Poll

Who will win the Roland Garros 2012 Men's singles title?

Nadal
12 (41.4%)
Djokovic
8 (27.6%)
Federer
8 (27.6%)
Murray
1 (3.4%)
Del Potro
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 28, 2012, 11:07:08 AM

Author Topic: French Open 2012 - Final Pre-tournament Take  (Read 17128 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: French Open 2012 - First Take
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2012, 09:03:17 PM »
Rafa doesn't expect easy French win over Nole

Asked if he thinks he could beat Novak Djokovic at this year's French Open without dropping a set, Rafael Nadal, who has lost to the Serb in their last seven meetings—all finals—says he wouldn't expect another easy win. The Spaniard did not drop a set to Djokovic in their previous three French Open meetings. Djokovic, who toppled Nadal in clay-court finals in Rome and Madrid last year, lost to Roger Federer in last year's French Open semifinals.
"I don't expect winning straight sets in the third round, so I not gonna expect a win against Djokovic in three sets, especially when he beat me in, I don't know, seven times in a row," Nadal said. "That's the real thing today."

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2012, 10:05:14 PM »

Asked if he thinks he could beat Novak Djokovic at this year's French Open without dropping a set, Rafael Nadal, who has lost to the Serb in their last seven meetings—all finals—says he wouldn't expect another easy win. The Spaniard did not drop a set to Djokovic in their previous three French Open meetings. Djokovic, who toppled Nadal in clay-court finals in Rome and Madrid last year, lost to Roger Federer in last year's French Open semifinals.
"I don't expect winning straight sets in the third round, so I not gonna expect a win against Djokovic in three sets, especially when he beat me in, I don't know, seven times in a row," Nadal said. "That's the real thing today."

I don't see this as news...  Rafa never expects to beat anyone anywhere, that's just Rafa. and for once he is actually being realistic and not just pushing the humble-modesty to annoying extremes.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »
clay warrior will fix it all on clay.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2012, 11:00:15 AM »

I don't see this as news...  Rafa never expects to beat anyone anywhere, that's just Rafa. and for once he is actually being realistic and not just pushing the humble-modesty to annoying extremes.

He says he doesn't, I don't believe it.

Good he's speaking out more but also with that comes criticism.

It seems there's a little rift between him and Fed, kind of subtle but there.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2012, 11:04:11 AM »
rafa fakes a lot but that's far better than taking sour butt jibes like federer at the opponents.......i don't think rafa really believes fed is the best of all time which he repeats like a parrot everywhere he goes......he just likes being grounded......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Nole nº1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2012, 11:56:09 AM »
rafa fakes a lot but that's far better than taking sour butt jibes like federer at the opponents.......i don't think rafa really believes fed is the best of all time which he repeats like a parrot everywhere he goes......he just likes being grounded......

Yes.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »

I agree.

Offline Nole nº1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #247 on: March 19, 2012, 10:31:36 AM »

I agree.

I too.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2012, 10:35:31 AM »

I agree.

I too.

I three.

Online ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2012, 11:08:44 AM »

I agree.

I too.

I three.

I Four :)~
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Nole nº1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #250 on: March 19, 2012, 11:16:32 AM »

I agree.

I too.

I three.

Very funny guys. :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #251 on: March 19, 2012, 12:00:03 PM »

I agree.

I too.

I three.

Very funny guys. :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

:rofl_2:

Remember the embedded smilies that went on forever?
Sid used to like that if I  remember correctly.  :ice cream:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #252 on: March 19, 2012, 12:38:40 PM »
i five

:coffee:
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #253 on: March 19, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »
I six  :))

we'll see. again I think it's too early to discuss RG. sure Rafa is a favorite to win, based on his previous results, but there are too many other things involved.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #254 on: March 19, 2012, 12:54:25 PM »
it's definitely not too early to keep the bottles ready, alex......i have already stocked a 2 litre fruit beer bottle for emma......

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #255 on: March 19, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
it's definitely not too early to keep the bottles ready, alex......i have already stocked a 2 litre fruit beer bottle for emma......

:rofl_2: good one Shank. the only problem is that she is nowhere to be found. darn girls playing hard to get... oh well, she'll show up eventually  :innocent:

Offline Nole nº1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #256 on: March 19, 2012, 01:04:14 PM »

:rofl_2: good one Shank. the only problem is that she is nowhere to be found. darn girls playing hard to get... oh well, she'll show up eventually  :innocent:

I agree.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #257 on: March 19, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »

we know she will.......but if we say she will, she might not.......but again if she thinks that we have influenced her not to show up, then she might actually show up.......

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #258 on: March 19, 2012, 01:35:27 PM »

I agree.

Are these "I agree." and "Ok" and "Yes" posts really necessary? Generally, when you read a thread, unless you have something meaningful to discuss and to add or something meaningful to discuss and counter an argument or a point, it is understood that you are ok with everything, you don't need to respond to every single post even when it has nothing to do with you. Do you know who Emma is? Do you know what "bottles" these two posters are talking about? Do you know what the joke is or what they are referring to? What exactly are you agreeing to?

Do you see anyone else posting replies with things like "Ok" "Yes" "I agree" or repeating the same exact thing in every post they make? I don't think so. You have some good information to share, be smart about it and share it and we'll all agree with you and have useful conversations. I look forward to the wealth of information you have even if it is just about Djokovic, and I look forward to having fun interesting and gasp even intellectual conversations with you. Do your posts "Ok" "Yes" "I agree" fall under fun, intellectual, progressive, or anything? I don't think so. I hope you agree.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #259 on: March 19, 2012, 01:37:22 PM »
i agree.....  :rofl_2: