Author Topic: Which youngster will first come out from the bunch ?  (Read 2915 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Which youngster will first come out from the bunch ?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 05:37:49 AM »
What about the up and comer U.S. star - The Donald (Young)?  Plus, there is the Ukaine youngster - Alexandr Dolgopolov 23 years old.  Murray is looking good too!  Cannot wait to see how Lendl changes him!  How far Murray will get in the Australian Open/
Ahhhh, The Donald!  I'm still pulling for him.

Dolgo has some skills for sure, it will be interesting to see if he has the motivation to push through to the next level.

I refuse to discuss Murray's chances in this particular thread. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 05:50:27 AM »
(HQ) ATP Brisbane 2012 Ryan Harrison vs Marcos Baghdatis R1 - FULL MATCH

Harrison needs to work on his backhand slice and his general backhand groundstroke. I doubt that he may be better change the way he hit his backhand. His forehand drop too short when he is on the run or no time to set up during ralley, he put too much top spin and need to learn balance between flat and top spin. Harrison currently does not know how do volley, but he has really good serve.

210+ flat serve and 180+ kick serve for the second serve
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:03:12 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
Roger FEDERER vs Bernard TOMIC Highlights -- Davis Cup 2011 [HD]

Tomic vs Fish Shanghai 2011 Highlights

ATP Brisbane 2012 S.F Murray vs Tomic highlights
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:06:41 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 12:51:56 PM »
What about the up and comer U.S. star - The Donald (Young)?  Plus, there is the Ukaine youngster - Alexandr Dolgopolov 23 years old.  Murray is looking good too!  Cannot wait to see how Lendl changes him!  How far Murray will get in the Australian Open/
Ahhhh, The Donald!  I'm still pulling for him.

Dolgo has some skills for sure, it will be interesting to see if he has the motivation to push through to the next level.

I refuse to discuss Murray's chances in this particular thread. ;-()

Donald is Young. And by the time he matures, he won't be young. He'll still be Young but not young enough to do anything.

I like Harrison's attitude. A lot.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 09:09:08 PM »
I would say Tomic. He's already made such a big name for himself. Honestly he's the only one of the bunch that I even recognized the name of lol
Be the change that you seek.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 10:04:09 PM »
Ramos!!!!!!!!!!!  :toot:

First!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 12:52:11 AM »
OK I've found the fatal flaw in Dmitrov's game yos!

They should call him Baby Baby Federer, because he retreats +6 feet behind the baseline like the original Baby Federer, Gasquet. I just don't recall Fed playing from that court position. I suspect that's why this guy loses a lot of matches.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:01:31 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »
OK I've found the fatal flaw in Dmitrov's game yos!

They should call him Baby Baby Federer, because he retreats +6 feet behind the baseline like the original Baby Federer, Gasquet. I just don't recall Fed playing from that court position. I suspect that's why this guy loses a lot of matches.

Agreed. A huge reason Gasquet is nowhere close to Federer is because unlike Federer who takes time away from the opponent by stepping into the ball, Gasquet needs to take all the time to set it up most of the time - and whether it's a result or cause but it's directly linked to him hitting from so far back. Even his backhand, as beautiful as it can be, most of his passing shots come when he's on his backfoot and way behind the baseline - giving him plenty of time to see where the opponent is at the net and set it up. And this hurts him like anything on that forehand of his. He has great stretches when he does play aggressively. It annoys me.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »
Tomic looked very solid against Verdasco.
He got the ball back pretty well and could rally from the baseline decently.

He needs to put more pace on the ball.
I would say that for his age he's doing very good, his tennis 'base' is very solid.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 11:57:18 PM »
Tomic looks like he has the better feel for the ball. I'm lovin' Harrison's game though. This guy needs to spend a summer or winter with Gil Reyes like Agassi and Verdasco and he'll be really good.

I don't know if it's just Harrison and Murray or the diff between a youngster and almost-grand-slam champion but the cool with which Murray plays is amazing. I love this about Murray and obviously the other player who does this even better is Federer. Even Djokovic has an element of this when he's playing lesser ranked players. But the ease and calm with which they play is ridiculously awesome. Nothing rushed or labored about their games. I think a big portion of this is anticipation and fitness that allows them to be at the right place with plenty of time - Murray and Djokovic do this with their defensive shots, Roger does it with his offense as well.

That's the kinda imagery I like to have when I am playing. it's one thing to be passionate and fired-up but the kinda cool-ly intimidating response by someone like Murray who can read your ball and return it nice and easy without getting rushed is .. pretty awesome. And it can work wonders at the non-pro level, you'd get pretty far by simply having a unhurried loopy ball deep into the opponent's court and if you had a weapon for when the opportunity presents itself you're golden.

Harrison's forehand is very firm and specific, I don't know how to describe it. I see a bit of Roddick's forehand in it. If I had to describe it I would say Harrison/Roddick hold their racquets very tightly and have their core and below very tight. And Murray would the one holding his racquet fairly loose and a very mobile and lanky lower body, not tense. This is also mainly on the defensive forehands he hits.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 03:56:56 AM »
Tomic is kind of a mystery player..his tactics are little hard to understand..btw..his slice his superb..

Harrison, on the other hand, is an open book..you can understand him..but you can never underestimate his Power..

his match against murray was very good & i think i can see him in top 20 definately.. :) :)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 06:56:46 AM »
After watching both Tomic and Harrison this week (both for the first time), my first impression/thought was-  it's nice to see players that can do more than just bash the ball or retrieve.  Very fun tennis to watch. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Sonja1989

• Tennis Player
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 08:56:31 AM »
Vamos Spanish players!!!

Marcel Granollers :)) :worthy:
Łukasz Kubot :lust:
Rafa Nadal :spot on:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 01:59:07 PM »
tomic is a wristy player, relies a lot on timing.......he still doesn't seem to move all that well given his teenage, he really needs to improve in that area.......

harrison tries to be different but he doesn't seem to be that special quite yet.......he may turn out to be a decent player but he really needs to work on his power off both wings really.......most of his forehands and backhands looked nothing more than normal rally balls......

i think donald young is actually better at the net compared to the other two.......young needs to stay patient and not go for outrageous strikes too frequently....... 

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 10:31:46 AM »
unless these youngsters turn into real grinders, i don't see anything more than an occasional quarters or semis for them for the next 3 years......

for the fact, nishikori was the best young performer in the AO......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »
Bernard Tomic for me out of the youngsters,he only 19 & will only get stronger.While i like nishikori,he a bit on the small side,he does have speed,but that's not enough @ the top of the tree. 

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 12:12:02 PM »
Bernard Tomic for me out of the youngsters,he only 19 & will only get stronger.While i like nishikori,he a bit on the small side,he does have speed,but that's not enough @ the top of the tree.

I'm actually more impressed with Raonic than Tomic.  I think Tomic may turn out to be a 'head' case...(just a hunch)... If Nishikori can get "stronger" in the legs, he might do ok.  Raonic has the serve and strokes.  He has to improve his fitness and movement.  But there is just something about Tomic that I don't like.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2012, 01:04:59 PM »
I'm also impressed with Raonic but his movement is slow compared to Tomic.I think Tomic has a better all round game.Raonic has a monster serve & likes to volley,but the top 4 most times,will have him running all over the place.Ferrer & tennis players like him would give Raonic a rough ride.Raonic's game might work on Grass more than other surfaces,that's what i feel.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »
Tomic is quicker than Raonic? Really?

Offline Richard Miller

• Tennis Player
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2012, 01:43:17 AM »
I'm also impressed with Raonic but his movement is slow compared to Tomic.I think Tomic has a better all round game.Raonic has a monster serve & likes to volley,but the top 4 most times,will have him running all over the place.Ferrer & tennis players like him would give Raonic a rough ride.Raonic's game might work on Grass more than other surfaces,that's what i feel.

Lol, movement, no less? Tomic moves like an elephant :)