Poll

Who will win the Roland Garros 2012 Men's singles title?

Nadal
12 (41.4%)
Djokovic
8 (27.6%)
Federer
8 (27.6%)
Murray
1 (3.4%)
Del Potro
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 28, 2012, 11:07:08 AM

Author Topic: French Open 2012 - Final Pre-tournament Take  (Read 15460 times)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Re: French Open 2012 - First Take
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2012, 03:06:46 PM »
shank and herc... I've known you guys for a long time (I love you both btw  :)) but you go crazy about Nadal sometimes. all  I'm saying again it ain't going to be easy. I have a very strong feeling that Nadal will lose to Novak again.

That's being very rational Alex  :)~  :innocent:
well, rational or not, Nole won last 7 matches they played. I realize you don't like it but ...

Hehe, losses of my favourites never affect me Alex, I still love my life...its not going to be better or worse if Rafa wins or not. I still think that Rafa is getting better against Nole. Lets see how it goes. Now its Nole's time. He is making the best of it.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2012, 07:43:24 PM »
I have a feeling that Lendl is priming Andy for Wimbledon!  It does not hurt to finish in the semis or be a finalist in the French.  I do not think he can win it with Nadal, Federer and Djokovic ahead of him!  It got to be Wimbledon or nothing for Andy in 2012!
I don't know. Lendl never won W. I think he needs to give Murray that mental edge somehow. Also, Murray must improve his FH (I said this like 1000 times).

On FH Alex,Murray Smashed many past Djokovic in SF lol. :rofl_2: Alex your looking @ Murray from the past when saying that today.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2012, 07:56:14 PM »
Djokovic/Federer/Potty/Murray could all stop Nadal @ RG,the 2 biggest dangers will be Djokovic & Murray this time i feel.Djokovic is looking to get 4 Slams B2B & Murray his first,i think the pressure will be right on Nadal.Let's all not forget what happened with Borg,he won 6 times @ RG,then suddenly he was gone from the tennis world.I'm not saying Nadal is going to do what Borg did,but winning RG could end in a blink of an eye.Djokovic now is Amazing & so fit now,that means Nadal has no advantage over him.Murray has the Hunger to win his first Slam & just might have the right man in his corner to get his goal.I would love to see the top seeds in the SF's @ RG & have a real fight to be the winner over all.Soderling won't be a nice Draw if he gets on his best game.Soderling looks like he not playing Rotterdam,so will drop lower in Rankings,he is 14th ATM.

djokovic, d pot, murray and federer too? may i ask how many times fed stopped nadal in their 5 meetings at the garros? fed, murray and d pot have less than zero chance against rafa at the french open........murray just doesn't have the kind of game to challenge rafa on clay and d pot cannot last for 4 hours, let alone 5 or 6 or 7 hours.......

djokovic is going to bring his very best to the french open final and still the final won't go beyond 4 sets.......nadal really wants to make a statement with the french open.......he means damn serious business at RG 2012 and is determined as hell.......

We will see about this(murray just doesn't have the kind of game to challenge rafa on clay)I'm looking forward to Clay matches this year more than others.I wonder how many times Nadal can go into the well for strength & can come out on top??? this has to be questioned.We here about his knee's & other parts of his body,some point it will break down.Djokovic & Murray have not had to dig as deep time & time again,nothing lasts forever ;-()

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »
Djokovic/Federer/Potty/Murray could all stop Nadal @ RG,the 2 biggest dangers will be Djokovic & Murray this time i feel.Djokovic is looking to get 4 Slams B2B & Murray his first,i think the pressure will be right on Nadal.Let's all not forget what happened with Borg,he won 6 times @ RG,then suddenly he was gone from the tennis world.I'm not saying Nadal is going to do what Borg did,but winning RG could end in a blink of an eye.Djokovic now is Amazing & so fit now,that means Nadal has no advantage over him.Murray has the Hunger to win his first Slam & just might have the right man in his corner to get his goal.I would love to see the top seeds in the SF's @ RG & have a real fight to be the winner over all.Soderling won't be a nice Draw if he gets on his best game.Soderling looks like he not playing Rotterdam,so will drop lower in Rankings,he is 14th ATM.

djokovic, d pot, murray and federer too? may i ask how many times fed stopped nadal in their 5 meetings at the garros? fed, murray and d pot have less than zero chance against rafa at the french open........murray just doesn't have the kind of game to challenge rafa on clay and d pot cannot last for 4 hours, let alone 5 or 6 or 7 hours.......

djokovic is going to bring his very best to the french open final and still the final won't go beyond 4 sets.......nadal really wants to make a statement with the french open.......he means damn serious business at RG 2012 and is determined as hell.......

We will see about this(murray just doesn't have the kind of game to challenge rafa on clay)I'm looking forward to Clay matches this year more than others.I wonder how many times Nadal can go into the well for strength & can come out on top??? this has to be questioned.We here about his knee's & other parts of his body,some point it will break down.Djokovic & Murray have not had to dig as deep time & time again,nothing lasts forever ;-()

We haven't heard about Nadal's knees for some time now. He got some new treatment awhile back and has seemed to take care of that problem.

Nadal should have been finished by now looking at his physical problems of 5 years ago but if it weren't for Djokovic he may have won a few more slams.
He's healthy and has made it to 4 straight finals.

He should have 2-3 more years of good tennis possibly.

For the RG Nadal will be ready, I hope he manages his schedule properly to get the most from his game.

I have my favorites but always want everyone to be ready, only then does victory have value.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2012, 01:22:44 AM »
I have a feeling that Lendl is priming Andy for Wimbledon!  It does not hurt to finish in the semis or be a finalist in the French.  I do not think he can win it with Nadal, Federer and Djokovic ahead of him!  It got to be Wimbledon or nothing for Andy in 2012!
I don't know. Lendl never won W. I think he needs to give Murray that mental edge somehow. Also, Murray must improve his FH (I said this like 1000 times).

From viewing matches; their is usually a couple of points that decide a game and a break and the match.  I think Ivan knows this; and if he can get Murray to think strategically; and come up during these critical points; he will win big and may win an "Open"................. finally.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2012, 05:40:15 AM »
well, Ivan lost too many GS finals but he was able to find his way to become a great champion. Lendl started winning very late in his career. It wouldn't be possible today with this brutal psychical tennis . I think that's what Andy really needs. the problem is Murray still needs to deal with Djokovic, Nadal etc.

I still think that his choice to go with Ivan is a very intelligent thing. I think that Ivan is a super smart guy. It's so bad that he was so underrated when he was #1. it was all that  BS between east and west etc. I like him. He was a great player. Ivan will help Murray. Will Murray finally win a slam? we'll see. I hope so. I think Andy has worked so hard and he deserves to win a major.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2012, 06:51:08 AM »
( It wouldn't be possible today with this brutal psychical tennis . I think that's what Andy really needs. the problem is Murray still needs to deal with Djokovic, Nadal etc.)

Alex one or 2 key points Djokovic won v Murray in the SF @ Ozz,it was that close.Alex i think your a good bloke,but brutal psychical tennis,Murray seemed OK to me v Djokovic,it could have gone either way in that SF.Djokovic won't win all matches when it's that close,cos if you think that your blind mate.This last SF shows that Murray is getting stronger all the time & matches Djokovic for fitness.Under Lendl,Murray could end up even stronger,he looks like @ last it's all coming together.FH is a much bigger weapon now,but you say it's not.Second serve still needs work,but don't forget Djokovic also had his second serve smash back for clean winners for Murray.   
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:14:20 AM by sid »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2012, 07:54:45 AM »
Sid, I do agree with you. Murray pushed Nole so hard and I'm impressed how well he played. It's just that somehow Novak manages to win these matches. I'm kinda worried about Novak in terms that this was the hardest win (the AO). I mean he had to play over 10 hours to win the tournament. Both Nadal and Murray were amazing.

I will remember this tournament for a long time. not just because Nole won, but because of the effort of Murray and Nadal. I do think it was one of the best slams ever.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »
Sid, I do agree with you. Murray pushed Nole so hard and I'm impressed how well he played. It's just that somehow Novak manages to win these matches. I'm kinda worried about Novak in terms that this was the hardest win (the AO). I mean he had to play over 10 hours to win the tournament. Both Nadal and Murray were amazing.

I will remember this tournament for a long time. not just because Nole won, but because of the effort of Murray and Nadal. I do think it was one of the best slams ever.

Hi Alex,i enjoyed this Slam as well & think Nole was great in winning it.If we look back a year @ Ozz (Djokovic & Murray),things have changed.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2012, 09:43:10 AM »
I think Murray is getting better. no question about that. I think he is maturing as a player.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2012, 02:07:59 PM »
murray can be a factor at the us open.......i suspect that he'll once again get bullied by one of the top players at both the clay and grass slams.......in my view he has to target the us open because there's every chance that nadal and djokovic will be somewhat tired by that time due to olympics and packed schedule.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2012, 10:06:27 AM »
all the biased butt-hurt french clowns already pissing their pants at the thought of nadal breaking borg record.......how pathetic can people be? canal plus, a french tv channel joked about the doping accusations in spanish sport in the recent times by targeting nadal and making him the center of their program.......

nadal just dismissed their stupid program and said that he doesn't even care to sue them.......

he tweeted just some time ago that he underwent a surprise drug test at 8:30 in the morning.......once the reports come out negative, canal plus will have made monkeys out of themselves........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2012, 10:16:48 AM »
http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=16376&zoneid=4

gosh, I was just posting on MTF regarding doping. So, Novak, Rog and Rafa are so good because they dope. rubbish.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »
http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=16376&zoneid=4

gosh, I was just posting on MTF regarding doping. So, Novak, Rog and Rafa are so good because they dope. rubbish.

tennis is one of the cleanest sports, just like cricket.......it's just sad that too many people are bitter about top tennis players.......

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »
I simply refuse to believe that Novak, Nadal and Rog have ever used anything. I simply believe that they are superior athletes. ok, let's say (hypothetically) they dope... but how can you explain their shotmaking etc. do you guys still think that they would jeopardize their health to win... don't think so. Rog has two little kidds, Nole is paranoid about his health, Nadal has always been so athletic... when I look at Rafa, he is so innocent, a great guy. I might be naive but I think that the media is creating all of this for the sake of talking about sh!t.

Again and again, tennis is not running or cycling ... it's so different. 

Offline Richard Miller

• Tennis Player
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2012, 05:18:53 PM »
Not just that, throughout the 2009 and good part of 2010 (till USO), Nole was tbh sucking big time. He did get a few titles, but generally he was pretty bad, especially vs top 10. If he really wanted to dope, why not do it then? Same case could be made for other top players, they all had their low points, which shouldn't have happened if they were really getting illegal stuff :)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2012, 08:46:54 AM »
it's hard to dope........gasquet was caught just because he kissed a girl who smoked coke.......there is no scope for cheating in tennis with the no. of random tests conducted on players.......unless french tv are intending that ITF lets top players dope, they make zero sense....... 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2012, 06:55:52 PM »
it's hard to dope........gasquet was caught just because he kissed a girl who smoked coke.......there is no scope for cheating in tennis with the no. of random tests conducted on players.......unless french tv are intending that ITF lets top players dope, they make zero sense....... 

It's not hard to dope, drugs can be made that are either not tested for or are undetectable.

Gasquet got caught with a detectable drug.