Author Topic: Djokovic's Goals for This Year.  (Read 2655 times)

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
Re: Djokovic's Goals for This Year.
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 07:20:06 PM »
I think Djokovic will be concentrating more on slams this year.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Djokovic's Goals for This Year.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 08:14:03 PM »
He has to concentrate on more than slams because he has a ton of points to defend or he will lose his no. 1 ranking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 06:50:53 AM »
Djokovic said he'll try to win everything but put more towards the slams.
Nothing out of the ordinary here, most players do the same.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 07:44:23 AM »
He has to concentrate on more than slams because he has a ton of points to defend or he will lose his no. 1 ranking.

right Dallas, he just won a major again. Nole will be fine. Novak is not losing his #1 any time soon. he is holding last 3 slams.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 07:59:48 AM »
He needs to do whatever he can to stay at the top of his game and avoid being physically beat down at the end of the year again.  Always interesting to see how players will approach that.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 08:56:01 AM »
He needs to do whatever he can to stay at the top of his game and avoid being physically beat down at the end of the year again.  Always interesting to see how players will approach that.

it's clear that djokovic doesn't plan his schedule as foolishly as rafa.......not sure how many remember this after his AO win but he rested for entire december, skipped doha, skipped sydney, just practiced at abu dhabi and walked straight into the AO after a 15 day rest and warm up.......had he played all the unnecessary stuff, he probably wouldn't have had 11 hours of fight in him just for the last two matches......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 09:14:34 AM »
he barely limped past nadal in a 6 hour match which nadal choked it away in the end.......how about focusing on the job than talking about it like this? CYGS + olympic gold is too much to aim at this point.......

More like, he beat Nadal who gave his everything, without even playing his top game on that day. And the only reason it went for 6 hours is because Novak choked the 4th, he practically gifted the 5th to Nadal. :) And you can bet he's focusing on the job, next stop, RG :)

how about saying that it was djokovic's best surface and rafa's worst? and what if nadal made that easy backhand at 4-2 30-15 in the fifth? djokovic's 2012 season would have lost half the gas already with the amount of points he defends.......so remember that djokovic barely hung onto his australian open.......

djokovic's performances before the FO, even if he wins every match up until then, all that still means nothing if he has nadal on the other side of the net in the roland garros.......he will have his task cut out like never before - which is trying to match nadal's finely tuned game in a best of 5 sets red clay match that could last for 7 hours under the sun if nadal allows it to go that far.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 09:56:28 AM »
We still have to see what Murray can bring to the table.
Already I've seen more determination and fight from him than I've seen since he beat Nadal at the '08 USO.
That's a long time ago.

Lendl is doing his things his way and Murray is listening.

I have a feeling there is more to come.

Hi Swish,i also have a feeling there is more to come from Murray this year.Lendl will know what's best for Murray.Nadal pushed a knacked Djokovic to 5 set's thanks to Murray,we just have to look @ Murray Djokovic SF,Murray touched the winning post but just did not quite cross the line this time.Lendl had next to no time with Murray @ this last Slam(Ozz),come the other Slams he will have had enough time to get Murray 100% right.Come the RG,no tennis player will want to be playing Murray.Lendl was very good on Clay & i think this will rub off on Murray come the next Slam.Alex Djokovic got the win by the skin of his teeth v Murray @ Ozz,don't think it was easy.To many on this forum think there are only Djokovic or Nadal that can win tennis,this is not the case any more.

Offline Richard Miller

• Tennis Player
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 10:19:56 AM »

how about saying that it was djokovic's best surface and rafa's worst? and what if nadal made that easy backhand at 4-2 30-15 in the fifth? djokovic's 2012 season would have lost half the gas already with the amount of points he defends.......so remember that djokovic barely hung onto his australian open.......

djokovic's performances before the FO, even if he wins every match up until then, all that still means nothing if he has nadal on the other side of the net in the roland garros.......he will have his task cut out like never before - which is trying to match nadal's finely tuned game in a best of 5 sets red clay match that could last for 7 hours under the sun if nadal allows it to go that far.......

Yea, we have seen last year how different surfaces meant a big deal, right? What-if means nothing, the whole tennis history could be rewritten if only some balls were in, or if some balls were out.

If Nadal allows it? Lol, until proven otherwise, Nadal is not the one who decides in these matches, it's all on Nole's racquet at the moment :)

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 05:24:58 PM »
I think his main goal will just be to stay on top form and be number 1 for as long as he can!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »
Sid, I don't think there is only Nole and Rafa. Murray is very strong. Novak had to fight very hard to win the AO this year. He was pushed so hard by both Murray and Nadal.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 01:15:33 PM »

right Dallas, he just won a major again. Nole will be fine. Novak is not losing his #1 any time soon. he is holding last 3 slams.

Wasn't it about 2 years ago that Nadal was holding 3 slams... Or about 3 or 4 years before that Roger was holding 3 slams...?  Holding 3 slams is no guarantee that you will stay #1.  Right now it looks like a lot of points he's leading - but it can go in a hurry.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »

[/quote
I do get your point but still don't see him losing #1 any time soon. I mean who is going to take it from him? Nole is the best player in the world. you may not like it but it is what it is.

Wasn't it about 2 years ago that Nadal was holding 3 slams... Or about 3 or 4 years before that Roger was holding 3 slams...?  Holding 3 slams is no guarantee that you will stay #1.  Right now it looks like a lot of points he's leading - but it can go in a hurry.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 12:17:52 PM »
No.... I do get it Alex.  And I do agree with you:  Right now - Nole IS the best player in the world.  Period.  No questions here.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 07:03:36 PM »
Sid, I don't think there is only Nole and Rafa. Murray is very strong. Novak had to fight very hard to win the AO this year. He was pushed so hard by both Murray and Nadal.

Alex you've missed the the point a bit on the SF( He was pushed so hard by both Murray and Nadal) Djokovic if he had not have played Murray,would have won the Final in 4 sets or less,Nadal also had the extra days rest on top of that.When Djokovic & Murray faced off thay both were 100% fresh & had nothing taken out of them.Nadal was now where near as strong as Djokovic & Murray @ Ozz this year.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »

AO level of play, how i saw it.

1) Djokovic
2) Murray
3) Nadal
4) Fed

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 07:48:35 PM »

1) Djokovic
2) Murray
3) Nadal
4) Fed

I agree with that 100% Swish.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »

1) Djokovic
2) Murray
3) Nadal
4) Fed

:rofl_2:

I knew you would.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2012, 07:54:16 PM »

Alex you've missed the the point a bit on the SF( He was pushed so hard by both Murray and Nadal) Djokovic if he had not have played Murray,would have won the Final in 4 sets or less,Nadal also had the extra days rest on top of that.When Djokovic & Murray faced off thay both were 100% fresh & had nothing taken out of them.Nadal was now where near as strong as Djokovic & Murray @ Ozz this year.
[/quote
no bud, I get it and I agree with you. ok, it was the longest match at the AO, but Novak could've finished the job in 4. Nadal was more rested, yet he lost. I still think that Murray was so close. great effort by Andy.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2012, 07:56:43 PM »

1) Djokovic
2) Murray
3) Nadal
4) Fed

:rofl_2:

I knew you would.