Author Topic: Who Can Stop Roger Federer  (Read 3383 times)

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
Re: Who Can Stop Roger Federer
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2012, 04:14:46 AM »
well well..roddick was the last person i thought who would stop the fedexpress( given his H2H ) !! :whistle: :whistle:

good match tho..
hope andy roddick gets the title..though it sounds highly amusing..if he can beat fed, he can win it !! :innocent:

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2012, 07:45:08 AM »
well well..roddick was the last person i thought who would stop the fedexpress( given his H2H ) !! :whistle: :whistle:

good match tho..
hope andy roddick gets the title..though it sounds highly amusing..if he can beat fed, he can win it !! :innocent:

:rofl_2: i agree. roddick was the last person i would have thought. I am hoping either Andy can take the title  :cool:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
Roddick having one of those rare great serving days. Roger had *15-30 in the last game but Roddick came up with 3 huge serves to win it.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2012, 12:25:25 PM »
After losing just his third singles match of the season to Andy Roddick in Miami last night, Roger Federer says hes feeling tired. "(I've played) maybe 30 matches for the season. Just feeling like it's taken its toll a bit, which is normal," Federer said. 
"But I've played more tired in the past, so this was not the most tired I have ever been, but you just start to feel it a bit. I didn't just get the lucky break today that I got in Indian Wells."

Looks like he should be skipping MC for sure.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2012, 01:16:19 PM »
Roddick simply played out of his mind. His FH reminds me of Roddick 2003. Players get on fire from time to time. We've seen it so many times.

Again, no matter how good you are, no matter if you are ranked #1, you will still lose some matches. I was shocked when Isner beat Djokovic in IW, and yes, I was shocked that this Roddick guy who's been losing left and right lately was able to def. Rog who's been playing so great lately.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2012, 06:35:39 PM »
Alex - look at the Nadull-tards celebrating it like crazy last night.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2012, 10:33:38 PM »
this is the sports world mate. amazing upsets do happen and nobody sees them coming. not even those who make them happen.

PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »
this is the sports world mate. amazing upsets do happen and nobody sees them coming. not even those who make them happen.

Beyond that, Roger has played a s**tload of matches this year and was looking tired in the Harrison match.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2012, 10:43:08 PM »
Fed finally ran out of gas.
He's put in a very good 6 months, a WTF and 2 masters with some other tournaments.

Moved up close to #2 in the rankings.

He can rest up and let the big dogs fight it out for awhile.

I don't know his schedule but he's got 6 weeks to get recharged, I just hope his game is there when he comes back.

Then he's going to get stopped on clay in short order.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2012, 11:23:46 PM »
affirmative general swish. he did look weary--both mentally and physically.

where is alex? i think he is holding emma hostage. tell him that i will trade him 3 cows for emma.

PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2012, 01:16:02 AM »

where is alex? i think he is holding emma hostage. tell him that i will trade him 3 cows for emma.
oh, Herc  :rofl_2:, too good.

on the other hand, I still don't understand that Roddick played out of his mind, his FH was working so well, and then he losses to Monaco... I'm not a fan of Roddick but I just don't understand that guy.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2012, 04:40:45 AM »
roddick beats federer & gets defeated( including a bagel) by Monaco !!! :ZZZZZ)

no matter how hard i try, he always proves me wrong.. :)~ :)~
i thought he'll be defeated by rog..WRONG..he beats rog..
i thought he'll get the title or atleast get further in the draw..he loses next round to monaco !! :confused1: :confused1:

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
Yes, I thought that, too...
You look at the stats, and the match is a foregone conclusion

ranking: 3 vs. 31
GS titles : 16 vs  1
carreer titles : 73 vs. 30
YTD match record : 22/2 vs. 5/5
H2H : 21 - 2 last time Roddick won, was way back in '08...

And  he goes and beats Fed, only to go down 7-5, 6-0 against Monaco in the next match.....

For a Fed fan, it's maddening.
But have to admit, Roddick played really well in that 3rd set, while Fed obliged him with some spotty play, and that's all it took.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2012, 03:02:38 PM »
Yes, I thought that, too...
You look at the stats, and the match is a foregone conclusion

ranking: 3 vs. 31
GS titles : 16 vs  1
carreer titles : 73 vs. 30
YTD match record : 22/2 vs. 5/5
H2H : 21 - 2 last time Roddick won, was way back in '08...

And  he goes and beats Fed, only to go down 7-5, 6-0 against Monaco in the next match.....

For a Fed fan, it's maddening.
But have to admit, Roddick played really well in that 3rd set, while Fed obliged him with some spotty play, and that's all it took.

Not a huge surprise. Remember 2010 Miami semi vs Nadal, Roddick lost the 1st set with his normal pusher-style. Then he started slapping huge forehands and won the match?

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2012, 06:02:05 PM »
guys... Roddick said himself he was not fit enough, coming off his injury. He basically ran out of gas against Monaco.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2012, 06:09:29 PM »
guys... Roddick said himself he was not fit enough, coming off his injury. He basically ran out of gas against Monaco.
well, how the hell he 'ran out of gas' for gods sake? it's not like he had to play a 5 set marathon match at a major or something. BS, I don't buy it.

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »
Garion is right.

the great southern ape (roddick) was too emotionally drained from his match with Fed the night previous.

he is also not all that fit.
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »

oh, Herc  :rofl_2:, too good.

on the other hand, I still don't understand that Roddick played out of his mind, his FH was working so well, and then he losses to Monaco... I'm not a fan of Roddick but I just don't understand that guy.

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
PRAY FOR DEATH

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2012, 11:33:06 PM »
Here's Roddick's and Monaco's quotes.

=======
Theres no real way around it, when you have to make a quick recovery, it will expose you if youre not in shape, said Roddick, who is getting over a torn hamstring. Most people can play a match and its fine. Its the recovery where it kind of defines you... . I just didnt have it physically. I got to 4-all, and Im out of shape. Thats it.

Roddick shot down the suggestion that he might have been emotionally drained after his gutsy three-set win over Federer — only the third time he had beaten him in 24 tries.

I dont think so, he said. Im professional enough to take care of that. But you cant lie to your body.
Monaco sensed Roddick was physically spent and tried to capitalize. He said his strategy was to run the American from side to side.

I was exhausted from my match against (Gael) Monfils, but it seemed Roddick was even more tired, Monaco said. I wanted to make him move a lot to wear him out, because I knew he has such a dominant serve. When I won the first set, it gave me confidence.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:33:59 PM by garion »

Offline hercules

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2012, 12:31:13 AM »
is the the great southern ape making excuses? he knows better than that. come off it andy and give monaco some credit.

why not just say that monaco was the better player on that day and leave it at that.
PRAY FOR DEATH