Poll

Who will win the Roland Garros 2012 Men's singles title?

Nadal
12 (41.4%)
Djokovic
8 (27.6%)
Federer
8 (27.6%)
Murray
1 (3.4%)
Del Potro
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 28, 2012, 11:07:08 AM

Author Topic: French Open 2012 - Final Pre-tournament Take  (Read 14405 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: French Open 2012 - First Take
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2012, 01:57:48 PM »
vamos general Herc and general Shank  :)). when it comes to RG.... nothing new I hope Djok, Rafa, Murray and Fed I guess. the rest of the field is too weak. I mean I wouldn't mind to see some youngsters there but I doubt it.

shank, as for gray goose, it's like $40 $45 $CAN I think. it really has a unique taste. it's very sophisticated.  When I worked at my previous job we used to have some conferences in Whistler, and they served it there. oh boy, good old time...  :)

Dallas will probably ban us all because we talk about alcohol on the tennis board. She is a decent Christian lady and she probably doesn't drink  :rofl_2:

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
vamos general Herc and general Shank  :)). when it comes to RG.... nothing new I hope Djok, Rafa, Murray and Fed I guess. the rest of the field is too weak. I mean I wouldn't mind to see some youngsters there but I doubt it.

shank, as for gray goose, it's like $40 $45 $CAN I think. it really has a unique taste. it's very sophisticated.  When I worked at my previous job we used to have some conferences in Whistler, and they served it there. oh boy, good old time...  :)

Dallas will probably ban us all because we talk about alcohol on the tennis board. She is a decent Christian lady and she probably doesn't drink  :rofl_2:

How often do you come there, Alex?

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2012, 06:28:48 PM »
Falc, I was there almost every year since 2005... it was all payed by the company I used to worked with ... beautiful place... great restaurants, but the biggest thing is how beautiful nature is ...you wouldn't believe it.  I hope you get to see Canada one day. unbelievable nature like really... If you ever come to visit don't go to cities... go to Banff or Lake Louise or Kananaskis. I go to camp every year with a friend of mine to Kanaskis... it's nice during the day time but it gets brutal hold during the night.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2012, 11:52:11 PM »
Falc, I was there almost every year since 2005... it was all payed by the company I used to worked with ... beautiful place... great restaurants, but the biggest thing is how beautiful nature is ...you wouldn't believe it.  I hope you get to see Canada one day. unbelievable nature like really... If you ever come to visit don't go to cities... go to Banff or Lake Louise or Kananaskis. I go to camp every year with a friend of mine to Kanaskis... it's nice during the day time but it gets brutal hold during the night.

I am in Vancouver you big bufoon  :)~. I have been to Whistler a couple of times too.... I need to visit Banff, will do so when I get the right time (and some money  ;-() )

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2012, 12:12:15 AM »
sh!t, sorry I forgot you moved to Vancouver. silly me. You would love Banff. they have this little chocolate store on the main avenue... they make the best chocolate in the world  :).

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2012, 10:23:38 AM »

vamos alex.......no problem with dallas, alex.......we will offer her her share when fed loses.......a more traditional drink,

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2012, 11:27:12 AM »

vamos alex.......no problem with dallas, alex.......we will offer her her share when fed loses.......a more traditional drink,

sounds good to me  :). where is Dallas? also, I've been thinking about Emma lately. I miss her  :))

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »
Lendl says

If I worked with Murray in Rome on clay,that's only one week before the French and we're not going to be able to do anything. If I go with him to Monte Carlo then we have five weeks to work on stuff.If I see there is something that needs work or needs improving then we have time.It might be a little different to the usual system but that's never stopped me before.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »
Lendl says

If I worked with Murray in Rome on clay,that's only one week before the French and we're not going to be able to do anything. If I go with him to Monte Carlo then we have five weeks to work on stuff.If I see there is something that needs work or needs improving then we have time.It might be a little different to the usual system but that's never stopped me before.
I truly believe that Ivan will help out Murray. It does make me happy that Lendl took Murray under his wing and I can only hope that Murray listens and try to be patient. as I said they are very similar in a way. Lendl won his first slam when he was 25. He lost so many finals, it's crazy... but I think he can really influence Andy in a very positive way. again, I can only hope that Andy will listen... I think he is a bit stubborn but he is getting more humble nowadays...

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2012, 04:30:28 PM »
I don't think he will be stubborn with Lendl & i think he has grown up.I've got a strange feeling that Murray is going to do very well @ RG,maybe it's the Lendl factor.Murray will respect what Lendl did way back when,that should make a difference.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2012, 05:54:36 PM »
sid, let's hope so. I think that Murray is so much mature today.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2012, 08:38:28 AM »
he is definitely not shouting too much these days......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2012, 11:35:02 PM »
general shanks i would not mind seeing  d-pot in the semis at RG as long as he is in the opposite 1/2 from the clay warrior.

semi #1: clay warrior vs Fed

semi #2 : d-pot vs murray

can it happen?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2012, 11:49:37 PM »
No Nole in your picks Hercs?? That's surprising.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2012, 11:59:34 PM »
general Herc doesn't want to see Nole anywhere near Nadal  :rofl_2:. I understand, it's all good. If I was a Rafa fan, I wouldn't either  :)~.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #155 on: February 29, 2012, 08:18:02 AM »
general shanks i would not mind seeing  d-pot in the semis at RG as long as he is in the opposite 1/2 from the clay warrior.

semi #1: clay warrior vs Fed

semi #2 : d-pot vs murray

can it happen?

del potro can be a threat to djokovic, federer and murray if he can plan well and peak for roland garros......actually i too have him as one of the four semifinal contestants unless he falls in nadal's quarter......

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #156 on: February 29, 2012, 10:46:54 AM »
don't know Shank. Nole is a very bad match up for DP. the only match DP won against Nole was that DC match when Nole retired. Nole won pretty comfortably all of their previous matches.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #157 on: February 29, 2012, 11:03:36 AM »
del potro hasn't won a match against murray as well in a long time......but if you see what he is capable of, he can be a threat to all three of them......

he ran djokovic close for two sets last year at the FO and then they stopped play......next day djokovic comes out having thought out a plan after a much needed break......the davis cup match, even though djokovic retired, the first set was good......

del potro has very good power off both wings and unlike soderling or berdych, he is really very consistent.......he can take it to anyone on his day........his only problem is stamina - something which djokovic himself had until 2010......

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #158 on: February 29, 2012, 11:48:46 PM »

well i was just speculating there.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #159 on: February 29, 2012, 11:50:40 PM »
general Herc doesn't want to see Nole anywhere near Nadal  :rofl_2:. I understand, it's all good. If I was a Rafa fan, I wouldn't either  :)~.

too good alex.
PRAY FOR DEATH