Author Topic: Your "Dream Final"  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: Your "Dream Final"
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2012, 09:25:18 AM »
1. nadal '08 vs. djokovic '08/'11 - slow hardcourt slam final 

2. nadal '08 vs. federer '06/'11 - fast hardcourt slam final

3. sampras '95 vs. borg '78 - grass slam final

4. nadal '08 vs. borg '78 - clay slam final
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2012, 04:47:18 AM »
The more time goes by the more I realise that it wasn't such a Dream Final for me afterall you know last week, I think the joy and euphoria covered the real facts. I haven't been able to enjoy Victoria's 1st Slam as I should and although on the day I much prefered Maria to win now I'm desperately upset Maria didn't win. As we all know she's always my number 1 but now I'm realising she's my number 1 in terms of absolutely everything by so far its almost untrue :(

I'm so happy for Victoria to have her first Slam but it should never have been vs Maria, that's making it impossible to enjoy and what I feel for Maria and my support and passion for her is outweighing everything else.

That's my end on 'Dream Finals' as I know no there is infact no 'Dream Final' to be had out there, its the outcome of the Final itself that actually can become the 'Dream'
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2012, 12:38:22 PM »
I really felt bad for Maria, not because of the Rup finish but the manner in which it went down.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2012, 05:23:25 PM »
I really felt bad for Maria, not because of the Rup finish but the manner in which it went down.

That's why initially the win for Victoria didn't feel a quarter as good as it should for me and I had to just try and keep thinking of Victoria's 1st Slam and how it was amazing they both made the Final. But now its all sunk in even had it been a really tight 1 it would only have been complete and absolutely fantastic had it been Maria with the trophy. Maria's my number 1 andhas been for 9 years of my life and above just about everything else in it so its sooo toughwhen it all sinks in that Maria lost like that and still hasn't got that Grand Slam to complete the comeback from shoulder surgery :( :(

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2012, 05:48:16 AM »
Chris, first of all it's so good to see you posting again here. I hope you are well. as you know I don't follow the wta that much but I was cheering for Masha. it's too bad she lost although great win for Azarenka. the whole wta thing is so weird. I lost it. Kvitova, Li Na... I don't know who does what anymore. Anyway, so good to 'see ya'.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2012, 12:42:56 PM »
Chris, first of all it's so good to see you posting again here. I hope you are well. as you know I don't follow the wta that much but I was cheering for Masha. it's too bad she lost although great win for Azarenka. the whole wta thing is so weird. I lost it. Kvitova, Li Na... I don't know who does what anymore. Anyway, so good to 'see ya'.

Hey Alex, just a quick flying visit for me I think. I'm good tthanks mate, I hope you are too :) Your boy Djoko just goes from strength to strength, what an unbelievable person to go back to back 5 hour and 6 hour wins and beat 2 of the best in the game, unbelievable! Yeah the manner of Maria's defeat was just awful and very disappointing :( Up until then she had played so well and did fantastically to beat Kvitova in the semi's. Maria wasn't on her game and matches up unfavourably vs Victoria, while Vika was just on her game, moving better than ever and she quickly realised this was her time. In the Slams I see Victoria and Kvitova battling for a lot of them over the coming years. Maria is showing she's going no where is is going to be a huge threat. Wozniacki will keep battling for top ranking but struggle over 7 matches at a Slam. Serena I see as being back and a winner again at some point. Be interesting to see how Li goes defending her French as well as Stosur in NY.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2012, 02:50:45 AM »
Chris, I still think that Masha will win more slams. I think that she's been finding her way lately...if you know what I mean. She does need to play more often. She must wake up and simply play more tennis. I really don't understand it, it's like Serena. I really think they kinda got lazy. Guys seems to be so dedicated. Girls... I just don't know.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2012, 03:03:22 AM »
Chris, I still think that Masha will win more slams. I think that she's been finding her way lately...if you know what I mean. She does need to play more often. She must wake up and simply play more tennis. I really don't understand it, it's like Serena. I really think they kinda got lazy. Guys seems to be so dedicated. Girls... I just don't know.

Yeah Maria will definitely win more Slams I have no doubt Alex :) From the last 4 Slams she's been runner up twice and Semi's once so she is literally right there at the moment. Yeah some of the girls do play a slightly lighter schedule than the others and the men, but Maria is playing in Paris this week and then next it'll be Indian Wells. Maria knows now its all about getting ready for the next Slam and building towards that. Her ranking doesn't matter too much having been number 1 once its all about getting to the Slams in peak shape, fitness and form :) Although come Monday for me it will be pretty awesome to see Maria and Victoria as the 2 top players in the whole world :)