Author Topic: Serve and workout  (Read 1412 times)

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
  • Let The Wind Blow to my Victory
Serve and workout
« on: December 12, 2011, 11:15:08 AM »
I havent played tennis in a great while but I am decent with forehand and backhand but still suck at serving, any tips on how do serve better? and also what kind of workout should I do to fit my body better for tennis?
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline OnlineTennisInstruction

• Tennis Player
    • Online Tennis Instruction
Re: Serve and workout
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 02:39:51 AM »
There is now way around developing a solid service motion unfortunately. The first thing you need to work on is a fluid motion, which basically means that the racket does not stop. Think about a baseball pitcher or a quarterback throwing a football for example; it is one continuous motion without a stop in it!

the good news is that you can work on the serve by yourself without a partner as much as you want!

I have a video tip on the fluid motion with a helpful drill. You can check out if you sign up for the newsletter on my website. It is part of my Top5 Video Series

Hope that helps

Offline bieniu01

• Tennis Player
Re: Serve and workout
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 06:04:43 PM »
Can you show your serve's video? It will be easier to relate to some flaws in your stroke than to produce great speech about big serves.