Author Topic: Tennis is gender BIASED  (Read 790 times)

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
Tennis is gender BIASED
« on: January 10, 2012, 12:25:31 PM »
Again I take another blow at the WTA. The females are playing regular three set matches around the year day after day provided they win the previous match. Then grandslam comes and they continue to play 3 setters and they have a full day rest. Common this means that grandslams are easier to win than normal 250 500 etc tournaments which really takes away the flavor of what to win a grandslam means. You see Djokovic holding the USOPEN trophy after beating Nadal in a hell of a match and everybody says "He deserves it" and obviously he does given the amount of obstacles and  barricades he had to overcome to win. The sensation is great and so slams have a meaning on the men's game and to this day players are still rated on their accomplishments at slams. For us fans, why do we basically always wait for a slam or we rate a player on how well he plays at slams. A victory against Federer, Nadal etc in normal tournaments is not as regarded as colossal at it merits by us because we also say for example "Can he do it against Nadal at a slam?". Hence our fundamental reference is slam performance. Now going back to the WTA, grandslam is a joke because it is so obvious that it is easier to win for a good female player. Serena Williams comes to mind immediately who seemingly turns up at slams and by just keeping her attitude in check the title will be hers. Its a pity that they also get the same worthiness as men get. Really its not fair. After all tennis should benefit from the players and not the players should rip away the games merits. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:27:04 PM by medwatt »
The world awaits no genius

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: Tennis is gender BIASED
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 01:30:59 PM »
i could care less if they played one set matches but for f**k's sake let's get back to unequal prize money.......it's just ridiculous that these screaming women are paid equally with men while legends like martina, graf, seles were paid half of what men got in an era when tennis was not so physical.......these current women don't even deserve quarter prize money of what men get, let alone equal.......if they protest, they should be employed for dish washing and other maid services in tournament hotels.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:16:38 PM »
i could care less if they played one set matches but for f**k's sake let's get back to unequal prize money.......it's just ridiculous that these screaming women are paid equally with men while legends like martina, graf, seles were paid half of what men got in an era when tennis was not so physical.......these current women don't even deserve quarter prize money of what men get, let alone equal.......if they protest, they should be employed for dish washing and other maid services in tournament hotels.......

://  ://  ://

Women unitedly will never do as men well in masculine based sports.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 07:46:16 AM »
BOOOOOM!!! ://
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 09:19:16 PM »
Women's matches are taking less time than men's sets.   ..-)
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 09:24:08 PM »
Sex equality? ..-)

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 03:59:03 PM »
Today is what this thread is all about. 5 hours and 53 minutes for the same thing that Sharapova received for screaming her guts out. This is nonsense. Its crazy. I said that slams for females are far more easier to win than other tournaments. They play the same number of sets and they have a full day rest and Sharapova was reduced to nothing but her eerie screams of idiot degeneracy that swells to a muffled crescendo before dying away in a whimper of lunatic self-pity.

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 03:34:58 AM »
Considering a broader scope, is it even reasonable that someone, either male or female, earns almost 2 million after two weeks (effectively only 7 days) of "work"?
Both prize money and salaries in sport have gone through the roof lately.

Regardless of this, you can't argue on the basis of this lone tournament. We have seen great WTA grand slams as well, e.g. where the Williams sisters battled it out in the final, and Clijsters vs. Capriati; just to name a few.

I think, currently, the ATP is simply lucky with a "Golden Generation". Just imagine how the ATP would look like without Nadal, Federer, and Djokovic.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 04:15:38 AM »
A few good matches does not a tour make.

The overall level of play in the WTA has been in the toilet for quite some time now.  If they did not have boobs and pretty faces (and the ATP dragging them along!) they would not have a viable product.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 05:58:18 AM »
i would blame the USTA for this.......they started this trend first at the us open 2006 and the rest had to follow suit without their willingness.......in 2005, 2006 when rising glamour dolls like sania(influencing india and middle east), zie zheng(influencing asia) and sharapova(influencing russia and united states) were at their absolute best, tennis following in asia started to pick up.......and with the advent of serbian women, women's tennis got more popularity......   

US open only cares for ratings in a country where tennis is not even among top 5 followed sports, and for them mirzas, sharapovas, ivanovics would fetch just as much income as nadal, fed or djokovic.......they wanted to take credit for finally implementing the "noble" equal prize money policy in women's tennis and did it in 2006 us open while caring for nothing about other slams and tennis......

US open is the worst slam for many reasons and this is also one......otherwise these screaming dishwashers are only good enough for just that - dishwashing and cleaning activities.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 06:30:55 AM »
Interesting perpective Shankman.
I'm not sure if any one entity is responsible for the degeneration of the WTA but that's a start!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 08:25:19 AM »
Interesting perpective Shankman.
I'm not sure if any one entity is responsible for the degeneration of the WTA but that's a start!

from what i recollect, some of the american commentators, past women's tennis greats like chris evert and few tennis bodies around the world were strongly in favour of equal prize money and were setting the media on fire with their "revolution"........sharapova, williams sisters, jelena jankovic, ivanovic and few others were very vocal, b**ching and crying at almost every tournament in 2006.......

the arguments from those who opposed this idea were always surrounding the slams because the non-slam tournaments had best of 3 sets for men and women.......

french open and wimbledon refused the idea straightaway and very rightly.......in fact french open remained stubborn over the issue and was the only slam which paid unequal prizemoney even in 2007.......only the men's and women's winners were paid equal checks while everything else remained the same as old with women getting half of what men got.......i think sharapova or somebody b**ched about it very passionately.......

as a result of that, wimbledon authorities pissed their pants and joined the USO and australian open as the third tournament to distribute equal prize money from 2007 onwards.......

if not for a few ridiculous voices and pressure from media, this issue would never have been there.......now it's not possible to go back to unequal prizemoney no matter how muggy the WTA is.......if ITF takes that bold step, they would be branded sexist forever in the entire sporting world 80% of which knows nothing about tennis....... 

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 08:30:19 AM »
contd...

not until henin left the tour and made a mockery of WTA by taking with her that last bit of elegance and grace left in WTA, did the fans and media realized how pathetic WTA was......the damage was already done by the time she retired in 2008......they just can't revert back to the unequal way now......

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »
Yeah Shank, heaven forbid they do what's right.
It's more important these days to appear to be 'moving forward' (the new meaningless catch phrase that drives me nuts nuttier!).
CONK da ball!!!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 01:17:47 PM »
I do think that this was an unfair distribution of money, but what if the ATP is suddenly devoid of the top four and we are left with hopeless tennis in the ATP and we have a surge of Seles-Graf type of players in WTA and then should we increase the money? Do they keep fluctuating prize money depending on the quality of players? Infact the late 90's in women's game had a good mix of players too. I hope the WTA sees better players coming in a few years time. Till then it will be unjust. I cannot imagine ATP without the top 4 either.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:19:12 PM by falcon »

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 07:37:49 PM »
As a biz owner it's equal pay for equal work.
If the fems aren't capable of getting the job done they should be paid less.
If they are capable, shame on them for taking the loot without doing the extra work.  Nothing short of a complete lack of integrity.

Signed,
Your Pal
Anal Andy

:)
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 07:42:15 PM »
Yes, falcon nailed the dilemma right there.

It would be impossible to pay according to the real value of the match. 

If Maria def. Serena 7-5, 5-7, 10-8 in 3:30, it should pay a lot more than Vika def. Maria 6-3, 6-0 in 1:22. Furthermore, it should pay more than a Djokovic straight set beatdown of a tantrum :crying: throwing Murray in less than 2 hours.

So the point is mute.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:59:11 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »
Or.....
The men are contracted for best of 5 and women best of 3.
If someone happens to be faster or slower in a match has little to do with the work they were contracted for. :big boss:
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 08:59:31 PM »
Or.....
The men are contracted for best of 5 and women best of 3.
If someone happens to be faster or slower in a match has little to do with the work they were contracted for. :big boss:

Ayuh

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 12:16:49 AM »
I don't even bother watching the wta matches any more. no real rivalries. I miss Navratilova/Evert and Seles/Graf matches. Gosh, it was so much fun.  I don't even know who is who nowadays... boring but hey it is what it is... we need real champions but the whole wta is so messed up. as for money I do not think ladies deserve what they get paid but hey  :whistle: