Poll

Who will win the Roland Garros 2012 Men's singles title?

Nadal
12 (41.4%)
Djokovic
8 (27.6%)
Federer
8 (27.6%)
Murray
1 (3.4%)
Del Potro
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 28, 2012, 11:07:08 AM

Author Topic: French Open 2012 - Final Pre-tournament Take  (Read 16083 times)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Re: French Open 2012 - First Take
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2012, 07:41:25 PM »
it's hard to dope........gasquet was caught just because he kissed a girl who smoked coke.......there is no scope for cheating in tennis with the no. of random tests conducted on players.......unless french tv are intending that ITF lets top players dope, they make zero sense.......

Sorry Shank, but this 'explanation' from Gasquet has never convinced me. It may be true of course, just saying.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2012, 09:01:25 AM »
clay warrior king to snatch monte carlo, barcelona, and rome masters this year.

just the get the hell out of his way after that. he will go on warpath at RG this year.

nobody will be spared in the final at RG. nobody.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Richard Miller

• Tennis Player
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. He can have Barcelona though, I'm cool with that  :))

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2012, 09:29:33 AM »
it's hard to dope........gasquet was caught just because he kissed a girl who smoked coke.......there is no scope for cheating in tennis with the no. of random tests conducted on players.......unless french tv are intending that ITF lets top players dope, they make zero sense....... 

It's not hard to dope, drugs can be made that are either not tested for or are undetectable.

Gasquet got caught with a detectable drug.

then how was martina hingis caught? do you think a 5 time grandslam winner like her couldn't afford undetectable drugs? martina said that she returned to win the french open, how apt that she was caught around wimbledon time in 2007........she got semi-scarred and retired just in time before the whole world could take notice of her 2 year ban.......

it's hard to dope and get away with it, particularly for a top player.......outside top 100, i think there are some dopers though who risk it because they don't have much to lose and would return in a year to resume their tennis this time with clean approach because they know they are under scrutiny.......

funny that doping talks never surround federer, when you take into consideration the length of time he remains fit over a season, hardly ever gets tired in matches, never gets injured.......

nadal and djokovic have converted themselves into physical specimens and are dominating fed.......it's the butt-hurt fedtarded media and global fedtard brigade who build up all this doping nonsense in the media targeting nadal and djokovic.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2012, 09:49:49 AM »
clay warrior king to snatch monte carlo, barcelona, and rome masters this year.

just the get the hell out of his way after that. he will go on warpath at RG this year.

nobody will be spared in the final at RG. nobody.

concurred.......he badly wants all those titles......

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. He can have Barcelona though, I'm cool with that  :))

only when its nadal on clay, chickens can be counted before they hatch......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »
no worries general shanks. clay warrior king has this in the bag.

people will again need to be reminded that there is still only i real force on red clay.

and his name is clay warrior king.

evidently they have not been watching the same sport all these years when he has been racking up clay titles left and right.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »

people will again need to be reminded that there is still only i real force on red clay.

evidently they have not been watching the same sport all these years when he has been racking up clay titles left and right.

they believe that those two wins of djokovic at rome and madrid speak a lot in favour of djokovic, hercules........they base their opinion on those two matches........i think that's a huge miscalculation.......

rafa now knows what to expect of djokovic and has seen enough of his new version........those six matches happened very quickly, i said it many times before........he had very little time to adjust to this new, ultra fit and efficient version of djokovic........

see what happened in the seventh match when he had some time to think about it and devised a strategy, he almost won it and it was a grandslam final........i don't know what ownage these djoko fans keep talking about........it's very close and with each passing match, djokovic is having to expend a lot out there and i am not sure how much he is left with........

djokovic is still no nadal when it comes to physical strength and rafa will keep going at him.......one feels something has to give at this point.......i think nadal finally takes him out at indian wells or miami....... 

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2012, 01:39:26 PM »

Herc. I don't think Rafa has anything in his bag. I'm not saying this as a Nole fan. Rafa did push Novak at the AO so hard, but Nole still won. I'm not saying that Rafa won't win RG. I don't know but it's not gonna be easy. Djokovic is a monster. on the other hand, it's too early to talk about RG I think. I mean, by all means it's cool we are talking about tennis but still... so many tournaments before RG.

Offline Richard Miller

• Tennis Player
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »

History means nothing, else Fed would still be racking up 2-3 slams/year. Nadal is not 22 anymore either, so we shall see how things unfold this year :)

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2012, 06:50:12 AM »

they believe that those two wins of djokovic at rome and madrid speak a lot in favour of djokovic, hercules........they base their opinion on those two matches........i think that's a huge miscalculation.......

rafa now knows what to expect of djokovic and has seen enough of his new version........those six matches happened very quickly, i said it many times before........he had very little time to adjust to this new, ultra fit and efficient version of djokovic........

see what happened in the seventh match when he had some time to think about it and devised a strategy, he almost won it and it was a grandslam final........i don't know what ownage these djoko fans keep talking about........it's very close and with each passing match, djokovic is having to expend a lot out there and i am not sure how much he is left with........

djokovic is still no nadal when it comes to physical strength and rafa will keep going at him.......one feels something has to give at this point.......i think nadal finally takes him out at indian wells or miami....... 

affirmative general shanks. its like comparing apples to oranges. those 2 matches were best of 3 sets foremat and therefore should not be compared to the best of 5 sets foremat on red clay.

also its nadal who does the owning at RG finals.

what happens at hard courts does not matter anyway. nole is the best player in the world and he is also the best hard court player out there so he is supposed to win on hard courts.

PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »
murray can be a factor at the us open.......i suspect that he'll once again get bullied by one of the top players at both the clay and grass slams.......in my view he has to target the us open because there's every chance that nadal and djokovic will be somewhat tired by that time due to olympics and packed schedule.......

Shank no one questions Nadal on great tennis,others are getting better.Nole has shown he can match Nadal & beat him,he's done it on all surfaces.Murray seems to have got stronger later than Nole(Ozz)& Slams,come RG or any other Slams,he should be a good match up for any of the top tennis players.Herc said @ start of this year Murray going to come on leaps & bounds,after watching Ozz i think he will be right.Alex you say Nole is gunning for Slams but so is Murray/Nadal/Fed.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2012, 10:47:10 AM »
murray can be a factor at the us open.......i suspect that he'll once again get bullied by one of the top players at both the clay and grass slams.......in my view he has to target the us open because there's every chance that nadal and djokovic will be somewhat tired by that time due to olympics and packed schedule.......

Shank no one questions Nadal on great tennis,others are getting better.Nole has shown he can match Nadal & beat him,he's done it on all surfaces.Murray seems to have got stronger later than Nole(Ozz)& Slams,come RG or any other Slams,he should be a good match up for any of the top tennis players.Herc said @ start of this year Murray going to come on leaps & bounds,after watching Ozz i think he will be right.Alex you say Nole is gunning for Slams but so is Murray/Nadal/Fed.
well Sid, of course everyone is gunning for slams. no doubt. that's their job. I just think that both Shank and Herc get over excited about Nadal and RG.  :))

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2012, 11:00:14 AM »

History means nothing, else Fed would still be racking up 2-3 slams/year. Nadal is not 22 anymore either, so we shall see how things unfold this year :)

Reasonable post above. :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2012, 11:21:11 AM »
everybody is being reasonable here in their own way.

i stand by my predictions because they are based on objective probability. that is all you have to go on.

only a fool would bet against nadal at a rg final.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2012, 11:22:53 AM »

well Sid, of course everyone is gunning for slams. no doubt. that's their job. I just think that both Shank and Herc get over excited about Nadal and RG.  :))

he is 6-0 in the finals there. is there any reason why hercules and general shanks should not be excited about rg.

that is where nadal is going turn this thing around. that is not being excited really. we are just being rational and logical about this.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2012, 11:28:07 AM »
@sid
murray's game hasn't changed that much but he is definitely showing a lot of improvement in his attitude........to me that was the biggest improvement........lendl must have literally told him to just shut all ends up and pay respect to the audiences and his box rather than swearing at them for every error he makes.......i think lendl has succeeded in his first assignment which was to remodel murray's outlook and attitude on a tennis court in crunch matches.......it will be interesting to see how he prepares murray for clay.......

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »
Who, besides Nole, can stop Nadal from winning RG 2012?

I wouldn't bet against him.
I can't imagine any sane person would.

Andy (not Roddick) has taken the first step on the journey to winning a slam.  He still has some work to do.  Hopefully Lendl can coax even more from the talented Scot.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »
Who, besides Nole, can stop Nadal from winning RG 2012?

I wouldn't bet against him.
I can't imagine any sane person would.

Andy (not Roddick) has taken the first step on the journey to winning a slam.  He still has some work to do.  Hopefully Lendl can coax even more from the talented Scot.

del potro.......but i doubt anyone can actually do it this year.......nadal is a real master playing in that court philippe chatrier........

many people believe that last year federer prevented djokovic from winning the calender grandslam but who knows maybe nadal would have beat nole, gained immense confidence from that win, dented nole's confidence and took the next 3 slam finals as well against djokovic?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2012, 12:26:50 PM »

he is 6-0 in the finals there. is there any reason why hercules and general shanks should not be excited about rg.

that is where nadal is going turn this thing around. that is not being excited really. we are just being rational and logical about this.
well, it's cool. I was just j/k. however, Nole will kill Rafa at RG this year  :rofl_2:. I hope you two will be able to take it. gosh, I really hope to see Nole vs. Rafa in the final. not sure why, but I feel like picking on Herc and Shank... I guess I miss Emma too much, and I'm getting bored  :))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:33:42 PM by Alex »

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »
more like we will be picking on you alex after clay warrior`s 7th french open title.

so stay tuned.
PRAY FOR DEATH