Author Topic: 2012 ATP Australian Open  (Read 41864 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: 2012 ATP Australian Open
« Reply #1360 on: January 30, 2012, 12:42:59 AM »
So....how many wins is this in a row over Nadel now???? Does he "own" him?

Congratulation to Novak and his fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do Rafa match outcomes always have something to do with the Federer???

Exactly, falcon!  :king:  I've been on this s**t for years. I read the same thing you did. It's funny how Fedtardation flies under everyone else's radar... Oh wait, of course it does here.

I told Gawdblessya that Fedtards are necessarily Djokovic fans, and I knew a 'tard would show its colors to prove me right.
 ;-()
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #1361 on: January 30, 2012, 12:51:42 AM »
So....how many wins is this in a row over Nadel now???? Does he "own" him?

Congratulation to Novak and his fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do Rafa match outcomes always have something to do with the Federer???

Where was she talking about Federer?? She meant, how many matches in a Row has Nadal lost to Djokovic? and "Does that mean Djokovic OWNS Nadal"?

I don't see any  Federer there..

:)  Good for you.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1362 on: January 30, 2012, 12:52:19 AM »

Nadal is a fighter, and hung in there.
However, Djokovic somehow is always in control vs. Nadal; his return and serve are simply better.
Like Nadal is a bad matchup for Federer, Djokovic somehow controls Nadal.

Roger's Achilles heel is his BH return v. Rafa, who will serve 100 out of 100 balls to Roger's BH.

Rafa's Achilles heel is his BH v. Djokovic, who will hit 3, 4, 5 balls in a row pinning Rafa into his BH corner of the court.

Roger and Rafa just aren't vulnerable to other players on tour.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1363 on: January 30, 2012, 12:55:42 AM »
Congrats to both players. great match. Bravo Nole. I just wanted to say hi to  Sid and Emma ....

What happened, Alex? Did Uncle Icky touch you again?   :Confused:

You're on almost every night.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:56:14 AM by Babblelot »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #1364 on: January 30, 2012, 01:52:55 AM »
Nadal came close but Djokovic went through a very tough SF with Murray that lasted almost 5 hrs.
There's no doubt that his body wasn't fully rested.
Nadal had a much less taxing match against Fed with an extra days rest.

Nadal can take some pride in taking the match to the fifth set but he had a pretty good physical advantage in the rest area.

Then there's the mental tiring of Djokovic's match with Murray, it was close and stressful.

Nadal did say he's optimistic that he stayed close to Djokovic but he didn't see a top form Djokovic.

I don't see Nadal closing the gap on Djokovic at all.

The only one looking able to make a move is Murray, he's definitely closing the gap on Djokovic and may have beat Nadal.
This will be something to look for as the season moves on.
Things should be harder for both Nadal and Djokovic but especially Nadal as Murray has been pretty close to him at times.

Great post Swish,it's nice to see someone has their eyes open.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #1365 on: January 30, 2012, 01:55:34 AM »
Congrats to both players. great match. Bravo Nole. I just wanted to say hi to  Sid and Emma ....

Thanks Alex & once again congrats on Noles win.

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #1366 on: January 30, 2012, 02:57:12 AM »
True Swish.

In the 4th set tiebreaker, being up 5-3, Djokovic missed two doable shots (one wide, one clipped the net).
Hadn't he missed, then ..... However, Nadal took advantage, and won the 4th set.

So yes it was close, but still I felt that Djokovic was somehow in control for most of the match (except the unnecessary fifth set, battle of the fittest).

It is quite clear, like Babblelot points out, that Nadal's BH is simply vulnerable against Djokovic.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1367 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:09 AM »
Q.  Is there any part of you that feels a little bit sorry for Rafa?  I mean, he keeps coming up against you in the final and he keeps losing.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC:  Well, you know, I was in that position.  I was in that position a couple years ago, you know, losing most of the semifinals and finals against him and Roger in Grand Slams so I know how it feels.
I really thought what I said sincerely on the court, is that unfortunately there had to only be one winner because we both gave it all.  We both put 100% of our abilities on the court and played to the last moment.
Unfortunately there couldn't be two winners, but he definitely deserved to be a winner as well tonight.  You know, I would be saying same thing if I'm sitting here as a loser.

there you have it.......he himself comes out saying what i have been saying all along.......he was dominated by rafael in 2008 and 2009 when novak was really taking taking off and now it's nadal's turn to receive a few.......i know the next chapter in this book.......

in rafa-fed rivalry there has always been one man dominating right from 2004 to 2012.......novak-fed rivalry is far more respectable to fed.......so fedtards better focus on fed-nole rivalry than trying to force their clueless conclusion - novak-rafa is just like rafa-fed......

last year's 6-0 meant jacks**t for this match, quite evidently.......similarly today's defeat will mean nothing when he takes him out finally at indian wells or miami or clay and resumes his domination over djokovic.......one win is all what he needs, i am sure djokovic can never be to rafa what rafa is to fed.......with a poor serve and poor backhand, he handed djokovic one of the scariest treatments today on djokovic's best surface.......he should have won it but i don't know what went wrong in sets 2 and 5 in particular.......

Complete and total delusion. Shankar - go medicate yourself.

no thanks, i am fine.......you yourself will need some when nadal beats novak next time and rips the "parallel" theory of fedtards like you to shreds....... 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:14:34 AM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #1368 on: January 30, 2012, 07:11:36 AM »
Ivan Lendl has been an amazing help already to Murray's game mentally,i think we can all see that.This puts Andy Murray's defeat by Djokovic into perspective.Nadal had to play Djokovic after Murray & had a day's more rest.Nadal only went 4 sets with Roger,Djokovic went 5 with Murray.This could be the year Nadal drops out of the top 2,he will have a hell of a job to hold onto his number 2 ranking by the end of 2012.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #1369 on: January 30, 2012, 07:20:54 AM »
Eggovic owns Nadull now.  :whistle:

you are right, it's just now.......nadal owned him and pegged his 2008 and 2009 back singlehandedly while also handing loss after loss to fed in his prime.......rafa is playing like crap and yet managed to scare the s**t out of djokovic on his best surface.......

Lol, people (most likely you included) were saying exactly the same thing last year, "Hey, Nadal played extremely close matches at IW and Miami against Nole, on his favorite surface, so imagine what will happen on clay". Well, enter clay (and grass) and Novak bulldozed Nadal, so much for that argument :)

last year's 6-0 meant jacks**t for this match, quite evidently.......similarly today's defeat will mean nothing when he takes him out finally at indian wells or miami or clay and resumes his domination over djokovic.......one win is all what he needs, i am sure djokovic can never be to rafa what rafa is to fed.......with a poor serve and poor backhand, he handed djokovic one of the scariest treatments today on djokovic's best surface.......he should have won it but i don't know what went wrong in sets 2 and 5 in particular.......

Lol, you said you didn't even watch the match, didn't you? Rafa actually served very well and hit BH much better than last year, there was nothing poor there. And he could get one win, but like that is going to turn around things - now you sound the same as some Fedtards, who think Fed is going to dominate Rafa again, just because he bageled him at WTF... pot meet kettle   :))

Welcome to the forums!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1370 on: January 30, 2012, 07:35:58 AM »
Eggovic owns Nadull now.  :whistle:

you are right, it's just now.......nadal owned him and pegged his 2008 and 2009 back singlehandedly while also handing loss after loss to fed in his prime.......rafa is playing like crap and yet managed to scare the s**t out of djokovic on his best surface.......

Lol, people (most likely you included) were saying exactly the same thing last year, "Hey, Nadal played extremely close matches at IW and Miami against Nole, on his favorite surface, so imagine what will happen on clay". Well, enter clay (and grass) and Novak bulldozed Nadal, so much for that argument :)

Lol, you said you didn't even watch the match, didn't you? Rafa actually served very well and hit BH much better than last year, there was nothing poor there. And he could get one win, but like that is going to turn around things - now you sound the same as some Fedtards, who think Fed is going to dominate Rafa again, just because he bageled him at WTF... pot meet kettle   :))

yes i said nadal will beat him on clay based on his really good level in IW, miami last year but there was a disastrous drop in his form and focus after those two beatings.......nadal was not expecting those losses at that point and that lead to some negative mental dynamics with nadal.......now the scenario is different......he is aware of djokovic's potential and won't be surprised if he loses to him.......he's prepared for it......know the difference......

i din't get to see the final but i just wrote based on what i saw from him until the semis.......he looked much better against berdych and got the job done with his off forehands against fed.......i found out that he made 71 unforced errors.......i am not convinced that this is his best performance.......how the hell did he take djokovic to 6 hours making 71 unforced errors? that's just not his top game.......no wonder he missed so many opportunities......

despite all that he somehow should have closed it out after leading 4-2 30-15 in the fifth but i have to watch that set before commenting on it......he normally doesn't surrender such leads......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #1371 on: January 30, 2012, 07:46:49 AM »
Ivan Lendl has been an amazing help already to Murray's game mentally,i think we can all see that.This puts Andy Murray's defeat by Djokovic into perspective.Nadal had to play Djokovic after Murray & had a day's more rest.Nadal only went 4 sets with Roger,Djokovic went 5 with Murray.This could be the year Nadal drops out of the top 2,he will have a hell of a job to hold onto his number 2 ranking by the end of 2012.
Although I agree with you in that but I believe Ivan's presence simply improved Murray. Murray has always been good but just a touch behind the big 3. I guess if Murray has to win a slam soon he's got first to be lucky by not having to beat 2 of the top 3 at the same time and do not be passive in the final.
The world awaits no genius

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1372 on: January 30, 2012, 08:00:21 AM »

murray's time will soon come if he keeps showing the same attitude he showed in the semis.......he could be a factor at wimbledon and us open this year.......

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #1373 on: January 30, 2012, 08:23:01 AM »

murray's time will soon come if he keeps showing the same attitude he showed in the semis.......he could be a factor at wimbledon and us open this year.......

Under Ivan Lendl Shank,i'm looking forwad to Clay & how Murray get's on.This will be a harder year than other's,here a few things why.Nadal will wants to pass Borg & get 7 wins @ RG.Djokovic will want to be the first to win 4 slams B2B in Open Area.Murray under Ivan Lendl can only help. Soderling,can he get hot again,not forgetting Roger or Potty.This year will be a massive test for the bigger tennis players.But if i had to pick one,it would have to be Djokovic on any surface.

Offline Richard Miller

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1374 on: January 30, 2012, 08:48:29 AM »

yes i said nadal will beat him on clay based on his really good level in IW, miami last year but there was a disastrous drop in his form and focus after those two beatings.......nadal was not expecting those losses at that point and that lead to some negative mental dynamics with nadal.......now the scenario is different......he is aware of djokovic's potential and won't be surprised if he loses to him.......he's prepared for it......know the difference......

i din't get to see the final but i just wrote based on what i saw from him until the semis.......he looked much better against berdych and got the job done with his off forehands against fed.......i found out that he made 71 unforced errors.......i am not convinced that this is his best performance.......how the hell did he take djokovic to 6 hours making 71 unforced errors? that's just not his top game.......no wonder he missed so many opportunities......

despite all that he somehow should have closed it out after leading 4-2 30-15 in the fifth but i have to watch that set before commenting on it......he normally doesn't surrender such leads......

What drop of form? Didn't he win MC and Barcelona right after those two losses? And in Madrid and Rome he only dropped one set before the finals, where (based on the form) he was a heavy favorite. :)

there you have it.......he himself comes out saying what i have been saying all along.......he was dominated by rafael in 2008 and 2009 when novak was really taking taking off and now it's nadal's turn to receive a few.......i know the next chapter in this book.......

Novak was awful in most of the late 2008 and 2009... he had consecutive losses to Roddick, Tsonga, changed his racquet and all; dominating Novak then isn't really the same as it would be today :)

Welcome to the forums!

Thnx boss :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:52:38 AM by Richard Miller »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1375 on: January 30, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »

Under Ivan Lendl Shank,i'm looking forwad to Clay & how Murray get's on.This will be a harder year than other's,here a few things why.Nadal will wants to pass Borg & get 7 wins @ RG.Djokovic will want to be the first to win 4 slams B2B in Open Area.Murray under Ivan Lendl can only help. Soderling,can he get hot again,not forgetting Roger or Potty.This year will be a massive test for the bigger tennis players.But if i had to pick one,it would have to be Djokovic on any surface.

soderling and del potro are not worthy of talking at the moment, sid.......i don't think they belong in this discussion at all.......del potro is clearly struggling to keep up the promise he showed in 2009.......soderling just won't be a factor at any slam even if he returns fit and finds his best form straightaway.......the top 4 are just too good at the moment.......murray will have to wait until wimbledon.......

agreed with what's on line for rafa at the french open, the borg record and stuff.......also remember he equals sampras(at wimbledon) for the most no of wins at a single slam.......so he will definitely be under some pressure initially entering the tournament.......it all depends on how well he does in montecarlo, barcelona and rome.......

i think djokovic will be the one under most pressure at the french open for the reason you stated.......non-calender year grandslam is the second toughest thing in tennis, only behind calender year grandslam.......

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1376 on: January 30, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »

What drop of form? Didn't he win MC and Barcelona right after those two losses? And in Madrid and Rome he only dropped one set before the finals, where (based on the form) he was a heavy favorite. :)

Novak was awful in most of the late 2008 and 2009... he had consecutive losses to Roddick, Tsonga, changed his racquet and all; dominating Novak then isn't really the same as it would be today :)

Welcome to the forums!

Thnx boss :)

you should watch his clay matches of last year, not go by stats.......he just got the job done with his reputation alone in all of rome, madrid and french open......he looked muggy moonballing a lot of backhands......montecarlo was the only event where he played some good tennis on the back of a good tournament in miami.......

djokovic was in a better form in 2008 clay, grass and hardcourt seasons than he is today, he's just more fitter these days.......nadal beat him to pulp in hamburg, french open, queens and olympics and that affected his wimbledon very badly......he was in fine form.......he lost steam in early 2009 but once again you should see his clay performances in 2009......he was getting back to his best form only to be pegged back by nadal in montecarlo and madrid where nadal played with one knee......

one can easily argue that nadal isn't at his best now MORE THAN what one argues that djokovic wasn't at his best in 2008....... 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:02:50 AM by Start da Game »

Offline Richard Miller

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1377 on: January 30, 2012, 09:23:26 AM »
Just he wasn't fit? Lol, that is a huge difference, it's not "just". There are plenty of perennial underachievers who could do wonders, if only they weren't gassed out after one set of tennis :)

Besides, Nadal was already multi-slam winner in 2008, while Novak was just breaking through, he didn't have experience and was still developing far more than Nadal.

Bottom line, while Novak is certainly not "invincible", it's obvious that this matchup is on his racquet now, not on Nadal's like it used to be in the past. :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:24:44 AM by Richard Miller »

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #1378 on: January 30, 2012, 09:30:22 AM »
Just he wasn't fit? Lol, that is a huge difference, it's not "just". There are plenty of perennial underachievers who could do wonders, if only they weren't gassed out after one set of tennis :)

Besides, Nadal was already multi-slam winner in 2008, while Novak was just breaking through, he didn't have experience and was still developing far more than Nadal.

Bottom line, while Novak is certainly not "invincible", it's obvious that this matchup is on his racquet now, not on Nadal's like it used to be in the past. :)

Have to agree. 

Nole is really good at taking that Nadal forehand to his backhand and neutralizing it.  That is what you have to do to beat him, and that is why Fed struggles with him, he just cannot hit it back like Nole.

I feel Nole's form has slipped a little since last summer.  He had some long matches too, so I hope he can pick it back up and get back to where he was last year.  Still amazed at what he did yesterday.  I bet he is feeling it today!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Bubles

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1379 on: January 30, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »
Djokovic champion. He is the best.