Author Topic: 2012 ATP Australian Open  (Read 40774 times)

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: 2012 ATP Australian Open
« Reply #1460 on: August 24, 2012, 07:28:06 AM »
donation or not, he should have won it after getting so close to the finish like by leading 4-2 30-15 on his own serve.........i and other nadal fans would have settled for AO and FO titles this year........courier was the last one to do the AO-FO double........

Yeah, but what I meant is, why are you posting this right now? after 8 months? I know you are talking about your donations or not... But the fact of the matter is, Djokovic won that match.. my question remains.. why did you decide to write something on this thread after 8 months?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #1461 on: August 24, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »
donation or not, he should have won it after getting so close to the finish like by leading 4-2 30-15 on his own serve.........i and other nadal fans would have settled for AO and FO titles this year........courier was the last one to do the AO-FO double........

Yeah, but what I meant is, why are you posting this right now? after 8 months? I know you are talking about your donations or not... But the fact of the matter is, Djokovic won that match.. my question remains.. why did you decide to write something on this thread after 8 months?

while watching the draw ceremony yesterday, rafa's absence was clearly felt........so i bumped this thread thinking that it would have been truly great had he won this title, particularly when given the fact that he was physically fit only for two slams this year........two out of two would have been great no? AO-FO is a rare double too........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #1462 on: August 24, 2012, 12:22:51 PM »

while watching the draw ceremony yesterday, rafa's absence was clearly felt........so i bumped this thread thinking that it would have been truly great had he won this title, particularly when given the fact that he was physically fit only for two slams this year........two out of two would have been great no? AO-FO is a rare double too........

If, what ifs, etc., won't change anything....so this is a moot point.  I'm sure the Novak fans will say Novak deserved that victory so I guess it's just different believes by different fans.  I'm sorry that Nada isn't healthy enough to play the US Open, but health is a part of tennis and the fact remains that while us fans like to say what could have happened, or what should have happened - injuries can change the outcome in a heartbeat.

I remember a lot of fans were saying Nadal would finish his career with about 18-20 slams.  Maybe...IF he could stay healthy.  But once you put health in the mix - things can change overnight.  Even retirement.... Borg probably could have had more slams...but he decided to walk away.  So we can't say -- well, Borg donated the rest of the slams to other players because he wasn't there.  It is what it is... He decided to walk... he ended his career right then with what he has.  Nadal has problems with his knees...so what 'could have'....'should have'....is not relevant.  Right now his has 11 slams.  It is what it is.

Offline phoneix

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1463 on: August 25, 2012, 05:34:23 AM »
rafa should have won this title........
If he couldn't get it done from 30-30 on his own serve, he didn't deserve to win it IMO.