Author Topic: Madrid blue clay  (Read 3630 times)

Online ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
Re: Madrid blue clay
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 01:25:12 AM »
murray said : sometimes the ball is a little hard to locate in red clay..

as long as it retains the properties of the red clay, i am not bothered..
i am very excited with the blue clay & i am looking forward to it..

also another doubt..
Tiriac said he changed the court colour due to better visiblity..
why couldn't he have changed the colour of the ball instead ?? ;-() :confused1: :)~

better & cheaper.. :)~
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Online ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 01:26:36 AM »
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 06:46:22 PM »
All games of the Madrid Masters 1000 will be played on blue clay?

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 08:34:40 AM »
murray said : sometimes the ball is a little hard to locate in red clay..

as long as it retains the properties of the red clay, i am not bothered..
i am very excited with the blue clay & i am looking forward to it..

also another doubt..
Tiriac said he changed the court colour due to better visiblity..
why couldn't he have changed the colour of the ball instead ?? ;-() :confused1: :)~

better & cheaper
.. :)~

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: Good one!

Online ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 05:51:34 AM »
ATP: Madrid Open can't have blue clay in 2013

The blue clay that made Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic feel, well, blue at last month's Madrid Open is going away.

In a posting on the tour's website Saturday, ATP President Brad Drewett says he decided blue clay courts will not be allowed at tour events next season.

He says that while the new color, in place of the traditional red clay, ``may have offered better visibility on television, there were clearly issues with the quality of the courts in Madrid this year, which were not acceptable.''

The ATP gave the Madrid tournament permission to test out the blue courts in 2012. After losses, Nadal and Djokovic said they didn't like the way the courts played and vowed not to return in 2013 unless a change was made.

what do you think guys ?? is it the right decision or has the ATP been forced due to the top2 ??? :)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 07:26:16 AM »
Clearly there were some issues with how the clay played.  It was different.

Personally, I'm not a fan of homogenization, but I do understand the players point in that it impedes their preparation for Roland Garros.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 07:49:40 AM »
it was a dangerous surface........they added ingredients and somehow turned it blue but clearly a lot of players struggled to move and that includes federer.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 11:15:58 AM »
it was a dangerous surface........they added ingredients and somehow turned it blue but clearly a lot of players struggled to move and that includes federer.......
THIS. nothing to do with colour.  and just to remind you Djokovic and Nadal are not the only ones complaining, many lower ranked players complained too. Safety of players should be their first priority. Tiriac is an idiot. I really don't understand why Madrid always has to make some experiments ... they really f.ucked it up this year.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 11:43:40 AM »
yep, actually federer first supported nadal and djokovic but when he got close to the trophy he had to change the tune understandably.......  :rofl_2:
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2012, 02:46:13 PM »
yep, actually federer first supported nadal and djokovic but when he got close to the trophy he had to change the tune understandably.......  :rofl_2:

Just imagine what Fed could do if the clay was pink.  :cool:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »

oh, I think our Fed ballerina would be very happy  :rofl_2: (sorry Fed fans, just couldn't help it). Fed would wear everything pink too, he would be invisible on the court ... give him some pink balls too and a pink racquet. yeeeeeeeeeeey, it would be pure pink happiness.  :)~

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 04:33:31 PM »

oh, I think our Fed ballerina would be very happy  :rofl_2: (sorry Fed fans, just couldn't help it). Fed would wear everything pink too, he would be invisible on the court ... give him some pink balls too and a pink racquet. yeeeeeeeeeeey, it would be pure pink happiness.  :)~

Nadal has worn more "pink" than Roger. :innocent:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 05:33:58 PM »

Nadal has worn more "pink" than Roger. :innocent:
Dallas, I thought that my post was going to cheer you up. now, who is the real man ... well my boy who's never worn anything pink in his life  :gleam:. OK, I do have some pink ties and shirts ... well they are kinda pinkish  :rofl_2:

well, just one question, would you let your husband to wear a pink shirt? let's see how liberal Dallas is  :king:.  plus if you ever voted for George Bush, I will never talk to you again  :)~.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:38:30 PM by Alex »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »
alex, with dallas's permission, let's call fed "pinky" from now on.......

usage: pinky wipes the moisture on the lawns with ramos.......

:rofl_2: 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 12:03:06 PM »
I 2nd that!

P i n k y it is!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »
 :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: yup, love it Shank. PINKY it is

one question tho... OK, we all know that players have to wear white stuff at W. however do you think that Fed is wearing some pink underwear? well, nobody can see  :rofl_2: ... ( maybe Dallas can  :)~)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:20:19 PM by Alex »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 12:31:53 PM »
Alex you naughty boy! :whistle:

Regardless, he's definitely pink on the inside. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 01:00:33 PM »
You guys are crazy!!!! :rofl_2:

And NO... my hubby will NEVER wear pink.  And I will NEVER EVER EVER vote for Bush!  :))

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 01:26:33 PM »
You guys are crazy!!!! :rofl_2:

And NO... my hubby will NEVER wear pink.  And I will NEVER EVER EVER vote for Bush!  :))
from blue clay to pink underwear  :rofl_2:. this is the most derailed thread ever. plus we have a new nick for Fed (Mr. Pinky). I love it  :lmao: ... well, as long as we have a good time, it's all good  :))

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 01:37:14 PM »
Oh, now it's 'Mister' P i n k y?
CONK da ball!!!