Author Topic: Ranking 2012 onwards  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Ranking 2012 onwards
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 10:36:10 PM »
Rafa will stop Nole. he is getting there.  :)>>>>
right, how is he getting there? lol. just bugging you  :)~

3 sets to 4 sets to tight 5 set matches....crawling but surely getting there  :)
we'll see. I like your enthusiasm ...

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 08:39:03 AM »
Dubai Murray has no points to defend :)
IW Murray lost to D Young in 2nd round :)
Miami Murray lost to A Bogomolov JR  in 2nd round :)

Playing Dubai/IW & Miami,Murray will do better than last year.If Murray wins one of these 2 Masters,some tennis players above him will be looking over their shoulders @ Murray in Rankings.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 08:41:59 AM »
As of today the ranking points are:

Djokovic 13630 pts
Nadal 10435 pts
Federer 8010 pts
Andy 6900 pts

Taking away all the points till the end of Miami:

Djokovic 11130 pts (playing Dubai, Miami, IW)
Nadal 9195 pts (playing Miami IW)
Federer 6990 pts (playing DC, Rotterdam, Dubai, IW, Miami)
Andy 6880 pts* (playing Dubai, IW, Miami)

*Depending on when ATP will implement the new rule about 500/250/equivalent tournaments, Andy could count 250 points more.

All these players have a lot to loose either way of a lost or a win in the grand slam events.  Murray if he can win Wimbledon and the rest of the three loose in early rounds could be number 2 in the world afterwards.

Hi Harry,i follow Ranking points look @ my post above.Dubai, IW, Miami Murray could gain a lot of pioints.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »
Djokovic has a good chance to stay number one.
Nadal will have his chances too, he fought very hard at the AO and expect him to protect his clay.

Murray might have some say in the matter, Lendl is working on his mental part and it showed at the AO.

Recently DelPo said he can be better than Djokovic, at least that's what I heard. A pretty big stetement and out of character for him. We'll see about that.

This is one of the reasons the AO is interesting, it sets the tone for the year.

Potty has moved up the Rankings quietly,he is now 10th.This means,he will get better draws than last year.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 10:28:03 PM »
Perhaps DPot should change his nickname from Tower of Tandil to Testicles of Tandil.

He'll either be backing that up or eating a crate full of crow.

I just took a gulp of water into my mouth when I read this. I almost regurgitated it onto the computer while reading that line. You should carry a warning when you write things like that  :rofl_2:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2012, 07:08:11 AM »
Recent post from Professor Pawan-

"And I have a sweet little beast. Sure it's an Acer but Intel i5, 500gig hard-drive,  4 gig ram and plenty of customization and it's one hell of a machine.

And for the second time - this time my brother's accident - it got flooded with around half a litre of water and died. On the spot. "

Apparently Professor, you are slow learner.
Mixing H TWO OH and 'puters often produces undesirable results.

Seriously though.
I always set my coffee (or beverage of the moment :))) a full 3 feet away from my machine.  No spitting up into the keyboard after reading one of Babs posts.  No accidental spillage from my dogcat jumping into my lap.  Nada.  Full credit to my H.S. Data Processing teacher and the U.S.N. electronics instructors for drilling that into my slow learning brain. :))

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program!

ANDY (not Roddick)
He showed some mental stamina at the AO.
Word on the street is that he is a hard worker.
I think that Murray is improving his game and on the rise.
Will that effort produce a slam this year? 
I don't know, look at the talent he has to go through to get there.
Only time will tell.

EL TORO
In the AO final, it seemed to me that Nadal was willing to play riskier tennis against Nole.
I think it will take him awhile to develop the confidence to execute that strategy effectively.
Fortunately, the clay season is about to begin for him.
Let's not forget, he continues to dominate the remainder of the field.

DJOKER
It's all come together for Nole over the past year.
I think he is at or near his peak.  I didn't notice any improvements in his game at the AO.  When you're at the top, there is only one way to go.  I don't see him slipping anytime soon though.

TMF
Fed didn't show me anything new at the AO this year.
I think he will continue to be a threat for slams if he finds the zone for a few weeks or any of the other top 3 slip up.  He will continue to be a dangerous player for a year or 2.

In conclusion, I think there may be a bit of swapping around in the top 4.
I don't follow the points system or put much stock in it.
As one of the top 4, I would think the only things that are relevant to them are slams and Masters 1000.  The rest is just practice.

Windbag Wally signing off......
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 05:29:59 PM »
The rankings as of 2/20:
Top 10:
Novak
Rafa
Roger
Murray
Ferrer
Tsonga
Berdych
Fish
Tipsarevic
Del Potro

Interesting notes:
SODERLING IS NOW #24
ANDY RODDICK IS NOW #27

Youngsters:
Nishikori #17
Dolgopolov #18
Raonic #35 (seems like he should be higher)
Tomic #37
Young #41

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 10:21:26 PM »
DP saying that he can be better than Djokovic is plain stupid. I mean he could try, but what the hell did he win lately. he never won any masters. I'm surprised that he suddenly has such a big mouth. Tsonga is another one with a huge mouth.

Than, Raonic claims that he can beat big 4. right, whatever. He won some MM tournaments and now he talks big.

my point is... win some big tournaments and then you can talk... meanwhile, work hard and simply shut up..

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 10:51:50 PM »
DP saying that he can be better than Djokovic is plain stupid. I mean he could try, but what the hell did he win lately. he never won any masters. I'm surprised that he suddenly has such a big mouth. Tsonga is another one with a huge mouth.

Than, Raonic claims that he can beat big 4. right, whatever. He won some MM tournaments and now he talks big.

my point is... win some big tournaments and then you can talk... meanwhile, work hard and simply shut up..

Alex, its funny you say this, because when Nole was ranked 42 in the world and Fed was ranked number one, he quoted "The only way for Federer is down". Big words for a relatively unknown player at that time, no? He hadn't won any masters tournament then either. Ego? Oh yes, all of them have it with them and in mega sized quantities too....

Don't get me wrong here, for me Nole and Fed are equal, I have no preference between the two, may be I like Fed's style of play better, but nothing more.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 10:00:52 AM »
Falc, I do not remember that Nole said that. if he did at the time I disapprove.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 10:39:15 AM »
i think swish would have no complaints with d pot's comments........if anything it will only make him happy........i think del potro is really eager to be in the mix of things.......hence those comments.......i think it's good in a way, it shows that he wants to compete hard and win.......

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »
there is nothing wrong with being confident. they are pro players and they have to be. my problem is that suddenly we have Raonic, DP talking big without being able to cover  it with their game. as I said, shut up, work out, improve your game, beat Nole or Nadal at slams on regular basis and then you can talk.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »
The rankings as of 2/20:
Top 10:
Novak
Rafa
Roger
Murray
Ferrer
Tsonga
Berdych
Fish
Tipsarevic
Del Potro

Interesting notes:
SODERLING IS NOW #24
ANDY RODDICK IS NOW #27

Youngsters:
Nishikori #17
Dolgopolov #18
Tomic #37
Young #41

Your ment to add the points,ho maybe you did not want to show roger's points from Rotterdam :rofl_2:

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 06:51:49 PM »
Andy Roddick maybe because of re-occurring injuries is now ranked 27th after loosing in the openning round to Xavier Malisse!  I think he needs to take more time off and heal - like 3 straight months and get ready for Wimbledon 2012!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 07:31:12 PM »
Andy Roddick maybe because of re-occurring injuries is now ranked 27th after loosing in the openning round to Xavier Malisse!  I think he needs to take more time off and heal - like 3 straight months and get ready for Wimbledon 2012!
AR is done. he is getting nowhere.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 12:44:13 AM »
AR is done. he is getting nowhere.

Yup, agree with that.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Ranking 2012 onwards
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 11:06:29 AM »
The rankings as of 2/20:
Top 10:
Novak
Rafa
Roger
Murray
Ferrer
Tsonga
Berdych
Fish
Tipsarevic
Del Potro

Interesting notes:
SODERLING IS NOW #24
ANDY RODDICK IS NOW #27

Youngsters:
Nishikori #17
Dolgopolov #18
Tomic #37
Young #41

Your ment to add the points,ho maybe you did not want to show roger's points from Rotterdam :rofl_2:

Actually, I wasn't thinking about the points - just the rankings since the top players had no change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk