Poll

Who will win the Roland Garros 2012 Men's singles title?

Nadal
12 (41.4%)
Djokovic
8 (27.6%)
Federer
8 (27.6%)
Murray
1 (3.4%)
Del Potro
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 28, 2012, 11:07:08 AM

Author Topic: French Open 2012 - Final Pre-tournament Take  (Read 17402 times)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Re: French Open 2012 - First Take
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2012, 06:55:22 PM »
:rofl_2: you guys are 'the cools'.
Alex, i am NOT spanish, I am NOT in love with rafa...he is nice though  :)

MT, I agree that a lot of our old guys have left, I miss their presence too, but this has only resulted in people like us posting lesser and lesser. That's not good for the forum.
Exactly what do you mean by 'this'??? :confused1:
I don't understand what you mean.

Personally, I think some 'tennis' fans choose not to participate because of the incessant chattering and bickering of some fanboys.  With only a limited amount of time to check in here, I personally don't like having to wade through seemingly endless posts and threads by fanboys in search of interesting content.  As I stated before, I prefer quality over quantity.

But hey, that's just me.

I like quality but I also like a lot of passion in posts even at the expense of quality.
This means if someone says their player will destroy so and so, I like that even if it's pure fanboyism at work.

Then I can get where the poster is really coming from and what he feels about a player.

Things can get heated as many have a lot of feelings invested in a player, but this is important to have these kind of posts.  
Posters can then have high or lows and not some straightjacket placed on their posting, it kills the passion.

Look at the fanboys of old, the posts where at an all time high, the main poster got banned and the posts dropped off the map. It was boring to say the least since and people left in droves.

But that's just how I see it from this side of the keyboard.
I guess that's where we're different and it's really ok.

1.  I never sacrifice quality for quantity.
2.  To me, as a tennis fan (as opposed to a fanboy), it's not constructive discussion (or even fun) to have repetitive 'passionate' posts/threads.
3.  The only members I noticed leaving were fellow fanboys & girls who only participated in the mindless chatter.

It's fine if y'all like that stuff.
Just not my cup of tea.
Tedious to wade through the turds to find the diamonds.

Nole is Da Bess.

This be madd interesting yo's. I started watching tennis after I started playing tennis for a year, so I was always itneresting in watching the game to learn and enjoyed all the technicalities and matchups etc. And I joined this forum for the videos section and I watched the videos to learn and learn I did, I played a lot and learned a lot and I loved the game. I was also probably a lot more neutral back then.

But over the past two years a combination of things have happened. The first tennis match I ever watched live was the 2005 USO final between Federer and Agassi. Needless to say, I liked the way Federer played, didn't hurt that there's a LOT to learn from him and he's about the best there is if you want to watch clean tennis. I learnt my one handed backhand from him, my service motion, and probably a little of my forehadn as well. Naturally I enjoyed watching certain players. I wasn't a Federer fanatic and often watched with even and often more support even against Federer for guys like Blake, Ancic, Baghdatis, Nalbandian and Roddick. Then I started to play less and less. Then there was a rough patch of over dramatic fan-boys here who just pissed me off to no end and for the most part they were anti-Federer, and I consciously and unconsciouly started defending Federer more and more to the point where I am probably easily one of the Federer fanatics on the board. So playing less and being on the boards kinda molded me into fan-boy mode.

And you know what, I like Federer. It doesn't hurt that his game is still very enjoyable, relatable for me, the times are more interesting now than they have ever been because he's no longer just strolling through the garden (i am not like Dallas in this way) and it has only made me a bigger fan and have more of an emotional connection to the game and Federer in particular that he struggles now, he has problems, he has to fight, he shows emotions, there's ups and downs.. hey it's like Indian Cricket all over again - I am sure there are American sports analogies as well. And yeah.

But still, I enjoy watching any two players play to see the beauty of tennis. I can enjoy the game regardless of who's playing and I don't need to bash and put down every player who plays against my favourite players, and I have plenty of players I enjoy watching and my respect for the game has only gone up.

And do  I need to mention that I am itching to get back on the court and prove to myself that I am still a tennis player and not just an ex-player-current-fanboy?

All in all, I like Swish's viewpoint. Much like swish himself, I like the fact that he likes Del Potro, he is a fan of Del Potro and supports him and is interested in his success but doesn't make him any less a quality poster or knowledgeable poster than someone like yourself, Monster, who don't necessarily subscribe to particular players.

again, interesting topic and made me think about the changes I have gone through over the years.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2012, 07:00:57 PM »
:rofl_2: you guys are 'the cools'.
Alex, i am NOT spanish, I am NOT in love with rafa...he is nice though  :)

MT, I agree that a lot of our old guys have left, I miss their presence too, but this has only resulted in people like us posting lesser and lesser. That's not good for the forum.
Exactly what do you mean by 'this'??? :confused1:
I don't understand what you mean.

Personally, I think some 'tennis' fans choose not to participate because of the incessant chattering and bickering of some fanboys.  With only a limited amount of time to check in here, I personally don't like having to wade through seemingly endless posts and threads by fanboys in search of interesting content.  As I stated before, I prefer quality over quantity.

But hey, that's just me.

The 'this' here means that we lost a lot of posters and that resulted in lesser and lesser threads being created. There seemed to be nothing to talk about. Of course, I don't subscribe to threads being created just to show your fanaticism, but no harm in some fun.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2012, 10:57:13 AM »
alex some of those ejaculites of the lost world at ejacustan (aka the asylum, aka GM) are bitter fools who dont know any better. all they want is cheap, petty verbal confrontations. they exist only to blindly hate somebody again in the morning.

this place has its own charm so i will be enjoying hanging out here also.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2012, 01:08:14 PM »
alex some of those ejaculites of the lost world at ejacustan (aka the asylum, aka GM) are bitter fools who dont know any better. all they want is cheap, petty verbal confrontations. they exist only to blindly hate somebody again in the morning.

this place has its own charm so i will be enjoying hanging out here also.

I'd love that  :))

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »
I take monster's POV here.

Kind of piggy-backing on swish's sentiment, monster, swish, and I have been through some good times and some hard times together, and we all came through it a'ight. :good:

I've also been wonder, has anyone other than FedFanF noticed that he and I haven't had nary a bad word between us in more than 3 weeks, and we are actually responding to each other's posts not ignoring one another?  :good:

Finally, falcon, it's "fewer and fewer" not "lesser and lesser." 4 point deduction from an otherwise perfect post. 46/50  :)~
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2012, 02:02:24 PM »
Smart ass, atleast I speak a bit of english if not much. Consider the fact that I know 5 languages  :rofl_2:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2012, 02:25:31 PM »
Smart ass, atleast I speak a bit of english if not much. Consider the fact that I know 5 languages  :rofl_2:

I doubt it! Let's put that to a test.

आप एक सुंदर व्यक्ति के अंदर और बाहर हैं.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2012, 02:52:15 PM »

:rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2012, 02:59:52 PM »

I couldn't make sense of your sentence construction Pawan, I doubt it if you know hindi  :rofl_2: May be I should talk in telugu with you? Em antaru tamaru?  :)~

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2012, 03:02:01 PM »

I couldn't make sense of your sentence construction Pawan, I doubt it if you know hindi  :rofl_2: May be I should talk in telugu with you? Em antaru tamaru?  :)~

You are right Falcon.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2012, 03:15:20 PM »
you guys are crazy. too funny  :rofl_2:. I think I'll start posting in French  :)~. anyway, where the hell is Scott? I think he can speak fluent Chinese  :)~ :rofl_2:

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2012, 04:13:51 PM »
you guys are crazy. too funny  :rofl_2:. I think I'll start posting in French  :)~. anyway, where the hell is Scott? I think he can speak fluent Chinese  :)~ :rofl_2:

I do not understand.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »

I do not understand.
OK, let me try to explain. Scott is the owner of this site. again, we are just kidding...

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2012, 05:12:33 PM »

I do not understand.
OK, let me try to explain. Scott is the owner of this site. again, we are just kidding...

Now I understand. Thank you Alex, you are the best.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2012, 05:20:22 PM »
and what are they? Hindu 1, Hindu 2, a bit of English, Canadian?   :rofl_2:.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2012, 05:37:48 PM »
btw, you don't know 5 languages, you speak 5 languages  :)

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2012, 07:07:09 PM »
alex just worry about your broken english and leave falcon alone or else i will drop the hammer. :)>>>>

and then you will have problems with what limited english you  know. you will be reduced to stuttering. :))

i just need my black label as soon as RG is over.

and you will get your chivas regal if the great serbian slayer gets chopped up in the final.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:08:46 PM by Clay Death »
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »
and what are they? Hindu 1, Hindu 2, a bit of English, Canadian?   :rofl_2:.

No, they are Hindu, Christian, Islam, Buddhism and Jew.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2012, 07:33:07 PM »
I guess if you 'know' all 5 as well as you 'know' english......

j/k Falc.  I've always considered the ability to communicate with others on their terms an admirable trait!!!

Have you learnttt Canadian yet? :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »
I guess if you 'know' all 5 as well as you 'know' english......

j/k Falc.  I've always considered the ability to communicate with others on their terms an admirable trait!!!

Have you learnttt Canadian yet? :))

Thanks MT, Candian is still strange but yes, now I do get get along fine  :)