Author Topic: How Andy Murray will get to the top  (Read 9828 times)

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
Re: How Andy Murray will get to the top
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2012, 08:19:27 PM »
agreed. that is a great point actually.

why not start taking some added risk with the forehand. he has nothing to lose and a lot to gain.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2012, 12:05:08 AM »
I don't know if all that on court whining hurts Murray, it may just be letting off steam.

He didn't do much at the AO but it has crept back into his game.
He also was practicing with Djokovic, I thought Lendl didn't want him to hit with rivals?

It seems for now that Murray doesn't want to change from my perspective.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2012, 12:37:13 AM »
where was he seen practicing with no-djok?

in monte carlo or in miami?
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2012, 07:27:26 AM »

They were practicing in Miami. I really don't think it was a big deal.

Online ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2012, 11:28:03 PM »

Llendl had specifically asked murray not to practice with the top2 !!..apparently, this would improve his on-court attitude towards them.. :)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2012, 11:55:56 PM »

Llendl had specifically asked murray not to practice with the top2 !!..apparently, this would improve his on-court attitude towards them.. :)
I know he did. I'm just not sure how this can really affect Murray. kinda disagree with Lendl here ... Lendl was was a great player... but I don't  even remember seeing him smiling ever, a big turn off for me... he was like a machine (and he wasn't liked at all). Murray is different. I'm sure that Ivan will help Murray (he has already) but again what is wrong with practicing with #1 or #2 in the world? not sure about his logic regarding this.

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »
I think he is a really good player. We have seen him beat all the top players. I think aslong as he sticks to his game and doesn't get frustrated that much he would be a better player!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
For the same reason we speculate that Rafa's body will wear down first. Nole plays a physically taxing game. He really pushes his body to extremes and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a serious knee or ankle injury. Andy's movement is very efficient, similar to, but not exactly like Roger in that respect.
OK, I get it but, but, but ... except for allergies, some shoulder issues (which I'm not sure it was really valid, as I think Djokovic  was simply too tired at the end of the season last year, he played and won so many matches), Djokovic has never had any serious injuries in his career ... unlike Murray who injured his wrist ... I'm not saying this as his fan, but Nole is a super fit athlete ... Rafa is another story ...

Alex of late your getting bitter when anyone says things about Nole.I'm pleased you said on Murray's wrist,Djokovic had some wins over Murray while his wrist was on the mend,ho i'm sure that was forgoten lol.Murray has the game to beat anyone on his good days,just like the other guys @ the top who can beat anyone.

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2012, 03:27:44 PM »
Murray has potential, but for now is off the table.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2012, 05:21:02 PM »
For the same reason we speculate that Rafa's body will wear down first. Nole plays a physically taxing game. He really pushes his body to extremes and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a serious knee or ankle injury. Andy's movement is very efficient, similar to, but not exactly like Roger in that respect.
OK, I get it but, but, but ... except for allergies, some shoulder issues (which I'm not sure it was really valid, as I think Djokovic  was simply too tired at the end of the season last year, he played and won so many matches), Djokovic has never had any serious injuries in his career ... unlike Murray who injured his wrist ... I'm not saying this as his fan, but Nole is a super fit athlete ... Rafa is another story ...

Alex of late your getting bitter when anyone says things about Nole.I'm pleased you said on Murray's wrist,Djokovic had some wins over Murray while his wrist was on the mend,ho i'm sure that was forgoten lol.Murray has the game to beat anyone on his good days,just like the other guys @ the top who can beat anyone.
no, Sid, I'm not getting annoyed when anyone says 'things' about Nole. I'm trying to be as objective as I can, regardless of the fact that I'm a Nole fan. gosh, I'm happy that Murray skipped all of this blue sh!t at Madrid  :whistle:.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:34:05 AM by Alex »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2012, 07:55:34 PM »

As long as Murray plays he has a chance, the skills he has is being over shadowed by the others in front of him.
He's not far from them at all.

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2012, 07:05:03 AM »

As long as Murray plays he has a chance, the skills he has is being over shadowed by the others in front of him.
He's not far from them at all.
But in almost everything.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2012, 02:20:01 PM »
Bet Lendl has pretty much had it for Murray!  Ivan will continue until the results of Wimbledon and if he comes close or wins; he will stick around; if not he will pull a Connors move and quit the same way Connors did to Roddick!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2012, 04:23:17 PM »

Lendl is still thinking in terms of the era he played in.  Back then, the players did not really get along with each other.  He and McEnroe couldn't stand each other for real.  Connors and Mac did like each other, and so on.  There was bickering and backstabbing back then.  The #1 players usually stood off from the other players in the locker room...even Pete didn't 'hang' with other players.  But in this era - things have changed.  Generally the players (ATP players) like each other.  They talk, hang out, joke around, practice with each other, etc.  So I think Lendl is doing an injustice to Murray by having him act like they did back in his day.  Just my thinking....

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2012, 07:36:48 PM »
Lendl is still thinking in terms of the era he played in.  Back then, the players did not really get along with each other.  He and McEnroe couldn't stand each other for real.  Connors and Mac did like each other, and so on.  There was bickering and backstabbing back then.  The #1 players usually stood off from the other players in the locker room...even Pete didn't 'hang' with other players.  But in this era - things have changed.  Generally the players (ATP players) like each other.  They talk, hang out, joke around, practice with each other, etc.  So I think Lendl is doing an injustice to Murray by having him act like they did back in his day.  Just my thinking....

I missed those old days when they were really rivalries, the hawkeye was not there and the complains to the umpires.
somehow the atmosphere this decade seems like the 60's, (all friends), the difference is the money, public relations/campaigns and the coverage.
now, for example it is strange to see a player, a veteran like stepanek, showing the finger to his opponent, tipsarevic.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2012, 08:15:00 PM »
The Murray that played Djokovic at the AO is how he needs to play.
Other times he seems to get too down on himself.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2012, 09:21:38 PM »
affirmative.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2012, 05:52:34 AM »

I missed those old days when they were really rivalries, the hawkeye was not there and the complains to the umpires.
somehow the atmosphere this decade seems like the 60's, (all friends), the difference is the money, public relations/campaigns and the coverage.
now, for example it is strange to see a player, a veteran like stepanek, showing the finger to his opponent, tipsarevic.
It's almost like they all work for the same company these days.
While I understand that the pro tour is indeed a business and that traveling with the same group year in and out can't help but bring people together, I often wonder if this isn't just another symptom of homogenization. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2012, 10:36:07 AM »

It's almost like they all work for the same company these days.
While I understand that the pro tour is indeed a business and that traveling with the same group year in and out can't help but bring people together, I often wonder if this isn't just another symptom of homogenization. :(
my 5 cents on this is ... I don't think that Djokovic, Nadal and Roger really like one another at all ... they are all just trying to be politically correct ... they are big competitors.  not sure I like it. I preferred Nole when he seemed to be a villain back in 2007/08. Nowadays, they all act, they say nice things ... oh, honey darhling, you are great ...  no, no you are are ...  I've, personally never liked Rafa /Roger butt-kissing ... so fake ... but whatever ... prime Roger hated a young Novak ... now when Nole is #1 and a multiple GS champion, Fed is praising him like there is no end ... meh ... should go back to Nadal/Ferrer match ... I just paused it so I can skip stupid commercials.  :))

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
SID....... Where are you? Why do you always indulge yourself in buffoonery.