Author Topic: How Andy Murray will get to the top  (Read 9216 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: How Andy Murray will get to the top
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 06:46:48 AM »

Andy needs to work on his serve, especially second serve. I thought he is playing pretty well and is getting closer every day. A win against Djokovic, Rafa or Fed in a grandslam is what he needs to take that next big step.
you are so right here. he has do improve his second serve somehow. his first serve is also not that great. Murray simply tends to run like a rabbit, but that is simply not good enough to win slams. I still can't believe he lost his match today.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 08:38:48 AM »
in topspin 4?

:rofl_2:
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
How Andy Murray will get to the top
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 08:53:52 AM »
I just think the longer Murray goes without winning a slam - the harder it will become for him. The pressure keeps building and building and maybe he starts pressing because everyone keeps telling him his time will come.

Personally, I think he:
1. Has to get more aggressive. He has the power but in most of his matches, he is doing more running than his opponent.

2. Still work on the body language. When he is winning, he is ok, but when he starts losing points, he will start flexing that knee, yawning his mouth, looking at his box, etc. if I'm his opponent I would be happy to see these things because then I know he's in trouble.

3. Work on that 2nd serve. All players have at least one relative weak shot. For Roger, it's his backhand. For Murray, it's his "girlie" 2nd serve.

4. Relax and just have fun out there. When I look at Murray, I don't see a player who looks like he loves being out on the court - even when he is winning! He just needs to relax and go for his points.

Those are just some of my observations. Hope Sid doesn't get upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »
very good points Dallas. agree with everything you said. I remember how crazy and emotional young Roger and young Djokovic used to be. somehow they have managed to calm down. they show very little emotion on the court nowadays. Murray needs to learn how to control himself.

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 11:56:56 AM »
More like, how will Murray get to the top putting so much air under his FH. I'd give him half a chance if he didn't brush over the ball and had the courage to flatten the ball.

Indeed! Noticed this as well.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 02:13:58 PM »
William these next to Masters,i think will help to find out where Murray is,in tennis terms.3 Finals this year & winning one is better than last year @ this point in time.Of the to Masters i think Murray will do better @ Miami,Indian Wells he does not have as good record @ in past years.Murray can't drop any Ranking points @ both these Masters,so the pressure is off him,he could make a lot of points & make a move towards those above him in Rankings.
Murray makes you down again, Sid.....
It is totally unaccpetable that he is out again in 1st round this year Indian Wells.

I'm not down,i've not posted as i've been in a fishing match today.Andys match i watched & he was rubbish today,@ Indian Wells he not doing it.Maybe he will do better @ Miami.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 04:44:38 PM »
I just think the longer Murray goes without winning a slam - the harder it will become for him. The pressure keeps building and building and maybe he starts pressing because everyone keeps telling him his time will come.

Personally, I think he:
1. Has to get more aggressive. He has the power but in most of his matches, he is doing more running than his opponent.

2. Still work on the body language. When he is winning, he is ok, but when he starts losing points, he will start flexing that knee, yawning his mouth, looking at his box, etc. if I'm his opponent I would be happy to see these things because then I know he's in trouble.

3. Work on that 2nd serve. All players have at least one relative weak shot. For Roger, it's his backhand. For Murray, it's his "girlie" 2nd serve.

4. Relax and just have fun out there. When I look at Murray, I don't see a player who looks like he loves being out on the court - even when he is winning! He just needs to relax and go for his points.

5. stop brushing up the back of the ball and putting so much air under the FH. Needs the courage to hit a flatter ball. When he tried to be more aggressive against GGL, the errors started flying, so he went back to brushing up the back of the ball on his FH.

6. Murray doesn't just take a point off here and there, he takes entire sets off. He's a notorious slow starter. He believes he can lollygag through the first set if things aren't going his way, then step it up and take the match in 3 (or 4). He gives away too many 1st sets. When he begins to play most (because now he plays many) points like they count, his chances will improve.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:46:46 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 04:56:43 PM »

Personally, I think he:

5. stop brushing up the back of the ball and putting so much air under the FH. Needs the courage to hit a flatter ball. When he tried to be more aggressive against GGL, the errors started flying, so he went back to brushing up the back of the ball on his FH.

6. Murray doesn't just take a point off here and there, he takes entire sets off. He's a notorious slow starter. He believes he can lollygag through the first set if things aren't going his way, then step it up and take the match in 3 (or 4). He gives away too many 1st sets. When he begins to play most (because now he plays many) points like they count, his chances will improve.

://

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 05:38:52 PM »

Personally, I think he:

Good points from both of you.  :)

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »

At the risk of being accused by T4Uworld of being a Safin hater, Safin is the only premier player that comes to mind when I think about lollygagging. When old Safin got up 2-0 in a GS match, bet everything in the bank he was going to lollygag through the 3rd set. He just couldn't stay focused with that big of a lead.

Used to piss me off!  :cursing:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:32:34 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 05:53:45 PM »
I agree on Safin.  But Murray has a habit of 'coming from behind' or getting behind a set first, etc.  So he also fits that catgory.  But TO ME - Safin was a better player! :gleam:

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 07:27:03 PM »
Andy Murray is a fantastic player. Just need a mental treatment and then will win a Grand Slam. Because it is perceived that he fails to win many games by uncontrolled emotional.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:36:58 PM by Nole nš1 »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
Andy Murray is a fantastic player. Just need a mental health treatment and then will win a Grand Slam. Because it is perceived that he fails to win many games by uncontrolled emotional.
oh you can talk  :rofl_2:. sorry, just fooling around with you. not sure if any 'mental health treatment' can help to Andy, lol. he is driving me crazy lately. I think I need a mental treatment  :rofl_2:

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 07:39:07 PM »
Andy Murray is a fantastic player. Just need a mental health treatment and then will win a Grand Slam. Because it is perceived that he fails to win many games by uncontrolled emotional.
oh you can talk  :rofl_2:. sorry, just fooling around with you. not sure if any 'mental health treatment' can help to Andy, lol. he is driving me crazy lately. I think I need a mental treatment  :rofl_2:
Sorry, I missed the time of writing. With mental health treatment, mean improve their vision of the game. I was now clear maqis friend?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »
Sorry, I missed the time of writing. With mental health treatment, mean improve their vision of the game. I was now clear maqis friend?
no, it's all good. I know what you mean  :))

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »
no, it's all good. I know what you mean  :))

OK

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
How Andy Murray will get to the top
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 11:38:24 PM »
I'm glad you do because I'm soooooo confused!!!!!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 01:05:19 AM »
Andy Murray is a fantastic player. Just need a mental treatment and then will win a Grand Slam. Because it is perceived that he fails to win many games by uncontrolled emotional.
I agree, Murray needs a mental health treatment. I always said he behaved strange on the court when he is losing.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 10:28:34 AM »
I agree, Murray needs a mental health treatment. I always said he behaved strange on the court when he is losing.

Andy Murray is a good player.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 10:36:23 AM »
I think some of you need mental health treatment,it's a game of tennis for christ sake lol.When Anderson beat Nole i guess Nole needed  :rofl_2: mental health treatment,i can pick players for Roger & Nadal if you like :whistle: