Poll

Who will win the Roland Garros 2012 Men's singles title?

Nadal
12 (41.4%)
Djokovic
8 (27.6%)
Federer
8 (27.6%)
Murray
1 (3.4%)
Del Potro
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 28, 2012, 11:07:08 AM

Author Topic: French Open 2012 - Final Pre-tournament Take  (Read 16205 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
it's hard to believe that this year madrid 1000, rome 1000 and roland garros are being played without any gap in between.......has it ever happened in the history? i say it's ridiculous.......have the administrators gone totally mad? how the hell can you conduct a masters 1000 event the week before the slam?
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
breathe for a second sitting in court philippe chatrier........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
it's hard to believe that this year madrid 1000, rome 1000 and roland garros are being played without any gap in between.......has it ever happened in the history? i say it's ridiculous.......have the administrators gone totally mad? how the hell can you conduct a masters 1000 event the week before the slam?
? It's just like last year: Rome finishes on May, the 20th, and Roland Garros starts on the 27th.

breathe for a second sitting in court philippe chatrier........

Nice. I suppose it is from the 2010 final ?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:46:16 AM by Pamqnx »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
yeah, RG seems to be from 27th thankfully.......i saw in the tournament website that it's starting on 22nd......those might be the qualifying rounds......

yes it's from 2010 final......

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
vamoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosss general shanks.

PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
vamos hercules.......10 more days till the grandest of all slams.......i can already feel frauderacione francais de tenis pulling their hair and spending sleepless nights thinking of anti-rafa solutions.......

i say just arrange a bad bathroom slip and be done with it.......ultra fast courts, babolat anti spin balls, rowdy crowd, what next? why pull your hair for something which is never going to work.......

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
affirmative.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
qualifying starts tomorrow (if weather improves, it's almost autumn in southwest europe, lot of rain and wind) with players like Sergei Bubka, Dustin Brown, Marc Gicquel or Stephane Robert, who defeated Berdych in the 1st round last year.

wildcards to:
Brian BAKER (USA)*
Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA)
Jonathan DASNIERES DE VEIGY (FRA)
Lleyton HEWITT (AUS)*
Adrian MANNARINO (FRA)
Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA)
Eric PRODON (FRA)
Guillaume RUFIN (FRA)

* An agreement between the FFT and the Australian and US Tennis Federations means that one wild-card is awarded in both the men's and women's singles to a player from each of these countries.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
i see several wild cards wasted.......they should give them to young and promising players than old faded out ones like hewitt, mathieu, clement who don't promise anything more than a 1st of 2nd rd showing.......

mannarino is a good pick but again who the hell is brian baker and what has he done on clay?

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
Re: French Open 2012 - First Take - Revised Thoughts & Last Minute Calls
« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »
affirmative.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
i see several wild cards wasted.......they should give them to young and promising players than old faded out ones like hewitt, mathieu, clement who don't promise anything more than a 1st of 2nd rd showing.......

mannarino is a good pick but again who the hell is brian baker and what has he done on clay?

Baker deserves the wild-card..few years back( in 2004-2005-06), everyone thought he was the next big star in tennis..but poor guy had so many injuries..he couldn't play tennis regularly due to that..
but recently he's been playing a lot of qualifiers & has been performing extremely good in them..
Therefore, he got the USTA's Wildcard for Roland garros.:)

more info here : http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120519/SPORTS11/305190027/Former-tennis-prodigy-Brian-Baker-resumes-his-career-by-making-French-Open
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
French Open 2012 - First Take - Revised Thoughts & Last Minute Calls
« Reply #411 on: May 22, 2012, 08:07:35 AM »
This thread is just for "pre tournament " talk. We will open the "official" French Open thread this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #412 on: May 22, 2012, 10:22:18 AM »
affirmative.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #413 on: May 23, 2012, 07:16:03 PM »
Rafa is playing with a lot of confidence, especially after those two wins against Novak during the clay season. I am extremely excited for the French Open to start. Can any one stop Rafa?

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #414 on: May 23, 2012, 07:37:07 PM »
Rafa is playing with a lot of confidence, especially after those two wins against Novak during the clay season. I am extremely excited for the French Open to start. Can any one stop Rafa?
Serena will  :)~

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #415 on: May 23, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
Serena will  :)~

Lol, you probably are right.

when does the draw come out. Any one want to take a guess on whether Federer will be on Rafas section or Djokovics?  I feel that Fed and Djoker will be on the same side again.

How will Andy Murray do? Will Delpo be a factor this time?  Will the big guys Raonic and Isner cause some upsets?

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #416 on: May 23, 2012, 08:12:51 PM »
not sure about the draw. we are both being lazy. it's probably on their site. I really don't think that Raonic or Isner can do anything on clay at RG. I guess we are stuck with Djokovic, Nadal and Fed in semis, again ... not sure about Murray ... it would be nice if he makes it too but he is unpredictable nowadays ...

Djoko will probably try hard, not sure if it's gonna be enough. Nadal is still so strong on clay. somehow, I hope that Roger will wake up  :). don't know, we are all just speculating here 

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #417 on: May 23, 2012, 08:35:01 PM »

I just checked the french open site and the draw will be available on  friday.

I agree with you on Murray and wish that he starts playing well again. I think he made it to the Semis last year, and he needs to back up his results.

I wonder how the courts will be playing this time around. I thought they played fast last year.   

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #418 on: May 23, 2012, 10:12:52 PM »
murray has some back issues that may resurface.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #419 on: May 24, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
murray has some back issues that may resurface.

Word is Ivan Lendl been working Murray real hard,i wonder if this is why Murray has back issues?