Author Topic: Which youngster will first come out from the bunch ?  (Read 2875 times)

Online Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Which youngster will first come out from the bunch ?
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2012, 03:04:36 AM »
they all suck, lol. I can't believe that we can't have a new young champ.  I'm even getting bored with Nole and Rafa. I really like Harrison but it's not happening...I have this feeling that Nole/Raf would win everything in next few years... I'm very disappointed with young guys... it looks like nobody can step up. I mean, I've been watching tennis forever but just simply don't see a new great champ. Ive seen Nole's talent back in 2006, buy I just simply can't see anyone right now.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2012, 05:55:23 AM »
they all suck, lol. I can't believe that we can't have a new young champ.  I'm even getting bored with Nole and Rafa. I really like Harrison but it's not happening...I have this feeling that Nole/Raf would win everything in next few years... I'm very disappointed with young guys... it looks like nobody can step up. I mean, I've been watching tennis forever but just simply don't see a new great champ. Ive seen Nole's talent back in 2006, buy I just simply can't see anyone right now.
Let's hope you are wrong Alex!
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »
I'm with Alex. Tomic looks like Tim Henman and Raonic looks like Pillippousis.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2012, 10:24:22 AM »
guys, I'm a tennis addict  :). I can watch even Scott vs Babs and be happy :king:.  However it's so sad that top guys are so dominant. yeah it won't last forever but these youngsters don't work too hard. Raonic is too slow, Tomic is not that good, Dimitrov is nowhere, Dolgo is actually not in this group (23yo). I think eventually someone will show up but not very soon. I also think that all of these youngsters have zero confidence. Nole, Raf will simply destroy them.

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2012, 10:47:46 AM »
For all the youngsters mentioned, who is the most talented because if hard work is added to talent then we'll have something else. I see Dimitrov as the most talented but his greatest foible is he plays too far back and he is not consistent enough to be a grinder. Now Raonic and Tomic are two tall fellas who the best level they can attain is to be like Del Potro though Raonic fits the role better. Maybe Tomic will be like a Querrey. Finally comes Harrison. He's not very tall to say he has wonderful serve, he's not very strong to say he's a counter-puncher and he's not talented to say he's a playmaker. I believe Harrison will be like a Ferrer if he's that successful.
Conclusion:
Raonic     --->  Del Potro
Tomic      ---> Querrey
Harrison  ---> Ferrer
Dimitrov   ---> ?????

The world awaits no genius

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2012, 09:36:28 PM »
Who can predict it right? I doubt no body. That is reason Tennis get me exciting.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:39:21 PM by williamchung7 »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2012, 06:37:23 AM »
Who can predict it right? I doubt no body. That is reason Tennis get me exciting.
You Sir, are correct! :king:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2012, 09:01:14 AM »
guys, I'm a tennis addict  :). I can watch even Scott vs Babs and be happy :king:.  However it's so sad that top guys are so dominant. yeah it won't last forever but these youngsters don't work too hard. Raonic is too slow, Tomic is not that good, Dimitrov is nowhere, Dolgo is actually not in this group (23yo). I think eventually someone will show up but not very soon. I also think that all of these youngsters have zero confidence. Nole, Raf will simply destroy them.

i don't know what's so special about raonic, he's very inconsistent and hasn't got solid enough baseline game either to challenge the big guns.......harrison's powder puff groundstrokes will be punished by the top guns.......

tomic moves like a cow, which is a huge liability against any top player.......dimitrov is just too weak at the moment and i don't know why people talk about him all the time.......

of all the players, dolgopolov is the best bet.......the only thing which he needs to do is know when to play which shot.......probably improve the serve a little more as well.......he has the makings of a good player and moves brilliantly.......23 yrs old means nothing.......when we take the mileage factor into account, he still has a good 6 or 7 years at the top on the tour.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2012, 09:05:40 AM »
Murray has a good chance in my book to come out and win a Grand Slam this year!  Of course, only one maybe Wimbledom and if he does; first since Fred Perry in 1936???; he will be instantanous worth an additional $50 million!  Yes, that want is being quoted by British press!  The Djokester will win the majority of the majors in my book!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2012, 09:12:01 AM »
Murray has a good chance in my book to come out and win a Grand Slam this year!  Of course, only one maybe Wimbledom and if he does; first since Fred Perry in 1936???; he will be instantanous worth an additional $50 million!  Yes, that want is being quoted by British press!  The Djokester will win the majority of the majors in my book!

it's still not easy for murray........with french open being out of question for him, wimbledon and us open are his realistic chances.......i think he should really target that us open this year because nadal and djokovic are too tough for him to overcome on natural surfaces.......there is federer in the mix as well........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2012, 09:28:11 AM »

i don't know what's so special about raonic, he's very inconsistent and hasn't got solid enough baseline game either to challenge the big guns.......harrison's powder puff groundstrokes will be punished by the top guns.......

tomic moves like a cow
, which is a huge liability against any top player.......dimitrov is just too weak at the moment and i don't know why people talk about him all the time.......

of all the players, dolgopolov is the best bet.......the only thing which he needs to do is know when to play which shot.......probably improve the serve a little more as well.......he has the makings of a good player and moves brilliantly.......23 yrs old means nothing.......when we take the mileage factor into account, he still has a good 6 or 7 years at the top on the tour.......
lol that's too funny

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2012, 10:08:19 AM »
what about nishikori, guys ?? he's been impressive recently..:)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2012, 10:14:50 AM »

his generic brand of tennis might see him through to a few more second weeks of slams but nothing beyond that.......rob koenig once called david ferrer "a racket with a pair of legs", and ferrer is a 2 time slam semifinalist.......nishikori still has a long way to go......

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2012, 12:57:10 PM »
I just read Dmitrov is playing grab ass with Serena. :scared:

That'll leave a mark.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2012, 01:00:25 PM »
I just read Dmitrov is playing grab ass with Serena. :scared:

That'll leave a mark.
....on the DMan's hand! :scared:
CONK da ball!!!

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2012, 05:31:57 PM »

his generic brand of tennis might see him through to a few more second weeks of slams but nothing beyond that.......rob koenig once called david ferrer "a racket with a pair of legs", and ferrer is a 2 time slam semifinalist.......nishikori still has a long way to go......
I agree. I like him but it's not happening. It's great for Japanese  but he is too small to fight with top dogs. 

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2012, 09:52:12 AM »
young players will have to wait for an indefinite period for their turn.......that is just the way it is.......no more 17 or 18 yr olds will be allowed to win a slam.......nadal will remain the last teenager to win a slam for at least a couple of decades to come.......

ITF wanted to create superstars and run the business with them standing in the forefront, they got that at the cost of losing variety and diversity.......today we have four superstars and the rest playing catch up at almost every event.......

the sport has to change the way it functions for a talented teenager to win a slam again, or for a nobody to take out a top gun in the first round of wimbledon.......for sure ITF are not willing to work in that direction.......and that's not going to happen overnight anyway.......

it will take 10 full years to change back to the days of variety and surprises - changing back the surfaces, corresponding coaching changes, grooming rising youngsters and other related stuff.......

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »
I'm still holding out hope for Raonic.
His game is still developing and there's plenty of room for improving his movement.
A little time spent with Etch, and he'd be right as rain.
CONK da ball!!!

Online Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »
I'm still holding out hope for Raonic.
His game is still developing and there's plenty of room for improving his movement.
A little time spent with Etch, and he'd be right as rain.

Me too, I like this kid and he's come back a few times from a set down so he's tough.
I hope he gives a wooping to Verdasco for those remarks he made.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »
I like his attitude too!
Doesn't seem to get flustered very easily.
Can't say the same for 'Nando though. :whistle:

Are these the comments to which you're referring?
"For me that's not a real match in tennis. I hope to play soon against him in clay court to show him what it is to play tennis, and play rallies, and run, and not [just] serve.

"I think he was more lucky than me in the tiebreak. He hit the line at 5-5 with a return and when you are at that point in the match and are lucky to put a ball on the line then you have big options to win the match."
  Verdasco
CONK da ball!!!