Poll

Who will win the Roland Garros 2012 Men's singles title?

Nadal
12 (41.4%)
Djokovic
8 (27.6%)
Federer
8 (27.6%)
Murray
1 (3.4%)
Del Potro
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 28, 2012, 11:07:08 AM

Author Topic: French Open 2012 - Final Pre-tournament Take  (Read 17186 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: French Open 2012 - First Take
« Reply #320 on: April 24, 2012, 03:28:45 PM »
so......who's winning roland garros now? we need more votes......
Nadal probably ... although Djokovic will be there too... after this defeat in MC I'm not so sure that Nole can win RG. Sure, anything is possible, but I don't see it. I'd be very happy to see both Nole and Rafa in the final.

yes it's very difficult for djokovic, alex.......firstly he hasn't even made a final yet and secondly there are potentially 3 players who could stop him even before facing nadal in the final.......

however we can say that he has the most chance after nadal.......it's just the way it is.......fed has near zero chance and murray has -1 chance.......juan martin dp could surprise a lot of people in this tournament if he takes care of his fitness and gets ready for the event.......

best of five sets, high bounce fast red clay, sunny day.......those are the conditions in which nadal was born to   
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »
Nadal probably ... although Djokovic will be there too... after this defeat in MC I'm not so sure that Nole can win RG. Sure, anything is possible, but I don't see it. I'd be very happy to see both Nole and Rafa in the final.

yes it's very difficult for djokovic, alex.......firstly he hasn't even made a final yet and secondly there are potentially 3 players who could stop him even before facing nadal in the final.......

however we can say that he has the most chance after nadal.......it's just the way it is.......fed has near zero chance and murray has -1 chance.......juan martin dp could surprise a lot of people in this tournament if he takes care of his fitness and gets ready for the event.......

best of five sets, high bounce fast red clay, sunny day.......those are the conditions in which nadal was born to

True, but Djokovic will reverse this,. He will win RG and Olympics.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2012, 05:58:05 PM »

I can't argue with you here, I can only hope that Djokovic will find some strength to fight and win RG, although I'm not  so sure ... we'll see ...

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #323 on: April 24, 2012, 06:20:06 PM »

I can't argue with you here, I can only hope that Djokovic will find some strength to fight and win RG, although I'm not  so sure ... we'll see ...

I agree with you Alex, only the future will tell what will happen in tennis. It's all unpredictable.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #324 on: April 24, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »

general shanks in da club.

whaz shaking general?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2012, 11:41:43 AM »
can't wait for the FO, alex......

what's up hercules? been a bit busy today, next week is going to be hectic for me......our team is scheduled for a business travel to mumbai......as you might be knowing the weather's just too unpleasant there during this time of the year......
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:42:40 AM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #327 on: April 25, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »
can't wait for the FO, alex......

what's up hercules? been a bit busy today, next week is going to be hectic for me......our team is scheduled for a business travel to mumbai......as you might be knowing the weather's just too unpleasant there during this time of the year......
Shank, same here. It might sounds strange, coming from a Nole fan, but I think it's a good thing Nole lost to Nadal at MC (aside his personal problems, I absolutely don't offer any excuses regardless of Nole losing his grandpa). You see, I simply like good rivalry ... I've never liked Rafa/Rog match up. As much as I love Nole, he needs to lose some matches and refocus ... sure, I'd love to see Djokovic winning RG (as his fan), but not sure it's gonna happen ... Rafa is still too good on clay ... who knows, maybe draw opens up and Fed wins RG this year  :rofl_2:... RG 2012 is definitely one of the most anticipated slams in tennis history... (Am I exaggerating here?)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #328 on: April 25, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
i think RG '12 has now gone down a notch in the anticipation level, alex.......there's a sense of settlement in the nadal camp and djokovic looks beatable.......i have been saying it since AO but nobody believed it......forget about fed, he's never winning it again......

i like you as a top quality djoko fan but i have to speak truth at the same time.......he seems to be feeling the pressure finally.......just now i read on tennis dot com that djoker is skipping his home tournament......you can clearly see that he is just not as intense as he was last year.......

it was all expected anyway.......but for purely tennis reasons, i too want to see a nadal - djokovic final at roland garros......can djokovic get to the final? we will see......

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #329 on: April 25, 2012, 12:14:26 PM »
yes about the rivalry, surely this one is better than rafa - fed which was a NID one sided show almost every single time rafa was fit and ready for the match......

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #330 on: April 25, 2012, 12:26:10 PM »
shank, I think we'll have a better idea after Madrid and Rome ... but (even as a Nole fan), I don't think he will def. Rafa at RG. not this year... of course I hope I'm wrong .... and I'm not saying this because of MC ... it's just that Rafa is freaking incredible on clay ... well, let the best man win.... that's all I can say.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #331 on: April 25, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »
general shanks and general alex in da house.

vamoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooose.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #332 on: April 29, 2012, 06:24:34 AM »
what's up hercules, alex and djokovic champion? i am having my evening tea along with samosa snack......it's been a hectic week and am going to mumbai tomorrow.......i think i will see you all again only after one week......

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #333 on: April 29, 2012, 06:27:23 AM »
it looks like rafa is winning barcelona and is also very keen to win madrid and rome......there's a one week rest before madrid so he will give his best for that event as well......

such a shame they pushed rome to last in the clay series and playing it back to back with madrid which is a joke clay event......

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #334 on: April 29, 2012, 06:31:59 AM »
it looks like rafa is winning barcelona and is also very keen to win madrid and rome......there's a one week rest before madrid so he will give his best for that event as well......

such a shame they pushed rome to last in the clay series and playing it back to back with madrid which is a joke clay event......

In Madrid and Rome Nadal is normal. He is not invencible.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #335 on: April 29, 2012, 06:36:59 AM »

madrid is just a crapshoot outing, djokovic champion.......the surface is strange out there, risky stuff with all the sliding issues and we can't be sure about players' performances.......better to forget madrid.......but nadal is hard to stop in rome if he keeps his fitness intact......

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #336 on: April 29, 2012, 06:46:50 AM »

madrid is just a crapshoot outing, djokovic champion.......the surface is strange out there, risky stuff with all the sliding issues and we can't be sure about players' performances.......better to forget madrid.......but nadal is hard to stop in rome if he keeps his fitness intact......

In Rome, Nadal is better than in Madrid, but he is not unbeatable in Rome.

Offline m1012Bet

• New Poster
« Reply #337 on: May 01, 2012, 02:26:07 PM »
Nadal. He is the man

Online Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #338 on: May 01, 2012, 06:17:32 PM »
Nadal. He is the man

Negative.

Djokovic and Federer are bests of Nadal.

Offline foaquin

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #339 on: May 01, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »
Nadal. He is the man

Negative.

Djokovic and Federer are bests of Nadal.

Negative.  Nadal is THE MAN