quote from: "timd818"
Scientology is a cult for the rich and famous. You'll never see a poor guy in it.
I wish you had a point.

edit:  Meaning, I wish you were right.  It's a really expensive religion, that's to be sure, but they're going after everybody at this point.  They even claim to be compatible with Christianity, which is a pretty bold claim in light of their sci-fi heavy core beliefs.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2005, 01:33:07 AM »
All forms of religion began as a cult and there were many that did not agree with a particular religion in the begininng. Everybody has a right to their beliefs.

MC ill Guest

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2005, 12:20:59 AM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
All forms of religion began as a cult and there were many that did not agree with a particular religion in the begininng. Everybody has a right to their beliefs.
What if you believe in polygamy?  What if you believe that people caught stealing should have their hand cut off in public?  What if you believe that an unmarried woman caught kissing a man should be stoned to death in the swimming pool?  What if you believe that your god is the only true god and anybody who believes in a different god is damned and should be considered a second class citizen if not an outright enemy?  What if you believe adults should be able to have consensual sex with 11 year old kids?

Seriously, nobody in their right mind truly thinks that all beliefs are entitled to be expressed.  Scientology has a lot of bad things going for it.  Their rap sheet is pretty long.  Don't be so POMO.

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2005, 01:20:51 AM »
It's very self righteous to say that because you don't agree with certain aspects of someones religion that it is wrong. Religion is shaped by someones cultural enviorment and until you know truely and fully about someones cultural and religious beliefs and why they belive what they do, don't cast judgement. I guess because you find Scientology creepy that everyone should and we should all believe what you belive, because ofcourse what you believe is the way things should be. I think that's a big problem with Americans, they have a terrible history of pushing their beliefs on others even within their own country and sitting on their high horses passing judgement on others. Your not a scientologist fine, neither am I but I feel that everyone is entiled to worship and participate in any religion they so choose whether I agree with it or not.

MC ill Guest

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2005, 05:00:14 AM »
It's very self righteous to say that because you don't agree with certain aspects of someones religion that it is wrong.
Nobody says "because you don't agree you're wrong" quite like religions do, though.  http://www.xenu.com/  
Religion is shaped by someones cultural enviorment and until you know truely and fully about someones cultural and religious beliefs and why they belive what they do, don't cast judgement.
Oh please.  Spare me the 9th grade reasoning.  You don't know me or my "cultural environment" and that's not stopping you from casting judgement on my posts.  Yes, cultural relativism should be taken into consideration, but the whole appeal to tradition fallacy should be a much bigger consideration.  Just because somebody is doing something harmful to others in the name of religion doesn't excuse them in my eyes.
I guess because you find Scientology creepy that everyone should and we should all believe what you belive, because ofcourse what you believe is the way things should be. I think that's a big problem with Americans, they have a terrible history of pushing their beliefs on others even within their own country and sitting on their high horses passing judgement on others.
In the case of Scientology, I think the problem with Americans is that we're too tolerant.  France considered an outright ban, and Germany officially considers the religion a criminal enterprise.  I think most religions are "creepy."  Catholicism involves ritualized cannibalism, zombies, praying to an instrument of torture, statues of flayed humans, etc.  But Scientology goes beyond that.  The fact is, I've been reading about Scientology for a while now, and I'm being critical because of what I've learned about it.  Yes, there are actually things in the world worth detesting.  

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/443271.stm
Your not a scientologist fine, neither am I but I feel that everyone is entiled to worship and participate in any religion they so choose whether I agree with it or not.
Yeah, that's a cute little notion.  And I say your right to extend your fist ends where my nose begins.  Religious tolerance is absolutely wonderful, too bad religious people are the worst offenders when it comes to trying to force everybody live by their beliefs.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2005, 07:37:46 AM »
And with that, I stop myself from discussing religion on Tennis4You.  This is not the place for it.   ://

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2005, 11:52:59 AM »
Quote from: "MC ill Logic"
And with that, I stop myself from discussing religion on Tennis4You.  This is not the place for it.   ://

Aww, just when I was getting entertained.

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 12:05:08 PM »

Maybe you should have thought about that before you started bashing someones religion. And again I can recite many occurences in every religion that I personally felt was wrong. I don't agree with how christianity was used to justify slavery, savagely murdering fellow human beings for their land, segregation and the second class treatment of women. At the same time I can't sit her and bash someones beliefs, it's not my place and it's a very sensitive issue. I wouldn't want anyone telling me what I should and should not believe in.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2005, 05:17:42 PM »

Maybe you should have thought about that before you started bashing someones religion. And again I can recite many occurences in every religion that I personally felt was wrong. I don't agree with how christianity was used to justify slavery, savagely murdering fellow human beings for their land, segregation and the second class treatment of women. At the same time I can't sit her and bash someones beliefs, it's not my place and it's a very sensitive issue. I wouldn't want anyone telling me what I should and should not believe in.
It's funny that you bash my beliefs as you say that.  

What constitutes my belief?  That relativism, cultural or otherwise, is a self defeating notion.  If relativism says that all beliefs are equally valid, and no system is intrinsically better than the next, then why should I believe relativism in the first place?  Relativism basically claims that relativism/itself is no better than complete subjectivism.  Or that using tea leaves is no better than modern medicine at treating cancer, or that creationism is just as valid an explanation of our existence as evolution... etc.  Religions should be judged like anything else, by it's actions.  Scientology fails.  Other religions fail, also, to various degrees, but Scientology fails spectacularly.  Read about it.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 05:20:03 PM »
You sound like some kind of Theologist professor or something. I had a hard time reading that.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2005, 05:21:24 PM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"
You sound like some kind of Theologist professor or something. I had a hard time reading that.
I just edited it.  My grammar is sucking these days.  I'm always trying to write a super long post in between doing whatever it is I need to do.

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2005, 05:33:30 PM »
You seem very paranoid because no where in my post was I bashing your beliefs. In fact my very first post on the subject I said everybody has a right to their beliefs. I said that just because you may feel Scientology or any other relgion is flawed and is not for you doesn't mean it's not right for the next man.  I don't follow any religion and I have issues with many but I feel everyone has the right to believe in what they want. Relgion is a very sensitive subject and people die daily over the issue so if you don't like scientology don't become a scientologist.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2005, 05:38:38 PM »
kinda sounded like some bashing to me.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2005, 05:44:32 PM »
yep. it sure did. lol
Be the change that you seek.

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2005, 06:04:45 PM »
Ok since I'm so called bashing, Mc ill logic is completely right, Scientology and any other religion is wrong and so are the people who believe them. If anything including religion has any flaw then it is completely wrong. Down with scientology and it should be banned and no one should be allowed to worship this religion. Ok  I hope that makes everyone happy now I'm not bashing Mc ill logic even if I feel he or she may be bashing my beliefs I will never ever express my opinions again and I completely agree.