Poll

Who will win the Roland Garros 2012 Men's singles title?

Nadal
12 (41.4%)
Djokovic
8 (27.6%)
Federer
8 (27.6%)
Murray
1 (3.4%)
Del Potro
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 28, 2012, 11:07:08 AM

Author Topic: French Open 2012 - Final Pre-tournament Take  (Read 16259 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: French Open 2012 - First Take
« Reply #280 on: March 21, 2012, 05:38:12 AM »
he's okay for now, monster......he has stopped creating threads, he seems to be a good kid......
Shank, you know it's bad when MsTree complains over in the video section.

But hey, if the general pop here wants to wade through this rubbish I say have at it.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #281 on: March 21, 2012, 06:48:33 AM »
I agree, Djokovic is still "2.0" or whatever you name it.

Last year, he could've lost to Murray (on clay), to Nadal in Miami, to Federer at the USO.

You can't judge Djokovic's form solely on his winning steak or his losses. He played the best (arguably) two matches of his life just a month ago.........

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:50:06 AM by Bazcovic »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #282 on: March 21, 2012, 06:53:38 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, Nole is still on the ascendancy.
Doesn't bode well for the remainder of the ATP. :scared:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #283 on: March 21, 2012, 10:20:54 AM »

Last year, he could've lost to Murray (on clay), to Nadal in Miami, to Federer at the USO.

You can't judge Djokovic's form solely on his winning steak or his losses. He played the best (arguably) two matches of his life just a month ago.........

it's the way he's winning these days if you want to look at it that way.......he barely got by murray and nadal in the AO as compared to last year's steamroll to the title.......he lost to murray on a  fast court and isner on a slow court.......

a fact which many of us might not yet have realized - djokovic won just 1 title in the last 7 months.......he looks slower, less consistent and very beatable this year.......all that was expected anyway.......

it is just not possible to keep up that AO-USO level of 2011......it is extremely physical to persist with for a long period of time.......i have a feeling that he might completely go off the boil unable to keep up with the pressure of defending everywhere.......

miami, belgrade, rome, madrid, french open semis, wimbledon.......that's one hell of a defense and he's not as strong as nadal physically.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #284 on: March 21, 2012, 10:23:34 AM »

it's the way he's winning these days if you want to look at it that way.......he barely got by murray and nadal in the AO as compared to last year's steamroll to the title.......he lost to murray on a  fast court and isner on a slow court.......

a fact which many of us might not yet have realized - djokovic won just 1 title in the last 7 months.......he looks slower, less consistent and very beatable this year.......all that was expected anyway.......

it is just not possible to keep up that AO-USO level of 2011......it is extremely physical to persist with for a long period of time.......i have a feeling that he might completely go off the boil unable to keep up with the pressure of defending everywhere.......

miami, belgrade, rome, madrid, french open semis, wimbledon.......that's one hell of a defense and he's not as strong as nadal physically.......

Should make for an interesting summer.  I want to see him do well at the FO so we can see a Nadal / Nole FO final, I think that could be sweet. 

Nole gets tougher in the 5 set matches, just like the other guys like Nadal and Fed.  Much easier to snag a set or two off of those guys than it is 3!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #285 on: March 21, 2012, 10:31:44 AM »

Should make for an interesting summer.  I want to see him do well at the FO so we can see a Nadal / Nole FO final, I think that could be sweet. 

Nole gets tougher in the 5 set matches, just like the other guys like Nadal and Fed.  Much easier to snag a set or two off of those guys than it is 3!!!

i would like to see their final as well, but i doubt it now.......he might go off mentally.......djokovic will have to sacrifice(tank) a few tournaments in order to be in top condition mentally and physically for the french.......maybe target just belgrade and rome before the FO so that he is not too spent by the time of the slam.......

nadal used to defend his set of clay titles year after year but even that took some doing despite nadal's clay abilities.......i don't think djokovic is that strong physically or mentally....... 

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2012, 07:49:05 AM »
Nadal 12 (46.2%) Djokovic 7 (26.9%) Federer 6 (23.1%) Murray 1 (3.8%) Del Potro 0 (0%) Other 0 (0%)

6 votes to djokovic, and 0 to nadal not so long ago...... :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:49:49 AM by Start da Game »

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2012, 09:45:02 AM »

i would like to see their final as well, but i doubt it now.......he might go off mentally.......djokovic will have to sacrifice(tank) a few tournaments in order to be in top condition mentally and physically for the french.......maybe target just belgrade and rome before the FO so that he is not too spent by the time of the slam.......

nadal used to defend his set of clay titles year after year but even that took some doing despite nadal's clay abilities.......i don't think djokovic is that strong physically or mentally....... 

Maybe Nole has already tanked some, who knows.  His level last year was amazing, just because the calender year has changed doesn't mean he will be any better or worse.  His schedule should be telling, he has 2 majors to play right around the corner, gonna be exciting, especially with Fed playing well and Murray's new coach and confidence.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #288 on: March 25, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »
yeah we could assume that he's playing it carefully around the slams.......but still i don't think he is as good as last year, it was never going to be easy to keep up with that level of physical style.......he loses points every match he loses until french open semis.......that must be pressure.......

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #289 on: March 25, 2012, 12:55:02 PM »
(a fact which many of us might not yet have realized - djokovic won just 1 title in the last 7 months.......he looks slower, less consistent and very beatable this year.......all that was expected anyway)

Maybe Shank some of the guys he has lost to have stepped up there game abit to from last year.Me i still think for all other tennis players he the main one to beat ATM.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:56:16 PM by sid »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »
out of all the top 5 murray seems to be the one with least problems playing djokovic.......i think we are in for interesting matches between them on clay.......we will see what djokovic can do in miami, sid.......

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2012, 01:13:04 PM »
Murray came so close v Nole @ Ozz,Clay I'm looking forward to cos Murray has Lendl this year.We all know what Nadal & Djokovic can do,Roger been hot this year so far.Come the Slams it could be the top 4 fighting it out again this year,well i hope so,the fans want the best tennis players v each other in the big ones.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #292 on: March 25, 2012, 01:14:09 PM »
(a fact which many of us might not yet have realized - djokovic won just 1 title in the last 7 months.......he looks slower, less consistent and very beatable this year.......all that was expected anyway)

Maybe Shank some of the guys he has lost to have stepped up there game abit to from last year.Me i still think for all other tennis players he the main one to beat ATM.

But the last match Djokovic played against Baghdatis.
He looked very sharp at times and was stable through tough rallies.
His game is very close to his best again at least in that match.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #293 on: March 25, 2012, 01:23:37 PM »
he will be on and off like that......

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #294 on: March 25, 2012, 04:50:38 PM »

cut the crap and lets get back on topic.

we were on the topic of my 12 year old scotch. we need to raise enough money so we can send it to alex. he will be owing me a bottle of scotch after the clay warrior takes no-djok to school in paris.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #295 on: March 25, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »
we'll see guys. I don't really care if Nole wins Miami or not... again it's not that important. sure, I hope he will.  Shank, you are making a big mistake when you underestimate Djokovic, saying he is not as  good as last year etc... but bud, suit yourself... I'm still laughing at these threads... oh Nadal was close, oh Murray was close... right. THEY LOST, can you comprehend that?

Herc, I will send you a bottle of scotch one way or another.  :)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2012, 07:07:44 PM »
we'll see guys. I don't really care if Nole wins Miami or not... again it's not that important. sure, I hope he will.  Shank, you are making a big mistake when you underestimate Djokovic, saying he is not as  good as last year etc... but bud, suit yourself... I'm still laughing at these threads... oh Nadal was close, oh Murray was close... right. THEY LOST, can you comprehend that?

(I don't really care if Nole wins Miami or not)that's not the truth Alex,your want Nole to win all he plays in.Nole won here last year so your want him to defend his points for a start.You can dismiss Murray but deep down you know Andy can beat Nole sometimes.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #297 on: March 25, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »

(I don't really care if Nole wins Miami or not)that's not the truth Alex,your want Nole to win all he plays in.Nole won here last year so your want him to defend his points for a start.You can dismiss Murray but deep down you know Andy can beat Nole sometimes.
Sid, sure as a Nole fan, I want him to win everything, but again it's not that important. and again too much talk about defending points etc. he is clearly the best player in the world. he can pick up points here and there...

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #298 on: March 26, 2012, 12:58:36 AM »
i have to agree with alex here folks. world #1 is a world #1. how can you contest them apples?

innocent until proven guilty. he is the king until somebody is actually able to show enough balls to knock him off the top of the mountain.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #299 on: March 26, 2012, 12:18:07 PM »
this roland garros is the most anticipated slam in recent years......