Author Topic: IW/Miami 2012 could be the beginning of the re-rise to the top for Nadal  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
indian wells 2011 is where nadal's downfall started last year and i have a feeling that he is determined to turn the tables upside down exactly where he started losing his grip last year - indian wells.......those two close high quality finals took a lot out of him and just din't have time to recover and write a winning strategy against djokovic 2.0.......

in an interview a week before the australian open when he was asked about his chances at the slam, he spoke about resting in february and that his main focus is the stretch from indian wells to wimbledon.......

nadal is a man of superstitions and he probably believes that he has to pick up his balls only where he dropped them, just like the water bottles.......he was mentally shook up a little last year.......i wonder how much that played on his mind when he executed that missed backhand at *4-2 30-15 in the fifth set of australian open final.......

i believe he will finally topple djokovic at indian wells or miami and get that much needed win.......he has definitely made some improvements going into 2012 and also a few changes to his playing equipment.......what do you think about indian wells and miami this year? i think nadal and djokovic are taking those two events very seriously........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: IW/Miami 2012 could be the beginning of the re-rise to the top for Nadal
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:45:11 PM »
Nah, IW/Miami will signal the further decline of Nadal as he fails to repeat his finals.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 12:58:29 PM »
Nah, IW/Miami will signal the further decline of Nadal as he fails to repeat his finals.

we know 16 is such an unsafe number.......no need to reiterate that feeling over and over.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
16 > 10.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »
16 > 10.
:rofl_2: stop it, it's driving me crazy. you silly people.

on the other hand, I don't think that IW or Miami wins would do anything special for Nadal. He still probably needs to meet with Nole... it ain't gonna be easy  :)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 04:03:38 PM »
Alex - I tell the truth and you think it's hell.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 06:06:29 PM »
Alex - I tell the truth and you think it's hell.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
challenge for you ... define the truth. you think you can do it?  :)~

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 06:58:49 PM »
I'm glad this thread was made.
These two tournaments are important to both Djokovic and Nadal.

Nadal is taking some time off, this is good for him to prepare his game and his mind.
Last year when Djokovic went on a roll there was no time for Nadal to 'reset' himself mentally and to work on his game.

Djokovic will not be sitting around either though, he'll be looking over past games and try to make improvements himself.

Murray is the one I'll definitely be watching, I was very impressed with his match against Djokovic.
I'm a big fan of Lendl and awhile back Lendl's friend, Chris Lewis, posted her for awhile.
Chris was the runner up at Wimbledon to John McEnroe in 1983.

So we have Murray this year looking better and Fed will be looking to ruin the party too.
Roanic and Del Potro could cause some problems, both are looking to make a move.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:00:46 PM by swish »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »
Look out for Berdych, Tomic, Dolgopolov, Tsonga as well. These guys are very dangerous hardcourt players.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 07:43:42 PM »
History is history, fact is fact, belief is belief and future is future.
So I don't know!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 10:34:22 AM »

Nadal is taking some time off, this is good for him to prepare his game and his mind.
Last year when Djokovic went on a roll there was no time for Nadal to 'reset' himself mentally and to work on his game.

Djokovic will not be sitting around either though, he'll be looking over past games and try to make improvements himself.

Murray is the one I'll definitely be watching, I was very impressed with his match against Djokovic.
I'm a big fan of Lendl and awhile back Lendl's friend, Chris Lewis, posted her for awhile.

So we have Murray this year looking better and Fed will be looking to ruin the party too.
Roanic and Del Potro could cause some problems, both are looking to make a move.

nadal is sentimental individual who might want to start regrouping at the event where his slide to the second best position started last year.......he talked about indian wells and miami when he was asked about australian open.......last year i thought indian wells and miami finals took a lot out of him mentally.......

del potro will be swinging from just about the ideal and comfortable height on the high bouncing indian wells......he will be dangerous at indian wells.......

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »
Look out for Berdych, Tomic, Dolgopolov, Tsonga as well. These guys are very dangerous hardcourt players.
well, they might be dangerous but Nole and Rafa will simply destroy them  :rofl_2:, like it or not.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »

nadal is sentimental individual who might want to start regrouping at the event where his slide to the second best position started last year.......he talked about indian wells and miami when he was asked about australian open.......last year i thought indian wells and miami finals took a lot out of him mentally.......

del potro will be swinging from just about the ideal and comfortable height on the high bouncing indian wells......he will be dangerous at indian wells.......

I hope you're right about Del Potro, he seems to have turned the corner.
If so he'll be dangerous.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 03:09:07 PM »
well, they might be dangerous but Nole and Rafa will simply destroy them  :rofl_2:, like it or not.

Like it or not, Nadal and Djokovic are not tennis robots and can lose. How many losses did they have in 2011 combined? Yeah they aren't perfect. Just because they both made 4/5 MS finals from IW to Rome doesn't mean they provide a repeat performance. You can treasure 2011 as something special, but it rarely happens again.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 05:32:37 PM »
I think the field is very strong. Djokovic is the man of the moment by a mile and no amount of sentimental superstition will make Nadal the favourite over Djokovic at this point. We also have Federer and Murray who are very much capable of upsetting Nadal in a best of 3 scenario - and what's even better is they both have a better game matchup against Djokovic than Nadal so both Nadal and Djokovic are in danger.

And yes, I don't have to mention the likes of Del Potro who's in his second final here and seems to matchup well against Nadal as well Raonic who's going for his third title of the year already and will only be better than last year, will have the height advantage on these courts like DP.

The others haven't been in the news necessarily but Tsonga still has had a solid season so far with close losses to Del Potro and Nishikori and he's a good day away from beating any of the top 4. The same goes for Berdych who was pretty close to taking a 2 sets to love lead against Nadal at the AO

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 06:00:47 PM »

Like it or not, Nadal and Djokovic are not tennis robots and can lose. How many losses did they have in 2011 combined? Yeah they aren't perfect. Just because they both made 4/5 MS finals from IW to Rome doesn't mean they provide a repeat performance. You can treasure 2011 as something special, but it rarely happens again.
are you crazy?  of course Nole is a tennis robot  :rofl_2:. sure they can lose... anyone on the tour can lose but they are tough. easier said than done...

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 09:17:58 PM »
Alex - you are probably too young to remember the Fed-bot days, but they existed and then didn't all of a sudden.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 08:00:24 AM »
Alex - you are probably too young to remember the Fed-bot days, but they existed and then didn't all of a sudden.
oh hun (sorry to hun you, just can't help it, lol) ... I was a kid when I watched JMac vs. Borg back in 1980. so you do the math. of course I've seen Fedbot days (love that expression)  :)

Offline serenade

• New Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Yeah he's probably gonna come back but i found this video really whacky. You should definitely have a look. www(dot)c306666d(dot)whackyvidz(dot)com

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »
Ok, so I think I'll give my 2 cents here!!! Sure Djokovic is the man to beat atm.... Djokovic is playing great, I really like the guy... Rafa? We know everything about him, and he won't accept defeat ever, the never say die attitude is his biggest strength... Still, the I don't know why everybody is ruling out DPot, Federer and Murray... Sure, Djokovic and Rafa are the guys to beat but Murray gave Djokovic a really hard time, and DPot is proving why he won the US Open, and and he is hungry for major titles, and Federer wants to prove he still have what it takes... I think this year is going to be more than a 2 men show... We'll see..

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk