Author Topic: 2012 ATP Australian Open  (Read 41366 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: 2012 ATP Australian Open
« Reply #1320 on: January 29, 2012, 10:14:51 AM »
How many of you thought Nadal would win before the match and after the first and fourth sets.

I thought he would win for the first time when he went up a break in the fifth set. Djokovic looked so tired and didn't think he had enough left to mount a charge.

Before the match Djokovic was my favorite and more so the longer the match went.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
« Reply #1321 on: January 29, 2012, 10:17:28 AM »
Men's final: 5 hours 53 minutes
Women's final: 1 hour 22 minutes

Prize money: equal

I'm calling sexism.

Online Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
2012 ATP Australian Open
« Reply #1322 on: January 29, 2012, 11:26:14 AM »
More impressed with Rafa's come back from the dead performance. That man is superhuman

+1

nadal has more will power in his little toe then djokovic does in his entire being. nadals comeback is the real story imo.

Really? And here I am thinking the real story is how Novak won the championship, or that he beat Nadel for the 7th straight time in a final, or that he had to come back in the 5th set after getting down a break....by bad for not seeing the "real" story......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
2012 ATP Australian Open
« Reply #1323 on: January 29, 2012, 11:27:44 AM »

I'm calling sexism.
I'm a female but even I have to agree with you here....

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1324 on: January 29, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »

I'm calling sexism.
I'm all for equeal pay for equal work, but this is just plain ribiculous!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Bubles

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1325 on: January 29, 2012, 11:54:51 AM »
Djokovic is the best!! Suk that Nadal!!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #1326 on: January 29, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »
Its good I didn't watch the match after the rain delay. Well, shows that Rafa is a fighter, but has loads of work to do. Well done Nole, once again!

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #1327 on: January 29, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »
Djokovic is the best!! Suk that Nadal!!

Yeah that's being so gracious! Thanks!  :mad1:

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #1328 on: January 29, 2012, 12:13:03 PM »
So....how many wins is this in a row over Nadel now???? Does he "own" him?

Congratulation to Novak and his fans.

Why do Rafa match outcomes always have something to do with the Federer???

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #1329 on: January 29, 2012, 12:20:57 PM »
The world awaits no genius

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #1330 on: January 29, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »
So....how many wins is this in a row over Nadel now???? Does he "own" him?

Congratulation to Novak and his fans.

Why do Rafa match outcomes always have something to do with the Federer???

Where was she talking about Federer?? She meant, how many matches in a Row has Nadal lost to Djokovic? and "Does that mean Djokovic OWNS Nadal"?

I don't see any  Federer there..

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #1331 on: January 29, 2012, 12:45:55 PM »
Anyway, Nadal has lost 7 times in a row vs. Djokovic... I don't think it necessarily means Djokovic owns Nadal now.. Yeah, Djokovic looks unbeatable now, but I do think Rafa is really mentally strong...

Nadal will also believe in his chances, will always fight for the match and in no way do I see Nadal having confidence problems or that Djokovic is now in Nadal's head... I see Nadal being probably the strongest player mentally-wise... So, I don't see Nadal throwing up the towel, or playing with "fear" when he faces Djokovic in the future... unlike some other... :) :) I did have to say this! :)

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #1332 on: January 29, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »
wanted Nadal to win, only to break Djoko's streak. Djoko somehow pulled it out... and was stronger in the end. He deserves it.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1333 on: January 29, 2012, 01:59:54 PM »
i couldn't watch the match at all, had to attend a wedding.......my friend kept me updated about the scores set by set.......i always knew this match would go 6 hours and rafa was up for it......

i don't know what happened through the match and who played how but this scoreline and the amount of time spent on court sends vibes with legendary written all over it......

i am guessing that nadal probably let up a little in sets 2 and 3.......and what's that? 4-2 30-15 in the fifth? he should have closed out from that point, wondering what happened from there......anyway no worries, the fact that he's getting into winning positions is a sign of things to come......

of course this result is disheartening for a nadal fan but this spartan showing tonight has further strengthened my belief that he will start beating djokovic again.......one win is all he needs to start owning djokovic again.......

it's just funny that fed fans try to draw a parallel with rafa-fed rivalry but seriously i am speaking from a neutral perspective, this rivalry is 100 times stronger than what rafa-fed rivalry was.......i don't even feel like arguing when fed fans try to bring up far inferior rivalries like rafa-fed or fed-hewitt......

djokovic is definitely having the time of his life and if anyone's going to stop him, it's nadal.......make no mistake about it.......6-0, 7-0 is irrelevant for a fighter because we know he's going to resume his domination at some point.......fighters cannot be denied forever if they keep on fighting.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1334 on: January 29, 2012, 02:01:05 PM »
i will try to watch the full match by the end of next week, feels like i missed some real drama.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #1335 on: January 29, 2012, 02:14:18 PM »
Djokovic has become the Nadal slayer,I'm impressed with him a going 5 set's with Murray & having a days less rest.This is what we should all be looking @ now.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
« Reply #1336 on: January 29, 2012, 02:26:30 PM »
i always knew this match would go 6 hours

You sure about that?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1337 on: January 29, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
i always knew this match would go 6 hours

You sure about that?

nadal wants this slam so badly that he will come there to fight for 6 hours if it goes that long.......
I do not see Nole not winning over Rafa!  He has his number!  When a player has your number; you need to change your game - improve upon it to meet or be better some how.  Nadal still has the same game as 2011!  Just an opinion based on Djokovic's dominance over Nadal in 2011!  I think it was 6 times straight or something to that number.
nadal can play the exact same 2011 game and get it done in 6 hours if the match goes that long.......

he did hang tough for 6 hours but just failed to close it out.......he is getting there.......i just saw the presentation and the way he handled this loss just shows that he too knows he's slowly getting there........oh and that's how men handle losses.......
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:50:03 PM by Start da Game »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #1338 on: January 29, 2012, 02:51:03 PM »
Eggovic owns Nadull now.  :whistle:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1339 on: January 29, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »
last year's 6-0 meant jacks**t for this match, quite evidently.......similarly today's defeat will mean nothing when he takes him out finally at indian wells or miami or clay and resumes his domination over djokovic.......one win is all what he needs, i am sure djokovic can never be to rafa what rafa is to fed.......with a poor serve and poor backhand, he handed djokovic one of the scariest treatments today on djokovic's best surface.......he should have won it but i don't know what went wrong in sets 2 and 5 in particular.......