Author Topic: ATP SONY ERICSSON OPEN, MIAMI (3/19-4/1/12)  (Read 6481 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: ATP SONY ERICSSON OPEN, MIAMI (3/19-4/1/12)
« Reply #280 on: April 02, 2012, 09:39:56 PM »
Thanks for posting that.

The video and the nice gestures recorded therein reminded me of the conversation that I had with a ballkid mom at the Australian Open last year. Those kids really work hard and like it very much when they are appreciated. I wrote at the time:

"While watching the above, I got talking to a lady who told me how happy she was that two of her children were ball kids at the tournament. I learned a lot about how they have been training for the last 6 months and that there is a lot of work in ferrying them around. A hierarchy is established with the good ones ending up on center court and the less than good sent to the outer courts. They are constantly being evaluated. Her son, who was on center court the previous night, lost points once for holding a ball up for the player when the game was finished. She said that the kids ranked the players too. Djokovic was right at the top. He apparently always offers thanks and a smile for the offered towel."
thanks man. great story. we often focus so much on big tennis stars, but there are so many people involved in any tournament. It was really nice that Djoker went there and acknowledged their effort ... he didn't have to do it, nobody expected it ... kids were kinda shocked, lol ...

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #281 on: April 02, 2012, 11:39:59 PM »
Watching the final, the announcers said that Nadal had pulled out of this tournament with a knee injury BUT was ALREADY PRACTICING FOR MONTE CARLO? :confused1:

He is probably just practicing on one leg.
I hates me some tennis pirates, aaaaaargggggh!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #282 on: April 03, 2012, 10:18:29 AM »
Murray was impatient again.  He seem to win on the long rallies most of the time.  It was great seeing Djokovic run out of juice and see him sucking for breath.  It seems that Djokovic likes the second set to be close; adds to the excitement I guess.  Nice final match. 

Lendl did not like it for sure and I think Murray and Lendl may in the future not get along well if this keeps happening in the finals.

Plane 2 see you don't like Murray,your one of them people who hates him.For christ sake he missed 2 matches in one Masters,what the hell do you expect.  :)>>>>

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2012, 08:06:38 PM »
really nice video. Nole spending time with fans after his win in Miami. He even went to the 'ballkid room" to thank them, they were like 'wow'. just awesome  :)) .
Novak Djokovic Victory Lap At Sony Ericsson Open In Miami

Nice thing Djokovic did for the kids, they'll have that memory for life.  :gleam:

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #284 on: April 08, 2012, 06:01:01 PM »
Djokovic won deservedly. He played better than Murray.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #285 on: April 08, 2012, 06:09:02 PM »
Djokovic won deservedly. He played better than Murray.

He was looking pretty good.  :cool: