Author Topic: Who Can Stop Roger Federer  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
Re: Who Can Stop Roger Federer
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
murray has to be really hungry by now but the current moment belongs to fed.

others will just have to fight a little harder.

Murray is a good player.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 02:55:39 PM »
Fed definitely has a good shot in Miami but come clay its going to be Nole and Nadal all the way is my guess. Nole wants this slam and Rafa has to show that he is still king there. Btw, no one seems to be talking abt Murray. Any thoughts?

Falcon,Murray does not get talked about much on this board,i'm kind of use to it.Ivan Lendl will be with Murray in Miami & i hope he get's into the comp by winning his first match.If he does that Murray will have a hard match v Raonic,if Murray wins the first 2 matches he should go deep.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »
I think it's hilarious that Roger gets Harrison/Roddick to start. His American bunnies.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 04:21:49 PM »
People with the biggest results are the ones that are talked about the most. Pretty simple. The minute Murray starts winning some big tournaments or has some big wins, everyone will be talking about him.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 07:40:56 PM »
Who? Anyone! That is my answer!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 09:11:48 PM »
Who? Anyone! That is my answer!
I like your style....you are not a prejudiced Fed follower.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 10:47:16 PM »
Season is only beginning; Key Biscayne is next and it will be a test for Roger!  If he can win again; then he maybe the real deal for 2012!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 12:00:31 AM »
Harry - winning IW was already the main deal for me.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 01:59:03 AM »
I'm really trying to be realistic here. Rog is done. All of you Fed fans should really except it. Rog is not winning any more slams. Rog will have to go trough Djokovic or Nadal.... Murray is there too... yes Rog will win some odd tournaments but who cares? I still don't understand why you worship him as God.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 02:24:32 AM »
I'm really trying to be realistic here. Rog is done. All of you Fed fans should really except it. Rog is not winning any more slams. Rog will have to go trough Djokovic or Nadal.... Murray is there too... yes Rog will win some odd tournaments but who cares? I still don't understand why you worship him as God.

Alex - I suggest you look at things a bit deeper. Roger is not done by any means. If you keep believing that, you will suffer a lot.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 06:36:12 AM »
At Indian Wells, a very slow court, under tough conditions, Federer was able to dominate Nadal.
Nadal had no answers, and appeared weak at times, especially on serve. Federer flooded Nadal with variety, a big serve, and forehand winners.

When is the last time that happened? That has to mean something.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 06:52:09 AM »
Nice uppercut to the jaw Alex!
I'm not sure he's 'done', but it certainly will be tough for him to snatch another one.

That being said, he looked pretty good at IW and seems to be playing tighter to the baseline when necessary and willing to take some risks.
Let's see if he maintains this strategy or reverts to relying on his defensive skills as necessary.  I think that would be a huge mistake.

And of course.....Nole is Da Bess!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 07:35:54 AM »

Nothing more real than looking at the last 6 months, post USO.

Fed has played well enough to win a slam, so the threat is there.

Fed isn't worshipped, he's receiving praise for the many years of beautiful tennis.
I would call it appreciation for all he's done for the game, the rivalries, the records that many are trying to get close to.  :cool:

No one who follows tennis objectively would put Fed out to pasture, especially not now with leading the race and trying for the #2 position in the rankings.  :gleam:

Offline zeun4749

• New Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »
Indeed Fed is playing great! His great run will ultimately end, when? I still don't know.. But to tell you the truth, I really though Nadal would beat Fed at IW and I got a really nice surprise when I saw the scoreboard... Miami? Well, I would think Fed has all the motivation to win Miami considering that if he does, that would mean he would be #2 again, so I believe that is a hell of a motivation. Can he accomplish it? who knows. Yeah, Roger is playing great, but you still got Djokovic, Nadal and even Murray to deal to win the title and that is a tough achievement that can be done but I don't think it will be easy..

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 08:39:50 AM »
Indeed Fed is playing great! His great run will ultimately end, when? I still don't know.. But to tell you the truth, I really though Nadal would beat Fed at IW and I got a really nice surprise when I saw the scoreboard... Miami? Well, I would think Fed has all the motivation to win Miami considering that if he does, that would mean he would be #2 again, so I believe that is a hell of a motivation. Can he accomplish it? who knows. Yeah, Roger is playing great, but you still got Djokovic, Nadal and even Murray to deal to win the title and that is a tough achievement that can be done but I don't think it will be easy..

It definitely won't be easy.
Nadal will make some changes and Djokovic will be working.
Murray had a bad game and got knocked out of IW but is still overall looking very good this year.

Then we have Isner who can cause some big problems and Raonic too.

I'm hoping DelPo can get his forehand in tune, another problem.

Miami should answer a lot of questions.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Who Can Stop Roger Federer
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 09:34:47 AM »
I'm being realistic too Alex, and personally it's never good to say a person (any person) who has won 6 of the last 8 tournaments they have entered is "done", regardless of who they are. From what happened at Indian Wells, we all should learn that anything can happen in tennis. That's why they play the matches.

Now if Roger had done the opposite - like losing 6 of his last 8 tournaments, maybe you would have a point. But this is the best I've seen from Roger in a long while.

2008 should tell you that anything can happen. Who would have thought Nadal would have been knocked out of the French Open, and that Roger would win? So you never know what the future holds. I just know with the way the top 3 players are playing right now - Roger is, at least, putting himself in a good position and playing like he "could" win another major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 10:39:05 AM »
that 6 out of 8 titles stat is a little overblown, dallas......nadal and djokovic were physically done for the season after USO......they were longing for an off season.......fed just capitalized in those circumstances and won 4 titles very quickly.......

del potro should have beaten him in dubai and nadal's love with doubles lost him the singles title at IW.......after djokovic lost to isner, IW was a great chance for nadal to win a title finally and break the duck......he let it slip...... 
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 10:47:59 AM »
dallas, sorry if I came  across as being rude, that was not my intention. When i sad he was done, I was thinking of GS. He hasn't won one in 2 years, yes he is still a great player, no question about it. I guess we'll see.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 10:51:55 AM »
that 6 out of 8 titles stat is a little overblown, dallas......nadal and djokovic were physically done for the season after USO......they were longing for an off season.......fed just capitalized in those circumstances and won 4 titles very quickly.......

del potro should have beaten him in dubai and nadal's love with doubles lost him the singles title at IW.......after djokovic lost to isner, IW was a great chance for nadal to win a title finally and break the duck......he let it slip......
Doesn't that just reinforce the point? :confused1:

How is it the 'old man' has more in the tank than the young bucks at the end of the season and can finish strong???

I think he is far from done.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 10:55:09 AM »
Fed's said before, he'll be ready to take opportunities as they arise.

For the past 6 months that's what he's done.
No let down from the bad loss at the USO but instead he's put in the time and effort.