Author Topic: Why the "GOAT" thing doesn't really matter  (Read 4219 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: Why the "GOAT" thing doesn't really matter
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »
and regarding factual evidence, i don't know what i can present before you here......it's mainly my observation......he plays quite a few tournaments but not all with the same intensity.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
Let's say for argument Nadal wins a few more slams and Federer fails to win an addition one. Then people will be arguing for ages who is the real GOAT. Imagine if Roger had run away with the sport like Graf and won 18-20 slams already. Tennis would be boring and nobody would be arguing about anything. Also does Roger's VIP lifestyle get diminished from "disputed' GOAT-status one bit? No! Everything is fine and all this endless shouting matches between fandoms is hilarious.

and to throw a final answer here,

why the GOAT thing doesn't really matter - because fedtards are afraid of fed's tainted legacy as nadal's pigeon.......it's better of not having the GOAT concept at all than to see someone else as the GOAT right?  :hysterical:
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2012, 12:19:48 PM »
I've yet to see anything other than opinions offered as proof of such.

Would love to take a look at any facts folks might have to offer up as a basis for their opinions. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong Shanks-  you're saying he's slower when he's overbooked.  Consequently he's cut back on his schedule and now is just as fast as ever.  Is that right?

yes, almost as fast as ever in slams.......i have noticed particularly last year that he is not caring for anything but slams and is just unloading in slams.......i think that approach is mainly responsible for his top movement in slams even at 30.......it's not that he's cutting back much on his schedule, but you can see he doesn't waste many reserves for unnecessary tournaments.......
I agree that he is conserving energy.
As to actual speed of foot, we'll have to await a more accurate measurement than just our observations.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2012, 05:35:25 PM »

Would love to take a look at any facts folks might have to offer up as a basis for their opinions. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong Shanks-  you're saying he's slower when he's overbooked.  Consequently he's cut back on his schedule and now is just as fast as ever.  Is that right?

yes, almost as fast as ever in slams.......i have noticed particularly last year that he is not caring for anything but slams and is just unloading in slams.......i think that approach is mainly responsible for his top movement in slams even at 30.......it's not that he's cutting back much on his schedule, but you can see he doesn't waste many reserves for unnecessary tournaments.......
As to actual speed of foot, we'll have to await a more accurate measurement than just our observations.

Why wait, you have the internet to try and disprove it.

I'm not so worried about court speed, it's the other areas like the forehand being not as reliable,
the serve taking short vacations and whole match intensity.

He looked pretty good against Nadal, but goes off of what's working at times IMO.

Fed's already done enough, the others can stand in line and try to match some of those records.

I agree with some that he saves himself for the slams, trying in every tournament seems to be too much.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »
5 straight USO's.
5 straight Wimbledon's.
6 WTF's.
18/19 slam finals.
23 straight slam SF's.
237 straight weeks at #1.

Fed haters take off the blinds.  :hammer:

We know all of this and don't need to be reminded.

We have a greater task at hand than counting.

We need to explain to the world how those number were compiled.  :)~

As for being a hater. I'm a Fedtard hater.   :shiny:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:29:33 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2012, 09:50:18 PM »

Why wait, you have the internet to try and disprove it.

I'm not so worried about court speed, it's the other areas like the forehand being not as reliable,
the serve taking short vacations and whole match intensity.

He looked pretty good against Nadal, but goes off of what's working at times IMO.

Fed's already done enough, the others can stand in line and try to match some of those records.

I agree with some that he saves himself for the slams, trying in every tournament seems to be too much.
There's nothing to disprove.
It has yet to be proven that he's lost anything.

As to the FH issues, I think that goes hand in hand with the mental lapses you mention.  I wonder how much of this has to do with intensity or confidence.  Especially for someone who thinks so highly of himself. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!