Poll

Can Federer win any outdoor hardcourt event where he has to go through Nadal and/or Djokovic?

Yes
11 (57.9%)
No
4 (21.1%)
Are you joking?
1 (5.3%)
Just retire Roger, it's a joke to keep losing to these young stallions endlessly.
0 (0%)
Look squirrel!
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Federer  (Read 2354 times)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Federer
« on: February 19, 2012, 03:42:36 PM »
Can Federer win any outdoor hardcourt event where he has to go through Nadal and/or Djokovic?
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
Re: Federer
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »
I think he can.. and if he is in the right mind frame he can. But he has gone down hill in the last years. I am not a fan of him but I do hope you can have a good run of winning grand slams again :)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 05:05:18 PM »
Fed can do it, he's the best!!!  :cool:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 08:29:13 PM »
I voted 'YES' with the qualifier that he has to serve over 65% on the first delivery and be punishing on both.  I think that is his most effective weapon against both Nole & Rafa.  If he can keep them off balance and not allow them to make any inroads on his service, he has a fair chance to break either of them (especially Nadal) once per set over the course of a match.

I won't be wagering any cold cash on that happening though, as most players seem quite content to practice bashing groundies instead of focusing on the 2 most important shots in the game--  The Serve & The Return.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:35:27 PM »
The problem seems to be that Nadal and Djokovic keep pounding the Federer backhand and sooner or later it just breaks down completely and starts spraying or hitting so short as to provide easy winners.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 12:35:56 AM »
no Djokovic is not pounding his BH. Nole is playing his own game. Nadal is pounding his BH and that's why I don't like their match up. too predictable. I still simply think that Rog was too stubborn to make some changes in his game....

Online ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 03:15:56 AM »
sure he can win one..:)..

btw..the last option was super-funny.. :)~ :)~ :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 06:12:04 AM »
no Djokovic is not pounding his BH. Nole is playing his own game. Nadal is pounding his BH and that's why I don't like their match up. too predictable. I still simply think that Rog was too stubborn to make some changes in his game....
The Arrogant One stubborn??? :confused1:  Say it aint't so! ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 07:52:13 AM »
The Arrogant One stubborn??? :confused1:  Say it aint't so! ;-()
alright  :rofl_2:. as long as Novak and Rafa are healthy Rog will not win another slam. IMHO his time is over. I said this before and I will say it again. As much as I enjoyed his tennis skills I simply DISLIKE his personality so much. all the sh!t he said about other players...all that arrogance. meh

Djokovic and Nadal may or may not reach 16 majors but they are good humble guys.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 02:50:05 PM »
alright  :rofl_2:. as long as Novak and Rafa are healthy Rog will not win another slam. IMHO his time is over. I said this before and I will say it again. As much as I enjoyed his tennis skills I simply DISLIKE his personality so much. all the sh!t he said about other players...all that arrogance. meh

Djokovic and Nadal may or may not reach 16 majors but they are good humble guys.

Haha Alex, yeah riiiiiiiiight. Nole and Humbalito are so "good humble" guys.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »

Haha Alex, yeah riiiiiiiiight. Nole and Humbalito are so "good humble" guys.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
listen, all of them have big egos. I think in any individual sport you need to have a big ego in order to win. no question about that, but Rog is something. I remember watching young Rog and thinking... wow, what a great player. but he simply turned out to be an egomaniac. sorry, we can agree to disagree.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 03:30:34 PM »
listen, all of them have big egos. I think in any individual sport you need to have a big ego in order to win. no question about that, but Rog is something. I remember watching young Rog and thinking... wow, what a great player. but he simply turned out to be an egomaniac. sorry, we can agree to disagree.

Alex - where is the proof of Roger's raging egomania? I know you hate him, but that's not enough reason to slander the great Man.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »

Alex - where is the proof of Roger's raging egomania? I know you hate him, but that's not enough reason to slander the great Man.
first of all I do not hate Rog. I do not hate anybody. I can probably pull out a thousand of articles where Rog was simply saying stupid things about young Nadal and young Novak and other players. Rog is more politically correct nowadays. One of the problem I do have with him is that he was never gracious when he was losing. too many excuses etc.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 05:02:48 PM »
The only time I remember him being ungracious was after that loss to Berdych @2010 Wimbledon.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 05:22:05 PM »

first of all I do not hate Rog. I do not hate anybody. I can probably pull out a thousand of articles where Rog was simply saying stupid things about young Nadal and young Novak and other players. Rog is more politically correct nowadays. One of the problem I do have with him is that he was never gracious when he was losing. too many excuses etc.

I still like him.  I think his 'goodness' overshadows the few "bad" things people can say about him.  (Just my opinion). :))

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »
well, Dallas he is improving as I said. still, you Fed fans tend to forget too many things... however, talking about majors, I'll take Novak's 5 majors in the era of Fedal any day than Fed's 16 slams in the era of NOBODY.  :)>>>>

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »
"Can Federer win any outdoor hardcourt event where he has to go through Nadal and/or Djokovic?"

French Open will be trouble for Federer and maybe Djokovic

Wimbledon and U.S. Open will be Djokovic wins.

Otherwise; anything that not a major; Federer has a chance at winning!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 12:09:21 AM »
well, Dallas he is improving as I said. still, you Fed fans tend to forget too many things... however, talking about majors, I'll take Novak's 5 majors in the era of Fedal any day than Fed's 16 slams in the era of NOBODY.  :)>>>>

Federer won 14 of his majors AFTER he played Nadal for the 1st time. So your theory is bunk.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 03:23:43 AM »

Federer won 14 of his majors AFTER he played Nadal for the 1st time. So your theory is bunk.
what the hell is your point? I'll give you bunk, lol... Fed has had no competition, get it  :). PERIOD. everyone was so weak on the tour. 

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 11:29:01 AM »
Alex - there is no magical reality that has Roger playing Nadal & Djokovic at the same age.