Author Topic: Federer says confidence loss cost him major titles  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Federer says confidence loss cost him major titles
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »
you greedy guys. be happy that Rog won so much  :)~. NOW, IT'S MY TIME, deal with it  :rofl_2:

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 05:05:39 PM »
I don't care what cause that match. In current circumstance, a lot of players need to win to prove themselve.
Federer, Nadal and Murray all have their target and all have something need to prove.

Federer: another slam
Nadal: beat Djokovic
Murray: win his 1st slam
Del Potro: back to his top
Tomic: achieve top 20 this year to really show he will be the next one
Harrison: break through ranking barrier
...etc

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: Re: Federer says confidence loss cost him major titles
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 05:35:02 PM »
Interesting how the thread has devolved into a discussion over who revolutionized the game instead of talking about the importance of a player having confidence in their game.

Any thoughts as to why Rogi may have stopped believing in himself despite his accomplishments?  He seems to think he still has 'game' and his current ranking and performance would seem to indicate that. 

Does he fear Nole & Nadal now?
Is that the cause for a lack of confidence?

First, I have to say.. We are talking as if Djokovic has been consistently owning Fed for the last 4 years... As I recall, Djokovic had an awesome year (2011), but that is all there is... I  mean, SF at USO? Fed had 2 match points, one saved by an unreal shot by Djokovic... Fed beat him at RG.. What I mean to say, is that I think Federer likes his chances vs. Djokovic, he knows he might win or lose, but he might favor his chances.. It is not like Djokovic has been handling him multiple baggels...

Djokovic and Nadal are too different stories for Federer... While Djokovic is the man to beat right now, the matchup between Fed and Djokovic is something completely different than Fed vs. Nadal...

Do I think Fed has lost some confidence?? I trully believe so.. I have always stated this in the past.. But I think most of his lack of confidence has to come off from his friend and rival Nadal.. No other.. The fact that he has right now 16 GS, that JUST ONE GUY has the "·formula" to beat him consistently, the fact that evertyime he plays Nadal (in any surface) he feels he has to risk every forehand/backhand because he feels he hasn't found any formula for the high bouncing forehand to his one handed backhand, the fact that Nadal is the only one that has CONSISTENTLY BEEN BEATING FED in  his entire career is something that for anyone (we are all humans) could count as disheartening. Even if you are a 16 GS champion, this gets to you whether you like it or not, how can you counter-punch this big flaw? How come have I not found a way to win in the last 5-6 years? What more can I do to beat this guy? and suddenly you find yourself playing some 50th ranked atp player and won't be able to focus. And in his mind will be "has somebody else been able to come up with the same formula as Rafa?"...

ALL THIS IMHO :)
kinda getting tired of this story 'Fed having match points and losing". HE LOST, lol. get it? no ifs or buts. as for Rafa and Fed, same old story... I still don't understand why some guys here get excited when they play. so silly, Rafa keeps pounding Rog's BH. Rafa wins, the end of story. sure Rog managed to win some indoor tournaments but whatever...
Alex,

You are missing the entire point I was aiming to give.. I have dealt with the fact that Federer lost, I never said or made excuses, the point was that Federer has had chances against Djokovic, the point was and still is that the only Nadal is CONSISTENTLY BEATING Federer, el but somehow all you guys are putting Djokovic in the same sentence with Nadal both handling severe defeats to Federer, and even if Djokovic is the man to beat right now, only Nadal can claim to have the formula to Federer, el that's it.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 02:32:12 AM »
bud, I didn't miss your point. Nole did beat Rog 4 times last year. lost only 1 match. as for Rog and Nadal, again same old story.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 07:26:44 AM »

Fed needs to just go out and play the game, don't worry about losing and let the cards fall where they may.

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
Re: Re: Federer says confidence loss cost him major titles
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »

Fed needs to just go out and play the game, don't worry about losing and let the cards fall where they may.
I agree with you, if he could go out and just play the game with a solid strategy, I believe he would play a lot better and more relaxed. Way more loose. But the fact is that every time he faces Nadal he gets nervous and goes around the edges. Still thinks Nadal has gotten way deep in Feds head. Will he ever surface these mental problems? I would like to say yes, but I don't think so, unfortunately.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 12:33:10 AM »
oh boy. the guy who won 16 majors is not confident now  :rofl_2:. the biggest BS ever. Rog always manages to find some excuses. It's driving me absolutely  crazy. The simple truth is that there are 2 guys who are better than him atm. that's it. 

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 01:31:54 AM »
Alex - too bad Olderer is driving you crazy.  :rofl_2:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2012, 01:53:30 AM »
Alex - too bad Olderer is driving you crazy.  :rofl_2:
bud, I love watching Fed. my problem is that every time he opens his mouth he says something very stupid. last time he opened his mouth he attacked Nadal. sorry but again he should shut up. I can not stand his stupid interviews. He should simply focus on his own game and stop BS about other players.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2012, 01:55:17 AM »
bud, I love watching Fed. my problem is that every time he opens his mouth he says something very stupid. last time he opened his mouth he attacked Nadal. sorry but again he should shut up. I can not stand his stupid interviews. He should simply focus on his own game and stop BS about other players.

Last I checked - who's been dominating the tour since US Open?  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2012, 03:01:15 AM »

Last I checked - who's been dominating the tour since US Open?  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
right  :rofl_2:, Rog is the dominator when 2 other guys don't show up.

bud, I really liked young Fed... I was a fan, but again he simply turned me off with his big ego. BIG MOUTH, BIG MOUTH oh can I say it one more time... just because you are good at something doesn't give you a right to judge other people ... sure Fed won 16 slams but he failed as a man IMHO. I simply can't stand that type of egocentric personality. whatever. I really hope that Nole will spank him soon . I mean spank his ego  :)~
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:04:21 AM by Alex »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 03:34:36 AM »
We should get some new smiles on here.spank ones flying pig & so on  :rofl_2: Alex you could add them on your posts mate :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 09:48:12 AM »
I don't know what your problem is with the statement Roger made.  I perfectly understand where he was coming from.  When he was dominating - his confidence was sky high.  Like the announcers said - he could step out on the court and ' mentally' he would already be up 3-0 just on reputation alone.  When your confidence is there - winning is easy.  But just start losing a match here and there...then more...then more...and bang - you start questioning yourself and your shots - and those shots that normally would have went in - now they are out.  Those match points that you normally would have no problem capitalizing on - now you don't. 

Before Novak started dominating, I'm sure he wasn't as confident on court as he is now.  His serve was a mess, his health was a mess....but now, I'm sure he goes out there 'expecting' to win. Right now, he is the most confident player on tour.  Winning will do that for you.  Sure you have to have the talent, but if you're not confident you can win - then you won't!  When was the last time Roger won a major?  And don't tell me he didn't have the talent (he had match points again Novak, he was up 2 sets to zero against Tsonga, etc.).  You start doubting yourself a little - and that's all it takes sometimes.  The more you lose, the less confident you have.

I just think some of you love to find anything to 'hate' on Roger.  That's fine...but in this instance - I don't agree with you all really getting on him for a statement HE really think is true.  He knows himself better than anyone.  If he said his confidence as not there - then who are we to disagree with him on HIS OWN mind?

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »
Federer were the best.

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 06:01:37 AM »
I think this is very true. I am soo suprised with how mang games he lost in the major tornaments. I hope he can come back fighting again with more confidence :D

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 07:38:15 AM »
I don't know what your problem is with the statement Roger made.  I perfectly understand where he was coming from.  When he was dominating - his confidence was sky high.  Like the announcers said - he could step out on the court and ' mentally' he would already be up 3-0 just on reputation alone.  When your confidence is there - winning is easy.  But just start losing a match here and there...then more...then more...and bang - you start questioning yourself and your shots - and those shots that normally would have went in - now they are out.  Those match points that you normally would have no problem capitalizing on - now you don't. 

Before Novak started dominating, I'm sure he wasn't as confident on court as he is now.  His serve was a mess, his health was a mess....but now, I'm sure he goes out there 'expecting' to win. Right now, he is the most confident player on tour.  Winning will do that for you.  Sure you have to have the talent, but if you're not confident you can win - then you won't!  When was the last time Roger won a major?  And don't tell me he didn't have the talent (he had match points again Novak, he was up 2 sets to zero against Tsonga, etc.).  You start doubting yourself a little - and that's all it takes sometimes.  The more you lose, the less confident you have.

I just think some of you love to find anything to 'hate' on Roger.  That's fine...but in this instance - I don't agree with you all really getting on him for a statement HE really think is true.  He knows himself better than anyone.  If he said his confidence as not there - then who are we to disagree with him on HIS OWN mind?
Dallas, you will try to protect Fed no matter what. let's be honest here. again, I do not hate Fed, I don't hate anybody. It's not just one statement. He, again, tends  to say too many silly things and I simply don't like it. I like modest humble people and Fed is NOT one of them. I mean, sure it is his right to say whatever he wants too as a multiple GS champion but I do have a big problem with his interviews and his over the top EGO.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:40:30 AM by Alex »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Federer says confidence loss cost him major titles
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2012, 08:47:48 AM »
Novak is No. 1.........

(what can I say...it's catching) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2012, 09:16:05 AM »
Novak is No. 1.........

well I'm glad you've noticed that Novak is #1. it took you some time  :rofl_2:.

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2012, 10:27:22 AM »
Novak is No. 1.........

right

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2012, 03:22:15 PM »
Novak is No. 1.........

right

:innocent: