Poll

Who will win the Roland Garros 2012 Men's singles title?

Nadal
12 (41.4%)
Djokovic
8 (27.6%)
Federer
8 (27.6%)
Murray
1 (3.4%)
Del Potro
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 28, 2012, 11:07:08 AM

Author Topic: French Open 2012 - Final Pre-tournament Take  (Read 15424 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: French Open 2012 - First Take
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 05:45:11 PM »
I don't know. I (again) have this feeling that Rafa will not win FO this year. not because of Djokovic who might fail too... it would be cool to have someone new to win the tournament... not sure who
Ahhh, mysticism over rational thought.
You've been hanging out with Emma for waaaaay too long my friend.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »
Rafa has to be the favorite at the French. Will be interesting to see how the clay season turns out this year.
Will Rafa play all the clay tournaments like every year?

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
French Open 2012 - First Take
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 08:16:26 PM »
My head say it still will be Nadal, while my heart hopes for a miracle again from Roger!!! (hey, I can dream, can't I?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 05:37:34 AM »
I was viewing the voting results and saw Federer had 2 votes and Djokovic 1. Really ? How are people thinking baffles me.
The world awaits no genius

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »
My head say it still will be Nadal, while my heart hopes for a miracle again from Roger!!! (hey, I can dream, can't I?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes!  By all means! :))

Audio quality sub-par but they still hit it out of the park at the end!
The Management quartet singing I Can Dream, Can't I

Had the pleasure of singing making noise with these fellers a few times back in the day.  :fond memories:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 08:50:15 AM »
I'm no Astro-Predictor, but there's no way in hail I'd bet against Nadal on clay.  Ever.

i will go with this as well.......it's very hard to take out nadal at the french open no matter who you are.......there's a reason why he has never lost a best of 5 sets match on clay in his career, barring that lone match when he was injured.......

i said that nadal can hang around for 6 hours in a hardcourt best of 5 sets match and 7 hours in a best of 5 sets match on clay.......i was wrong.......he looked good to last for another hour if needed, so make that 7 hours on hardcourts and probably 8 hours on clay if it goes that far.......

it seems like djokovic finally matches nadal in that department but the men's final at the french open is going to be played under the sun.......now rafa can still last for 7 hours in the sun on clay, but can djokovic?

Last year Djokovic won more comfortably against Nadal on clay. What Nadal should hope is for an in-form Federer to be in Djokovic's half and then hope he'll knock him out.

an unknown italian qualifier lorenzi was basically one game away from taking rafa out in the first round in rome.......madrid plays like a hardcourt and it was to no surprise that lopez with just the serve and no backhand almost took out federer.......so it wasn't really surprising that djokovic, clearly the better player at that time, took out rafa in those events.......rafa just mugged his way to the french title.......

the scenario changes a bit this time around.......nadal knows what to expect of djokovic and goes into the clay season with that mindset.......last year he really did let his form drop significantly, i am not sure what the reasons were but he just wasn't the same player that played indian wells and miami, he was amazing in both those finals.......

come french open this year, nothing is significant except for the fact that djokovic will have to overcome nadal of 2012 in best of 5 sets format on clay.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 02:38:42 PM »
great thread general shanks. i with the rest on this general.

only a fool would bet against the clay warrior in a RG final.

this may be single most important french open of nadal`s career. expect him to come prepared and with some extra focus.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 05:24:34 PM »
This is the most important tournament of Djokovic's career for sure.
4 in a row would put him in the record books forever.

Both of them know the ramifications of this tournament and both know it will be a war, this should be the most anticipated tournament of all time.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 09:53:09 PM »
easily the most anticipated slam in years general swish.

this where he fights. and this is where they die.

clay warrior is preparing for glory general. i dont think he is going to be stopped at RG this year.

memo to all his adversaries in battle:

prepare for your hell. pray for death.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:54:08 PM by Clay Death »
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 12:50:35 AM »
it's not going to be easy but I do believe that Nole can beat Rafa at RG. yeah, it's Rafa's land but ... it's too bad that Rog spoiled the party last year. all that matters right now regarding Novak are majors. if he can win FO, he is going to do something very special ... I think he will  :)

Offline Richard Miller

• Tennis Player
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 05:20:38 AM »
Of course he can, if he stays healthy and focused, he' taking it :)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 07:12:17 AM »
Of course he can, if he stays healthy and focused, he' taking it :)

correct, it's just that simple......he hasn't made a single french open final yet......so what? beating federer and nadal back to back at the french open is easy for djokovic......
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:12:52 AM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 07:26:12 AM »
great thread general shanks. i with the rest on this general.

only a fool would bet against the clay warrior in a RG final.

this may be single most important french open of nadal`s career. expect him to come prepared and with some extra focus.

concurred, hercules........djokovic is really having to kill himself for every win he earns against rafa and the task only gets tougher at the roland garros.......there are too many things which will fall in place for nadal at the french open........just the right surface and the best game ever for that surface make him superior to anybody........

djokovic first needs to get to the final before even thinking of winning the title.......there are effectively 4 players who can stop him at the french open.......federer, del potro, murray and of course the man himself, rafa.......

del potro will be a factor at the french, just the right kind of bounce which plays into his hitting zone........i thought he looked a bit helpless against fed at the AO because of the low bounce there........

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 07:50:32 AM »
ah you guys... Nole never won W till last year, never won USO till last year either. we'll see. I do understand you love Nadal but be careful. Nole did win Madrid and Rome last year. Be afraid  :rofl_2:. Djokovic is very good on all surfaces.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »
alex its RG and its the clay warrior.

and its the best of 5 sets final at RG.

i dont see anybody capable of stopping the clay warrior there this year or the next.

nole is going to have to get in line for his turn.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 06:17:10 PM »
we'll see  :)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 06:30:08 PM »
Djokovic/Federer/Potty/Murray could all stop Nadal @ RG,the 2 biggest dangers will be Djokovic & Murray this time i feel.Djokovic is looking to get 4 Slams B2B & Murray his first,i think the pressure will be right on Nadal.Let's all not forget what happened with Borg,he won 6 times @ RG,then suddenly he was gone from the tennis world.I'm not saying Nadal is going to do what Borg did,but winning RG could end in a blink of an eye.Djokovic now is Amazing & so fit now,that means Nadal has no advantage over him.Murray has the Hunger to win his first Slam & just might have the right man in his corner to get his goal.I would love to see the top seeds in the SF's @ RG & have a real fight to be the winner over all.Soderling won't be a nice Draw if he gets on his best game.Soderling looks like he not playing Rotterdam,so will drop lower in Rankings,he is 14th ATM.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:37:50 PM by sid »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2012, 07:32:03 PM »
Djokovic/Federer/Potty/Murray could all stop Nadal @ RG,the 2 biggest dangers will be Djokovic & Murray this time i feel.Djokovic is looking to get 4 Slams B2B & Murray his first,i think the pressure will be right on Nadal.Let's all not forget what happened with Borg,he won 6 times @ RG,then suddenly he was gone from the tennis world.I'm not saying Nadal is going to do what Borg did,but winning RG could end in a blink of an eye.Djokovic now is Amazing & so fit now,that means Nadal has no advantage over him.Murray has the Hunger to win his first Slam & just might have the right man in his corner to get his goal.I would love to see the top seeds in the SF's @ RG & have a real fight to be the winner over all.Soderling won't be a nice Draw if he gets on his best game.Soderling looks like he not playing Rotterdam,so will drop lower in Rankings,he is 14th ATM.

What SF would you prefer?

Nadal-Fed
Djokovic-Murray

Or

Nadal-Murray
Djokovic-Fed

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »
What SF would you prefer?
Nadal-Fed
Djokovic-Murray
Or
Nadal-Murray
Djokovic-Fed

Either way Murray would have to beat both in SF if top 4 seeds made it,but thinking on this more i'd say Nadal ATM in SF.Djokovic & Murray just seem to be getting stronger,Nadal been around a long time now,@ some point it's going to catch up with him?will it be this year?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2012, 07:44:11 PM »
shank and herc... I've known you guys for a long time (I love you both btw  :)) but you go crazy about Nadal sometimes. all  I'm saying again it ain't going to be easy. I have a very strong feeling that Nadal will lose to Novak again.