Poll

Who will win the Roland Garros 2012 Men's singles title?

Nadal
12 (41.4%)
Djokovic
8 (27.6%)
Federer
8 (27.6%)
Murray
1 (3.4%)
Del Potro
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 28, 2012, 11:07:08 AM

Author Topic: French Open 2012 - Final Pre-tournament Take  (Read 15960 times)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Re: French Open 2012 - First Take
« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2012, 01:44:32 PM »
In general this is a more knowledgable and friendly forum. I've never had the need to check out any other forum, I hardly read anything other than what is posted here, people are so nice here. i feel I belong here more so than any other forum....I don't think I am a registered member anywhere else either.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2012, 02:07:50 PM »
In general this is a more knowledgable and friendly forum. I've never had the need to check out any other forum, I hardly read anything other than what is posted here, people are so nice here. i feel I belong here more so than any other forum....I don't think I am a registered member anywhere else either.
this is my, by far, the favorite board. it feels like home. I started posted on MTF before I discovered tennis4you. I just can't stand when people attack one another just because they don't agree on a subject. some kids simply come to these big boards (MTF, TW etc) to simply release their frustrations by being evil to other posters. lot's of these guy actually know nothing about tennis but whatever.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2012, 03:28:21 PM »
I'm with you Falc.
Most of the folks here are decent, though some of my favs have left.
For the most part, it's a great group except for the owner.
I can't stand that guy!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2012, 03:46:48 PM »
I'm with you Falc.
I can't stand that guy!
MT, you forgot to mention that Nole is the best  :rofl_2:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2012, 04:13:02 PM »
I'm with you Falc.
I can't stand that guy!
MT, you forgot to mention that Nole is the best  :rofl_2:
:zipped: :zipped: :zipped:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2012, 04:26:28 PM »
I'm with you Falc.
I can't stand that guy!
hehe, Ii was wondering where Scott is. he hasn't posted anything for a while ... plus he is missing it out with our young star Nole no1  :))

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2012, 04:38:58 PM »
I'm with you Falc.
I can't stand that guy!
hehe, Ii was wondering where Scott is. he hasn't posted anything for a while ... plus he is missing it out with our young star Nole no1  :))
He's probably just sitting around the house waiting for those checks from T4U to come rolling in.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2012, 06:16:45 PM »

You are very cool.

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2012, 07:43:42 PM »

You are very cool.
meh, she is just this silly Spanish girl in love with Nadal  :)~:rofl_2:

No, she does not.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2012, 01:42:00 AM »
 :rofl_2: you guys are 'the cools'.
Alex, i am NOT spanish, I am NOT in love with rafa...he is nice though  :)

MT, I agree that a lot of our old guys have left, I miss their presence too, but this has only resulted in people like us posting lesser and lesser. That's not good for the forum.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2012, 03:49:02 AM »

MT, I agree that a lot of our old guys have left, I miss their presence too, but this has only resulted in people like us posting lesser and lesser. That's not good for the forum.
Exactly what do you mean by 'this'??? :confused1:
I don't understand what you mean.

Personally, I think some 'tennis' fans choose not to participate because of the incessant chattering and bickering of some fanboys.  With only a limited amount of time to check in here, I personally don't like having to wade through seemingly endless posts and threads by fanboys in search of interesting content.  As I stated before, I prefer quality over quantity.

But hey, that's just me.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »

OK

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2012, 11:52:27 AM »

Personally, I think some 'tennis' fans choose not to participate because of the incessant chattering and bickering of some fanboys.  With only a limited amount of time to check in here, I personally don't like having to wade through seemingly endless posts and threads by fanboys in search of interesting content.  As I stated before, I prefer quality over quantity.

But hey, that's just me.

I like quality but I also like a lot of passion in posts even at the expense of quality.

This means if someone says their player will destroy so and so, I like that even if it's pure fanboyism at work.

Then I can get where the poster is really coming from and what he feels about a player.

Things can get heated as many have a lot of feelings invested in a player, but this is important to have these kind of posts.

Posters can then have high or lows and not some straightjacket placed on their posting, it kills the passion.

Look at the fanboys of old, the posts where at an all time high, the main poster got banned and the posts dropped off the map. It was boring to say the least since and people left in droves.

But that's just how I see it from this side of the keyboard.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2012, 12:04:06 PM »

But hey, that's just me.

I like quality but I also like a lot of passion in posts even at the expense of quality.
This means if someone says their player will destroy so and so, I like that even if it's pure fanboyism at work.

Then I can get where the poster is really coming from and what he feels about a player.

Things can get heated as many have a lot of feelings invested in a player, but this is important to have these kind of posts.  
Posters can then have high or lows and not some straightjacket placed on their posting, it kills the passion.

Look at the fanboys of old, the posts where at an all time high, the main poster got banned and the posts dropped off the map. It was boring to say the least since and people left in droves.

I guess that's where we're different and it's really ok.

1.  I never sacrifice quality for quantity.
2.  To me, as a tennis fan (as opposed to a fanboy), it's not constructive discussion (or even fun) to have repetitive 'passionate' posts/threads.
3.  The only members I noticed leaving were fellow fanboys & girls who only participated in the mindless chatter.

It's fine if y'all like that stuff.
Just not my cup of tea.
Tedious to wade through the turds to find the diamonds.

Nole is Da Bess.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2012, 12:07:04 PM »

But hey, that's just me.

2.  To me, as a tennis fan (as opposed to a fanboy), it's not constructive discussion (or even fun) to have repetitive 'passionate' posts/threads.
3.  The only members I noticed leaving were fellow fanboys & girls who only participated in the mindless chatter.

Just not my cup of tea.

Nole is Da Bess.

All's good MT, everyone can't like the same things so I get your point.  :good:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »

But hey, that's just me.

Just not my cup of tea.

Nole is Da Bess.

Thank God for that there, eh?  Imagine if the world were full of retards that were only like me. :lmao:
At least there would be some shhhit gettin' done. :king:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2012, 12:13:58 PM »

But hey, that's just me.

Just not my cup of tea.

Nole is Da Bess.

Thank God for that there, eh?  Imagine if the world were full of retards that were only like me. :lmao:
At least there would be some shhhit gettin' done. :king:

That's one difference, I don't come here to get anything done, just have a good time.

But that's just how I'm wired.  :dunno:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2012, 12:34:43 PM »
Not talkin' 'bout here, just in general.

I come here for a bit of tennis news and talk tennis in general.

Never been much of a player fan though I did like watching Sampras play.
Wouldn't say I was a 'passionate' Pete fan though. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »
you can't force on a great conversations....they will just happen. I am sure I wasn't like this when I was 12 though  :rofl_2:

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2012, 03:12:49 PM »
you can't force on a great conversations....they will just happen. I am sure I wasn't like this when I was 12 though  :rofl_2:

Yes Falcon, thanks.